Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 20, 2021 8:45 PM

Aug 2018
I personally feel it didn't live up to the hype, and I want to hear other people's opinions.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2021 8:49 PM

Aug 2018
I would rate it fairly high, however I was quite bored by the 2nd season.

-No clear picture of where the plot is going
-No clear picture of the significance of some characters
-
Feb 20, 2021 8:51 PM
Dec 2018
It's more that it is extremely confusing to me.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Feb 20, 2021 8:51 PM

May 2020
Do we really need this thread? This is just going to attract toxicity
Feb 20, 2021 8:56 PM
Jan 2021
Why do people make these threads lol it’s only gonna create more toxicity
Feb 20, 2021 8:59 PM

Jan 2009
Extremely boring (S2 at least) and awful pacing on this arc imo

May 2020
Hmm well side characters aren't interesting at all .
The second season is dialogue heavy and the dialogue is not good at all . Subaru and Emilia are the only ones I like in the entire series . This season is very different from Season 1 which I actually liked . I lost my interest in EP 5 and it felt like a drag to complete the whole season . Haven't watched Part 2 yet though , maybe it'll be even worse .
And no its not that I don't like slow pacing and dialogue heavy series . It just isn't good as a dialogue heavy anime . Anime like Monogatari series and AOT have good dialogue heavy episodes I like . People love to insult anyone that doesn't like their beloved Re Zero as a shounentard .
Nyess_Feb 20, 2021 9:02 PM

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation

Jun 2020
opal_shimmer said:
Gilgameshuu said:

I can always delete it if it gets bad. :)

See that's the thing, you can't delete it

I said keep your hands on the table
Feb 20, 2021 9:00 PM

Jun 2020
Not enough death
Not enough gore
Not enough rem

9.8/10 it has a little something for everyone.
Feb 20, 2021 9:03 PM

Aug 2018
I liked season 1 a lot. It's similar in many ways to Steins Gate so what's not to love?

Season 2 has been a huge disappointment. It's slow, tedious and chock full of badly written dialogue.
Feb 20, 2021 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
Opticflash said:

-
Exactly the same. I have rewatched S2 part1 at least 3 times & I still don't get it what is really happening.
Feb 20, 2021 9:07 PM

Apr 2016
I still gave the first season a 7/10 (although it has been a while since I've seen the first season), but if I were to put it into bullet points:
-The characters are very uninteresting and bland. Their development is superficial and I can't get behind their motives and backstories. Most of them seem to just be sob stories and I simply just can't connect with them.
-The current arc is really boring. The dialogue is especially uninteresting and pretentious. I do not know what the end goal for that is.
-I already didn't really like Subaru as an MC and this arc isn't helping with that at all.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with enjoying Re Zero. I just don't think it lives up to the hype it has.
Feb 20, 2021 9:08 PM

Aug 2018
Marc_Isle said:
Opticflash said:

-
Exactly the same. I have rewatched S2 part1 at least 3 times & I still don't get it what is really happening.

what's not to understand? 1st episode established the idea that Emilia needs to do the trials and the anime has been wasting our time ever since.
Feb 20, 2021 9:14 PM

May 2020
epidemia78 said:
Marc_Isle said:

what's not to understand? 1st episode established the idea that Emilia needs to do the trials and the anime has been wasting our time ever since.

Why would the plot be that simple? How is it "wasting your time"? There has been a lot of revelations about how this whole arc was setup by a certain character behind the scenes, so it wasn't supposed to be simple like Emilia clears the trial and arc is over, there has been more layers to the plot this season and I don't understand why people seem to think that's a bad thing.
Feb 20, 2021 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
epidemia78 said:
Marc_Isle said:

What I didn't understand is that from where those witches started to popping up out of nowhere & You have stated it more clear than the entire S2
Feb 20, 2021 9:20 PM

Sep 2008
I like the show but I don't think it's flawless at all.
subaru is a cringelord most of the time.
emilia is the blandest thing in existence, she might just be air.
from s1, I really hated the mansion arc at the start. it was long and boring.
I grew fond of rem, but she's gone now.
s2 started out lame, got better, but the current arc is dragging on forever again.
I thought the first part would end with subaru yelling at emilia. it happened 2 episodes later than expected. it's that slow.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 20, 2021 9:22 PM

