Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 29, 2021 6:10 AM
Jan 2021
So as this series is rated very high and I have never heard of people not liking it.
So I was wondering if I was the only one who didn't like this series much, I don't hate it or have any problem with people liking it but it's just that it's not my cup of tea.
So I just want to know if some people have same opinion as me or not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2021 6:19 AM
Apr 2021
Gabbar101 said:
So as this series is rated very high and I have never heard of people not liking it.
So I was wondering if I was the only one who didn't like this series much, I don't hate it or have any problem with people liking it but it's just that it's not my cup of tea.
no you’re not the only one
Dec 29, 2021 6:21 AM

Jul 2021
Hey i didn’t like it that much and thought it was kinda overrated.
Dec 29, 2021 6:27 AM
Sep 2021
True the first season is kinda boring at times but I think the sequels are way better so if u haven't watched I think you should give it a shot.

Jul 2017
Liking an Anime is subjective
Like how some people like getting humiliated
And some people like humiliating someone
Like that
For you it may be disgusting but for others it may be amazing

Sep 2016
I didn't like any for the season to be honest, but I didn't hate it either, I don't like the fact that the secondary characters are forgotten throughout the work and the main girl is chosen in the end without earning it, but I read from people who liked of the anime that Light is better so I plan to read it one day since there are only 11 volumes
Dec 29, 2021 6:34 AM
Feb 2021
Gabbar101 said:
I just want to say you are wrong, this one of the best animes ever, not liking it is illegal
Dec 29, 2021 6:40 AM

Jun 2021
Akitokamisen said:
Like that

I just wanna agree with this guy. For me this is massively underrated and isn't talked about enough compared to other rom-com animes.
Dec 29, 2021 6:50 AM

Jun 2021
No you're not alone mate
I didn't like this anime much either and dropped mid s2 and don't think will be picking it up cause already know the ending....
The only which I did like was the edgy mc mainly cause I like that type of mcs
Dec 29, 2021 6:53 AM
Jan 2021
God-_- said:
No you're not alone mate
I didn't like this anime much either and dropped mid s2 and don't think will be picking it up cause already know the ending....
what the hell I am exactly same as you.
I dropped it on episode 8.
Dec 29, 2021 6:54 AM
Jan 2021
It’s definitely overrated and it’s definitely not the best romance ever
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Dec 29, 2021 6:56 AM

Jun 2021
official_brown said:
Okay so just curious but why scordolo on your ignored list ?
Did something happen ?
I need answers lol
Dec 29, 2021 6:57 AM

Jun 2021
Gabbar101 said:
God-_- said:
No you're not alone mate
what the hell I am exactly same as you.
I dropped it on episode 8.
Hmm I didn't say on which specific episode I dropped tho mate...I think I dropped it on 3rd or 5th ep of s2
Dec 29, 2021 6:59 AM
Jan 2021
God-_- said:
official_brown said:
Did something happen ?
I need answers lol

In a span of a week he commented on my comments on 20 different forums trying to pick fights with me and I found him really annoying. I even agreed with him on something and he try to fight me on that
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Dec 29, 2021 7:03 AM
Jul 2020
I can relate to you but when I rewatched it like after a year or too I fell in love with it, like I didn't understand a lot of shit in the beginning.
I have to say this series is made for a rewatch
Dec 29, 2021 7:04 AM

Jun 2021
official_brown said:

Your opinion is exactly opposite of mine on the topic but I really liked the way of thinking you've portrayed in ur bio.
Dec 29, 2021 7:05 AM

Jun 2021
official_brown said:
God-_- said:
Did something happen ?
I need answers lol

In a span of a week he commented on my comments on 20 different forums trying to pick fights with me and I found him really annoying. I even agreed with him on something and he try to fight me on that
Lol I can now see the reason why
Nowadays I don't think he comments that much but yeah
Dec 29, 2021 7:06 AM
Jan 2021
_cyberwarrior_ said:
official_brown said:

Your opinion is exactly opposite of mine on the topic but I really liked the way of thinking you've portrayed in ur bio.

