45.3%
Heaven's Feel
43.4%
I'm more of a Hollow Ataraxia Person...
1.9%
53 votes
Apr 9, 2009 1:29 PM

Jul 2008
As anyone who keeps track knows, the Visual Novel Fate/Stay Night has, since a few months ago, been completely Translated by the group Mirror-moon as they finished the last route, Heaven's Feel. Made by the company Type-moon, it boasts as one of the greatest novels out there, with numerous adaptions and a ps2 port.

For all of you who does not know, what are you waiting for? Budget increase? Go mow some lawns bitch, and go get the damn thing!

Naw, just kiddin. I'm surprised there weren't any thread for this game yet, and I felt a little over dramatic for a while there, not that it helps to suck at thread-making. So for all you starters or fans out there, welcome to the thread, and feel free to answer the poll...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 9, 2009 2:23 PM

Mar 2007
IHoster said:
I'm surprised there weren't any thread for this game yet

Possibly because http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=285
Apr 11, 2009 12:54 AM

Jul 2008
Well, doesn't mean it can't be in here to be enjoyed by random comebyers and regular people. A club of Visual Novels in general should still contain VN's whether they're in another club or not. Or so I believe...

Not that I knew about that club though...
Apr 28, 2009 6:36 AM

Dec 2008
IHoster said:
Well, doesn't mean it can't be in here to be enjoyed by random comebyers and regular people. A club of Visual Novels in general should still contain VN's whether they're in another club or not. Or so I believe...

Not that I knew about that club though...

Oh yes, I also don't mind. And I must say I still haven't played the third route but I love Saber so much that I would be surprised if I liked it more than the first route.. ;-)
Apr 29, 2009 7:08 AM

Nov 2007
probably ubw for me, shiro/archer is pretty interesting to follow
Apr 29, 2009 7:19 AM

May 2008
UBW > HF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fate for me
May 11, 2009 3:42 AM

Jan 2008
HF definitely had the greatest impact, not to mention was the most story-related.
Also, Kotomine-GAR-ness and the fact that I somehow came to like Sakura, even if it might have only been for her yandere side.

The Rin/Sakura fight at the end made me cry ;_;

UBW was also awesome - I still want Archer to have his real happy ending, dammit!
(but then again, the bittersweet-ness of the way it did end was perfect in its own)
And Rin = <3

Fate route wasn't all that great compared to the rest, which is a pity because I like Saber - but that didn't change my HEADDESK-ing at Shirou's behavior throughout the whole route ("noo~ girls shouldn't fight I mean you constantly save my ass and all I'm good at is cooking but noo~").
The Kotomine scene was pretty intense, though (as in, it made me SHIT BRICKS).

tl;dr - HF > UBW >>>> Fate
Nov 23, 2009 5:15 AM

May 2009
tolkki said:
UBW > HF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fate for me

QFT
Feb 28, 2010 1:00 PM
Feb 2010
Although Fate was quite lacking I'd like to think that a large amount of the problems with that first route were necessary as introduction to the characters, the story and the world in general.

I liked HF the most, surprisingly because of
Not because I didn't like her, but because she was always Shirou's safety net throughout the first two routes and not having her around suddenly added a whole new dimension to the story. That, coupled with the Kotomine 'Burial Agency' link and the awesome ending manage to push it past UBW.
Jul 15, 2010 1:01 AM
Mar 2010
Although I'm not much of a fan of Rin, I'd have to say I like UBW the best. It never felt like it was dragging, and the whole Archer/Emiya story was really interesting to me. I also really liked Lancer in this route. I liked Heaven's Feel because of all the plot twists and all the Illyasviel and Kotomine (my two favorite characters), but Sakura really bothered me, and it tended to drag a bit. Fate was by far my least favorite route, as much as I liked Saber, Shirou was completely idiotic, and the story felt way too drawn out.

tl;dr: UBW>HF>>>>>>>>>Fate (I seem to have a similar opinion with many of the others in this thread.)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Where to get visual novels

rpgdiva - Feb 12, 2009

31 by Tulegen »»
Aug 29, 2021 2:28 PM

» What did you just finish playing? ( 1 2 )

Entropy - Jan 18, 2009

88 by Oneirophrenic »»
Jan 22, 2021 1:25 PM

» akane-iro ni somaru saka

en_____ - Nov 23, 2009

5 by Elnath1911 »»
Feb 8, 2016 8:41 PM

» Recommend a VN like Princess Evangile?

luniz123 - Aug 15, 2015

1 by luniz123 »»
Aug 15, 2015 10:13 PM

Sticky: » Visual Novels with Anime/Manga Adaptations

accela - May 16, 2008

27 by IommicDisciple »»
Dec 23, 2014 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.