Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 24, 2016 10:48 PM

Feb 2015
So theres been things going on about animation, there are new types coming out and it seems to be a causing a clash between some peeps.

Does the animation style of Ajin throw you off? Or make you give it a lower score even if you liked the plot? Was it something you found really cool or distracting?

Personally its a bit of a throw off for me, 3D animation is great but for anime... not so much in my opinion. The problem is Ajin... Didn't put much effort into the animation, movements were flawed and just an overall error in motions and overall lack of detail. If it was produced better I would be fine with it...

Honestly 3D animation is not an anime thing. Animes are produced like chicken nuggets at Mc Donalds, unlike games which take a long time and layer upon layers of detail, anime doesn't get that time or effort so you end up with... Obvious flaws. 3D animation used in anime lacks the detail that we watchers look for, its very bland and just dry, no clothing detail, no hair detail, no light/shine, nothing really... Do you think the same? Yes or no?
Jun 25, 2016 4:52 PM
May 2011
3d cgi is shit and i will never watch an anime that uses it fully.
Jun 25, 2016 10:31 PM

Feb 2015
Tylerr said:
3d cgi is shit and i will never watch an anime that uses it fully.

I'll agree with you there, I like Ajin because I'm a sucker for horror but I saw a bit of the manga, not only do the characters look off in the anime but so many details are missed... real shame
Jul 17, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 2016
Just finished watching Ajin and I really liked it. The style didn't put be off because it it actually felt more real, movements were more human, the expressions and movements of the characters felt like how they should react if that makes sense. This was my first 3D CGI season anime (excluding movie anime films such as harlock, final fantasy, etc but those are on another league).

I actually cannot wait, and if they do do it, for season 2. I have also just started the manga as well since I keep reading that it is what everyone takes reference to about the 3D nature of the anime. I guess maybe because I didn't start the manga first that I don't mind the 3D CGI. I feel it lends itself differently to most other anime a and it stands out.

Also, I don't think the IBM's would have worked as well as they do if they were in 2D.

:)
Jul 17, 2016 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
junjouheart said:
Just finished watching Ajin and I really liked it. The style didn't put be off because it it actually felt more real, movements were more human, the expressions and movements of the characters felt like how they should react if that makes sense. This was my first 3D CGI season anime (excluding movie anime films such as harlock, final fantasy, etc but those are on another league).

I actually cannot wait, and if they do do it, for season 2. I have also just started the manga as well since I keep reading that it is what everyone takes reference to about the 3D nature of the anime. I guess maybe because I didn't start the manga first that I don't mind the 3D CGI. I feel it lends itself differently to most other anime a and it stands out.

Also, I don't think the IBM's would have worked as well as they do if they were in 2D.

Correction.. CGI has more robotic movement with is why people don't don't like it... IBMs would actually look 10x better in 2D
Jul 17, 2016 4:08 PM
Jul 2016
Kaneki-Uta said:
junjouheart said:

Correction.. CGI has more robotic movement with is why people don't don't like it... IBMs would actually look 10x better in 2D

To me it felt more real anyway. I found it more smooth and not as stand still or jerky as some 2D animes. If it were 2D it would only feel like other animes with supernatural monster battles. This is different which I like.
Jul 17, 2016 4:35 PM

Feb 2015
junjouheart said:
Kaneki-Uta said:

To me it felt more real anyway. I found it more smooth and not as stand still or jerky as some 2D animes. If it were 2D it would only feel like other animes with supernatural monster battles. This is different which I like.

you are special... like... I can't even... I'm a genius and I can't understand your thinking... Seriously I'm at a loss
Jul 17, 2016 5:05 PM
Jul 2016
Kaneki-Uta said:
junjouheart said:

you are special... like... I can't even... I'm a genius and I can't understand your thinking... Seriously I'm at a loss

everyone has their own opinions. even if you find mine wrong and do not understand it then that's your self-proclaimed genius thinking.

I hope you have a nice day :)
Jul 17, 2016 9:22 PM

Feb 2015
junjouheart said:
Kaneki-Uta said:

everyone has their own opinions. even if you find mine wrong and do not understand it then that's your self-proclaimed genius thinking.

oh you read me wrong... I mean that there is finally someone on MAL who isn't a pessimistic piece of shit... So deserve to have a nice day...
Jul 18, 2016 12:40 AM
Jul 2015
I got trashed on another board for saying it felt like low production values but still loved it for the story. But really I think I'm right, it is literally cheaper to produce and is bland in coloring and detail IMO
Jul 18, 2016 1:28 AM
Jul 2016
Kaneki-Uta said:
junjouheart said:

oh you read me wrong... I mean that there is finally someone on MAL who isn't a pessimistic piece of shit... So deserve to have a nice day...

I apologise for understanding you wrong. Much love! x
Jul 18, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2015
junjouheart said:
Kaneki-Uta said:

I apologise for understanding you wrong. Much love! x

No problem man... 0-(.-. have a plate bro

More topics from this board

» One of the worst Adaptation's Ever

Naveen6662246 - May 29

10 by myrmidon_mamori »»
May 29, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.