Thank ya, really appreciate it. The only reason I think it’s a smidge overrated is because on like Instagram and Tiktok people were saying that LiW and Oregairu were the only two romances anybody needs to watch. It was constant praise of the show. I think the show is really good, but there are also really great romances
Dec 29, 2021 7:08 AM
Jan 2021
God-_- said:
official_brown said:

Lol I can now see the reason why
Nowadays I don't think he comments that much but yeah

I don’t think so anymore. But he has done I think 10,000 comments in the last year in a half, so he was on MAL quite a lot.. I just was a little tired of it when it happened.
Dec 29, 2021 7:14 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
I never understood the appeal either.
First season was average SOL nothing special, 2nd season was a forced melodrama.
None of the characters aside from Hachiman stand out they are all basic architypes that can be found in every anime.
For an anime that has a romance and comedy in the title I was expecting a romcom instead of pseudo deep, melodramatic garbage.
โค Incessant Rain โค

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Dec 29, 2021 7:16 AM

Jun 2021
official_brown said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:

Thank ya, really appreciate it. The only reason I think it’s a smidge overrated is because on like Instagram and Tiktok people were saying that LiW and Oregairu were the only two romances anybody needs to watch. It was constant praise of the show. I think the show is really good, but there are also really great romances

Actually I don't even like it coz of the romance,I mean there wasn't much romance until S3...I love it coz of the other aspects shown and the MC.
Dec 29, 2021 7:26 AM

Nov 2019
Another copy-paste thread. You could have just taken a walk across the review section and got what you wanted, instead of creating a thread and gathering very 'un'popular opinions.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 29, 2021 7:27 AM

Sep 2021
God-_- said:
No you're not alone mate

I myself found it worthy of my time and enjoyed it, do give it another chance when you can make out some free time!
Dec 29, 2021 7:34 AM
Aug 2021
Ya I don't like this series because

I love this series
Dec 29, 2021 8:13 AM
Jul 2020
I’m so tired of this kind of post. Any time you ask “Am I the only one”, the answer is always no. You can literally just look at the page for this show and see that over 20,000 people have scored it 5 or lower. Obviously you’re not the only one who doesn’t like it.
Dec 29, 2021 8:16 AM

Mar 2021
Honestly I loved the first season but the other 2 just weren't my thing (also best girl didn't win...)
Dec 29, 2021 8:16 AM
Jul 2021
DrOzaki777 said:
Gabbar101 said:
no you’re not the only one
You two are the only one
Dec 29, 2021 8:18 AM
Jan 2021
Didnt liked it that much either. I expected something more but still its well made.
Dec 29, 2021 8:37 AM

Dec 2018
You’re deffo not the only one (as the response to this post already shows) I thought season 1 was meh and season 2 REALLY turned me off of the show for good.
Dec 29, 2021 9:11 AM
Feb 2021
Then it means you don't like drama rom genres but f for those who says this show is overrated. They should drop if they don't like the show ..

I didn't like FMAB a bit but I can't create a post to say "hey i didn't like this show anyone feeling this way" and I can't call it a overrated show it's jus not up to my liking
Dec 29, 2021 9:22 AM
Apr 2021
Yeah it’s overrated
Dec 29, 2021 10:16 AM
May 2021
i loved the first season, liked the second one but it had some questionnable moments, and season 3 and the entire ending made me hate it. so no you're not the only one
Dec 29, 2021 10:26 AM
Feb 2021
official_brown said:
it's definitely not overrated for me but yeah it's not the best romance. we have Oreimo :)
Dec 29, 2021 10:28 AM
Feb 2021
Matt-sc said:
i loved the first season, liked the second one but it had some questionnable moments, and season 3 and the entire ending made me hate it. so no you're not the only one
well I didn't like first season too much and now, it's one of the my favorites. the reason is S3.
Dec 29, 2021 10:31 AM

Nov 2019
Jamison2210 said:
Honestly I loved the first season but the other 2 just weren't my thing (also best girl didn't win...)

