Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2007 7:07 AM

Aug 2007
Okay well each of the letters mean something but ironically they spell Life lol but anyway.

L=Love
I=Infatuation
F=Friendship
E=Exploitation

Well we all know what love is right. That self-sacrificing thing you do. Making someone your everything and wanting to do absolutely anything for them. It's that happy feeling you get inside that makes anything seem possible when your with this person. But do we know when that turns into infatuation.

To me infatuation is when you want to be with a person and you'll do anything to be with that person even if they are not interested. It's that obsessive feeling or jealousy when you see that person with someone else. It's like a mask of love it's not really love but it is a belief of love.

Freindship is something everything has. Guys between guys, girls between girls, and even guys between girls. Most relationships start out that way. Guys and girls can be life long friends and in the future get together, or even someone you meet recently you can just click with. Friendship sparks most relationships in life.

And now to exploitation. It's one of the worst types. It means you use someone else for personal gain and even hurt them. I personally want to hit anyone who does this. It's cruel and horrible something I really hate with a passion. I know of some people who have went through this and it just hurts. No one deserves to be hurt especially like that.Relationships are supposed to be wonderful things not painful things so people if you truly don't love someone and wish to go to someone else just say it don't go behind there back. And don't pretend to like someone only in the end to hurt them.

Here's one that wasnt part...Lust. I think Lust is similar to infatuation. Honestly I don't understand lust very much so someone mind telling me what they believe it is.

So anyway anyone have their own thoughts on what I just put up? I'd really like to start a disscussion.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 23, 2007 8:39 AM

Nov 2006
I agree with most of the things you said. Here's what I think each is in my own words.

Love: Yeah, like what Angelkat said...everyone pretty much knows what love is and has their own way of describing it. To me love can't really be taught and you can't be told when you're in love with someone...you just know you are. It's when you know you'd do anything for that person you love even if it means you getting hurt (emotionally) or not being able to be with him/her the way you want to be (as in boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife). It's when you'd do anything just to see them smile or see their eyes light up in happiness.

Infatuation: Not a big fan of infatuation because when I think of this word, I automatically put it with stalking. Lol I don't think being infatuated with someone is really all that healthy. I see it as actually being kind of creepy. It means that all you can think about is that person and sometimes it can turn out to really bad. I avoid this one.

Friendship: Everyone has a friendship with at least one person. It's the greatest thing to have really. A friendship between two people means you can rely on that person no matter what. You trust and can be yourself around them without being afraid of being laughed at or judged. It's a great feeling. Friendship can also lead to a more intimate relationship with someone (boyfriend/girlfriend) because sometimes when you really get to know a person and be friends with them, you realize how much you admire and respect them and these feelings can turn into love; this could eventually turn into a mutual feeling w/the other person and could lead to a long, happy, and healthy relationship. I think it's always good to really get to know a person before dating, as in like knowing that person for more than a year (just seeing them around doesn't count...you have to really talk to them a lot and get to know their interests, like, dislike, etc.)

Exploitation: This (like Angelkat said) is a horrible thing. It means that you don't love the person at all but just want to use them for your own personal gain. An example is if a guy wants to "get laid" in order to prove he's "hot stuff" to his friends and plays with a girls feelings in order to have his way with her and use her (this is an example so I hope I don't offend any guys out there...I know most guys aren't like that at all). This is disgusting and really unforgivable. Anyone who exploits another persons feelings for their own gain seriously needs to talk to someone and get themselves straightened out and taught how to respect and be conscientious of other people's feelings.

I'd have to say though that friendship is the best one to have. It's great to have someone to love and hold and stuff, but everyone needs friends; people who you can rely on and always look to for help no matter what.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2007 10:19 AM

Aug 2007
Hmmm your right lol it's been a while since someone other than Michael has agreed with me in a discussion topic but anyway...

Yea love is just I think one of the best things you can feel. It really is a great feeling. Something I never felt but it feels amazing.