Feb 2020
I strongly dislike all the characters, except maybe Crusch and Wilhelm.
Feb 20, 2021 9:22 PM
May 2020
I like Re:Zero and why tf am I here anyway
Feb 20, 2021 9:23 PM

May 2020
People really be complaining about Season 2's pacing like it's the next Chimera Ant smh...
Feb 20, 2021 9:24 PM

Aug 2018
Gilgameshuu said:
epidemia78 said:

Why would the plot be that simple? How is it "wasting your time"? There has been a lot of revelations about how this whole arc was setup by a certain character behind the scenes, so it wasn't supposed to be simple like Emilia clears the trial and arc is over, there has been more layers to the plot this season and I don't understand why people seem to think that's a bad thing.

It's wasting my time because most of these long, drawn out conversations that have dominated the entire season could have been shortened. The creative team behind this adaptation obviously have never heard of the "show, don't tell" film-making technique. They might as well just project the text from the light novel onto the screen.
Feb 20, 2021 9:28 PM
Jan 2021
I love re zero and why all the hate here
Feb 20, 2021 9:32 PM

Aug 2019
at least in my opinion on paper the concept of the show sounds dope but once I’m actually watching it I find myself bored; I just find this current arc about the trials too long for my liking
Feb 20, 2021 9:55 PM

Feb 2017
I really REALLY hate all the characters...
My priorities: Characters > History > Technical aspect (Soundtrack, animation, background, etc)
I rated 8/10 the first season, but I'll not see the second.
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Feb 20, 2021 10:10 PM
Nov 2019
In my case, the main characters are completely obnoxious, and the relationships and behaviors don't make any sense. Emilia is just a pretty doll without real personality. And the main character is simply retarded. What's worse, the main character has a premium quality plot armor when it comes to relationships with other characters, and instead of getting a "fuck off" as (what should be the logical) reaction to his attitude, everything orbits around him, which is complete non-sense.
KuxuFeb 20, 2021 10:14 PM
Feb 20, 2021 10:15 PM

Apr 2020
Every character sucks , they are all annoying especially Subaru but Rem exceeded that annoyance when they ran away and she gave that treacherous monologue .most of the fandom is toxic ,the story isn't unique it has same thing as steins Gate,Madoka Magica and somewhat of erased just they don't have to die. People say stupid things like love Subaru because he suffered the most . Not watched s2 and never would .
Tristar_ShinobiFeb 20, 2021 10:19 PM
Feb 20, 2021 10:16 PM
Jul 2020
Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. As mentioned before, it's quite similar to Steins;Gate, so I should've really liked it. I think maybe having all my friends reccomend it to me and raising my expectations ended up with me being disappointed by it which might've made my judging a bit harsher.
Feb 20, 2021 10:28 PM

Feb 2020
I don't dislike Re:Zero but I definitely don't find it as great as what the fanboys claim it to be. Its a decent show, an above-average isekai with a pretty cool concept. It has got some very cringe dialogues and conversations but I can look past that. First cour of season one was so damn good with great pacing but the anime only went downhill from then on.
Subaru. I do dislike Subaru. His character is too bilateral. One second you see this man suffering like he is in literal Hell and the next moment, he acts as though nothing bad had ever happened. Even for a coverup for his bad memories, the drastic shift in his personality is hard to perceive for me.
SurplusSugarFeb 20, 2021 10:39 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2021 10:32 PM

Oct 2020
Opticflash said:

-

Ask us....we will help you. Like just list all your questions but be exact.
Feb 20, 2021 10:34 PM

Oct 2019
Gilgameshuu said:
??? asking for criticism shouldn't be "toxic" even if responses are filled with "toxicity" i doubt it would that big of a deal to "not make the thread"
I see dead people
Feb 20, 2021 10:39 PM

Oct 2020
Marc_Isle said:
epidemia78 said:

What I didn't understand is that from where those witches started to popping up out of nowhere & You have stated it more clear than the entire S2

Those Witches are dead and their souls are trapped in that 'dreamworld' of Echidna. It was made clear in the anime
Feb 20, 2021 10:40 PM

Oct 2020
Chro0oIsAWeeb said:
Gilgameshuu said:
??? asking for criticism shouldn't be "toxic" even if responses are filled with "toxicity" i doubt it would that big of a deal to "not make the thread"

The thing is in these type of threads, toxicity>> 'criticism'
Feb 20, 2021 10:43 PM

Oct 2019
Redo-Master said:
Chro0oIsAWeeb said:

I see, i don't fuck with Re:Zero threads anyway, well now you know a majority of people don't like Re;Zero because they are dipshits!
I see dead people
Feb 20, 2021 10:45 PM

Sep 2020
Season 2 is especially entertaining sometimes, part 2 is way better than part 1.