I know right, but that route is impossible, even for someone salty as I am. Hiratsuka-sensei is Hiratsuka-sensei for a reason. So is Yuigamama.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 29, 2021 10:32 AM

Feb 2021
Gabbar101 said:

Different people have different openion, you hate it but I still love it. It's not like your fault but maximum people scored it high enough to get this kind of rating
Dec 29, 2021 10:38 AM
Jun 2020
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Akitokamisen said:
Like that

I just wanna agree with this guy. For me this is massively underrated and isn't talked about enough compared to other rom-com animes.
Oregairu is by no means underrated, people we’re saying the S3 was anime if the year and that its a top rom com but I disagree, it’s so slow, boring for a while and there is no focus on romance until deep into s2 then end of season 3
Dec 29, 2021 1:45 PM
Dec 2020
Boring imo and overrated
Dec 29, 2021 2:30 PM

Mar 2020
You are not alone on this, I don't like this series that much too.

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Dec 29, 2021 8:04 PM
Jan 2019
Didn't love it. But the MC dude is stupid relatble. Finished it for him.
Other characters were random and annoying. I wanted to like them but no. The Yuki snow queen that everyone adores is a real bitch stringing around our homeboy who should've ended up with the there girl. Atleast they spent real time together outside school and bonded for real effortlessly. But nope. Our boy doesn't want the girl who's clearly into him. Stupid.
And creating a prom as a means of having something to tie him and the icy Yuki together because they legit can't maintain a normal relationship like other people. Its bull. Sorry for spoiler and rant.
Dec 29, 2021 11:18 PM
Nov 2021
I love this series because I like and relate to the characters, but some of the dialog and story decisions are really frustrating. I can understand why anyone wouldn't like it because of that. I was honestly surprised it was rated so high after watching it.
Dec 30, 2021 12:24 AM
Jun 2021
It kinda felt a little fresh at the start for me but then I couldn't take the usual dragging the plot through forced drama.

My liking exponentially decreased as the series progressed and I kind of found the 3rd season downright annoying. The character development felt more like character devolution into a clusterfuck.
Dec 30, 2021 2:06 AM
Oct 2021
Welll itts justt tht this was an ok anime but extremely slow paced and thts wht i hate the most still i liked it i want romcom which only make s2 if they can keep up the good content
Dec 30, 2021 2:12 AM
Sep 2021
I cant blame people who doesnt like this series .OreGairu is one of the most unique anime I have ever watched , NGL havebt seen anything like this before . The plot is not straightforward , it shows us the hidden emotion of all the characters + amazing character development
Dec 30, 2021 2:12 AM
Sep 2021
I cant blame people who doesnt like this series .OreGairu is one of the most unique anime I have ever watched , NGL havebt seen anything like this before . The plot is not straightforward , it shows us the hidden emotion of all the characters + amazing character development
Dec 30, 2021 2:16 AM
Jul 2021
it’s was like a 6-7. Nothing amazing happened but it definitely wasn’t that bad
Dec 30, 2021 2:20 AM
Jul 2021
animeforlife808 said:
bruh i just went through like 60 of the anime u watched and have already seen movies that have way more emotion and development in it than SNAFU ever had. You’ve literally watched josee, golden time and domestic girlfriend to name a few which is levels above this bland and simple show
Dec 30, 2021 8:56 AM
Feb 2017
You’re not alone, 3 seasons and the OVAs and I just hated the main trio. The only characters that I liked was the teacher and Iroha, but other than that, it was boring as hell. A lot of people find Hachiman relatable but I just couldn’t find him relatable. I know there are similar characters like him such as Sakuta from bunny girl senpai or Ayanokouji from COTE but it’s a divided opinion if they are better than Hachiman. For me, I didn’t mind them but outside of anime, there’s one character that has a similar personality to hachiman which I found it to be better on all levels. Daria Morgendorffer from MTV show Daria, I could relate to her.
Dec 30, 2021 11:58 AM
May 2021
I didn’t like it, season 1 and 2 were average but season 3 was boring af
Dec 30, 2021 12:20 PM

May 2020
its first season is most definetly forgettable and nothing special
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

562 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

437 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

285 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

336 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

260 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 1:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.