The show is a decent watch after all, but I "love" the fanbase so much that I threw 1s at the series

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Feb 20, 2021 11:01 PM

Oct 2020
Chro0oIsAWeeb said:
Redo-Master said:

I see, i don't fuck with Re:Zero threads anyway, well now you know a majority of people don't like Re;Zero because they are dipshits!

I think you got me wrong... It's totally fine that people criticize any series... But throwing hate comments and shit on it, saying that it's boring, cringy, I hate x character without giving any context doesn't makes sense...
Feb 20, 2021 11:10 PM

May 2020
Redo-Master said:
Chro0oIsAWeeb said:

I think you got me wrong... It's totally fine that people criticize any series... But throwing hate comments and shit on it, saying that it's boring, cringy, I hate x character without giving any context doesn't makes sense...

OP asked why people don't like the show and thus people answered it by saying what they didn't like about the show , that is by saying that it's boring, cringy, I hate x character etc . If this is toxicity in your eyes then I can't help you . OP asked for negative opinions , not constructive criticism .
Nyess_Feb 20, 2021 11:14 PM

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Feb 20, 2021 11:32 PM

Oct 2020
shingojira-san said:
Redo-Master said:

OP asked why people don't like the show and thus people answered it by saying what they didn't like about the show , that is by saying that it's boring, cringy, I hate x character etc . If this is toxicity in your eyes then I can't help you . OP asked for negative opinions , not constructive criticism .

I'm not trying to be a fanboy and I hope you are not getting that idea..I'm just trying to be a non-toxic fan because every time a fan tries to support an idea or oppose another its called as being a fanboy..

That said shouldn't we give constructive criticism for a show??
Feb 20, 2021 11:32 PM

Feb 2021
I rated S1 a 8.
S2 is extremely boring. Subaru didn't make 1 save point in 10+ episode, it is that slow.
Emilia might be the most boring/flat MC I've ever seen.
Feb 20, 2021 11:33 PM

Jan 2020
For me , the character designs looks like too shoujo-ish haha
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Feb 20, 2021 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
Redo-Master said:
Opticflash said:

-

I could, but that might take a while. I might respond in a day or two. I might also have to revisit some episodes especially in season 2 part 1 to pinpoint my dissatisfaction.
Feb 20, 2021 11:48 PM

Oct 2020
Opticflash said:
Redo-Master said:

I could, but that might take a while. I might respond in a day or two. I might also have to revisit some episodes especially in season 2 part 1 to pinpoint my dissatisfaction.

Yeah...absolutely no problem. Rewatch really helps and if there are specific parts you didn't liked or were confusing, just make a thread and list all of them. Don't listen to haters or crazy fanboys who may ruin your opinion or call you out saying you don't have enough iq to understand it.
Feb 21, 2021 12:51 AM

May 2020
Redo-Master said:
shingojira-san said:

I'm not trying to be a fanboy and I hope you are not getting that idea..I'm just trying to be a non-toxic fan because every time a fan tries to support an idea or oppose another its called as being a fanboy..

That said shouldn't we give constructive criticism for a show??

You can give criticism if you have any but you can't disregard opinions such as " Subaru is a boring MC " or " Its is very slow for my liking " like a fanboy . Good thing this isn't in Re Zero forums or else I would've been bombarded by people telling me to shut the fuck up .
Nyess_Feb 21, 2021 1:06 AM

Feb 21, 2021 1:00 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
I enjoyed the first season quite a bit, but it wasn't anything special.
The second season for me was a HUGE disappointment. The pacing was really bad and it was as if white fox tried to speedrun the story without giving it the proper time it needed to settle.
The story also didn't have a proper direction that it was leading up to, and things just ... happened. There are no standout characters when it comes to character writing and the entire Beatrice side plot in season 2 was boring af. It didn't intrigue or invest me and felt really dumb and forcefully dramatic.
Also, I really hate how the re:zero fandom acts like its an obvious masterpiece when there literally is nothing special about it. I don't think there are any parts of the story that only rezero can handle. Its a story that anyone could have written. Even a 12 year old. It is just a basic story.

still i don't hate it, it just didn't live upto the hype

Feb 21, 2021 1:04 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
shingojira-san said:
The second season is dialogue heavy and the dialogue is not good at all . Subaru and Emilia are the only ones I like in the entire series . This season is very different from Season 1 which I actually liked . I lost my interest in EP 5 and it felt like a drag to complete the whole season . Haven't watched Part 2 yet though , maybe it'll be even worse .
And no its not that I don't like slow pacing and dialogue heavy series . It just isn't good as a dialogue heavy anime . Anime like Monogatari series and AOT have good dialogue heavy episodes I like . People love to insult anyone that doesn't like their beloved Re Zero as a shounentard .

Exactly this. The ReZero fandom like to think that anyone who doesn't like it is just a dumb shounen tard who only likes action. It really gets on my nerves sometimes. Also, all these other points, i agree with. Although from the 2 episodes that i have seen, Part 2 is a bit better than part 1

Feb 21, 2021 1:06 AM

May 2020
BerriesSan said:
The second season for me was a HUGE disappointment. The pacing was really bad and it was as if white fox tried to speedrun the story without giving it the proper time it needed to settle.
The story also didn't have a proper direction that it was leading up to, and things just ... happened. There are no standout characters when it comes to character writing and the entire Beatrice side plot in season 2 was boring af. It didn't intrigue or invest me and felt really dumb and forcefully dramatic.
Also, I really hate how the re:zero fandom acts like its an obvious masterpiece when there literally is nothing special about it. I don't think there are any parts of the story that only rezero can handle. Its a story that anyone could have written. Even a 12 year old. It is just a basic story.

basic story? Now that's just false, Season 2's arc structure is complex and carefully written it can even be convoluted at times admittedly so I don't know how you think it's "basic" maybe you can explain it a little better because I don't see how it's basic in any way shape or form.
Feb 21, 2021 1:09 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Redo-Master said:
Opticflash said:

-

I have a bit of confusion. Can you please tell me why exactly the characters have to go through trials and overcome their pasts in order to free the sanctuary?

Feb 21, 2021 1:11 AM

May 2020
BerriesSan said:
shingojira-san said:

Exactly this. The ReZero fandom like to think that anyone who doesn't like it is just a dumb shounen tard who only likes action. It really gets on my nerves sometimes. Also, all these other points, i agree with. Although from the 2 episodes that i have seen, Part 2 is a bit better than part 1

Oh no you better run dude the fandom has entered this thread and they've found you

Apr 2020
Starts like Evangelion and ends like Gurren Lagann. Cast is just horny and annoying teenagers.

May 2020
BerriesSan said:
Redo-Master said:

I have a bit of confusion. Can you please tell me why exactly the characters have to go through trials and overcome their pasts in order to free the sanctuary?

That was literally explained in Episode 3 of Season 2, to free the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary has a special barrier that holds all half-bloods inside, whenever they try to get out their soul is separated from their body, since Emilia is a half-elf she herself cannot get out.
Feb 21, 2021 1:15 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Gilgameshuu said:
BerriesSan said:

basic story? Now that's just false, Season 2's arc structure is complex and carefully written it can even be convoluted at times admittedly so I don't know how you think it's "basic" maybe you can explain it a little better because I don't see how it's basic in any way shape or form.

By basic, I mean that there is nothing "special" about rezero. Its just a gimmick and the story is written pretty straightforward for a mystery time leap show. Its world building is also decently good but not the best, even though it tries. Looking at it as a whole, it feels basic.

Feb 21, 2021 1:20 AM

Jan 2021
The first season wasn't that good, because it relied a lot on gory elements rather than expanding on the world, or developing some of the side characters. The second season begins to improve on this, as we actually get some good development. Part 2 is my favourite so far as it has really expanded on the character of Emilia, and the side characters such as Garfiel and Otto, and creates a great atmosphere. I can understand why people don't like the new seasons due to pacing and such, but I personally am enjoying the direction Re:Zero is taking, and hopefully from here on out it only gets better. I didn't really find the Beatrice arc that well done, but that's just me not liking Beatrice on the whole.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

1170 by Lejy0nr »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

725 by motakku »»
May 17, 5:36 PM

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.