LOL yea stalking you have a point LMAO I mean I know not all infatuation is really "Stalking" because it could be very small I suppose but when it gets obsessive and whatnot then it becomes a problem

Yea I know what your saying. Friendship is a great thing. You can't live without having at least one good friend in yours years. And yea certain friendships can usually lead to relationships. I mean we didn't exactly know each other for a year lmao but we took our time before we chose to get together. And now Michael and I are happy together ^^

That example you put is one of the worst ones and the ones I hate the most. Just I guess I'm highly against sexism. It really upsets me at times and even pisses me off how sexist some guys are. I mean even my dad is at times and I just want to yell at him. I mean some guys well more than half I sadly must say take advantage of women for just that one thing "sex" It just is horrible how guys will do anything to get that even hurt her. I've been very catious since last year when I learned more about rape and abusive relationships. Like not enough I despise guys or anything just when I see a guy acting like a jerk to a girl I just get really mad. I mean I know girls can do the same thing right back which is equally as bad but either way it's just a horrible thing. Just I've been a little catious when I go out alone at night somewhere or I'm home alone and stuff. Just a little fear in there. But yea just how someone will do that is just wrong and should seriously get some help. How someone finds enjoyment out of that I personally think needs help or a good smack acroos the face. lol

I honestly believe I like love better only because it's like the best feeling I've ever felt but friendship is still very important to me.
Oct 23, 2007 10:49 AM

Nov 2006
Aw! That's so cute (you and your boyfriend I mean)! Lol My boyfriend (Tom) and I knew each other as little kids, like we were on the same soccer team together but we kind of forgot about each other after that until like junior high. Lol Wasn't until 10th grade when we started hanging out with the exact same group of friends. We got to know each other somewhat, I asked him out in 10th grade, he very politely turned me down, we stayed friends, I still had a crush on him all through high school and freshman year of college, and he finally asked me out this past summer when he admitted that he had liked me for a long time. And we've been dating since! Lol Now, I wasn't the stalking or love obsessed girl (lol) I mean I did try to move on and date one or two other guys, but whenever I saw him I knew I really, really liked Tom.

That's kind of why I said people should really get to know the other person because when I asked Tom out in 10th grade, when I look back on it, we didn't really even know each other THAT well. So it was probably a good thing he said no cause I have a feeling things would've gone bad from there.

That example I put was the only one I could think of that would really have helped make my point. I don't really know any guys that would do that to a girl because all my guy-friends are the sweetest guys ever! Lol But I know what you mean, you just want to beat the crap out of a guy that acts that way. I wonder what makes a guy think he can get away with something like that? It's really horrible how guys and girls act towards people sometimes.

Yup! I don't like going anywhere by myself at night. I mean, I'm not really afraid, but you never know. It's always good to be in a group even if it's only with 1 or 2 other people. Plus it's more fun. Lol

Hm, I suppose you have a point. Love is a fantastic feeling and it's so great when you "find" it. I think though I'm gonna have to stick with friendship being my top one (love definitely comes second tho) just because before Tom and I started dating, I always had my friends by my side and everyday at school was always an awesome day just because they were there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2007 6:32 AM

Aug 2007
Hehe Thank you. Awwww that's cute for you and Tom. I wish I went to school with my boy lol. But yea that's really good I mean you two really got to know each other like that.

Yea I mean if you honestly don't know someone and start a relationship with them things aren't going to turn out so well. I mean I didn't knwo every little detail and Michael when we started but we knew quite a bit and it's going great ^^ well other than other problems but yea us as a couple is good.

Yea I mean not all guys I know are jerks but there's this one that all I think he really wants with me is to get in bed with me. Okay that was a little blunt but this guy is really obnoxious to me and always has sexual remarks to say to me, and then there's this whole sexual dance as well but yea. I just wanna smack him because he's just UGH he bothers me so much and other guys like him. Not all guys are like him but sadly quite a few guys mainly teenage guys which are who I'm stuck with lol are obnoxious.

LOL yea I mean I sometimes stay home alone for a weekend because of something I'm going to do but yea it's still kinda scary. Like I even have to wait at night for my mom to pick em up from dance and it's pretty dark where I wait by the studio and I'm just afraid some guy is gonna come up from behind me or something lol. USually though like you said I go with other people out to the mall or something.

Yea it is amazing when you "find" it. Friendship is a great thing to I mean it's definetely a close second for me.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» I'm Not Sure How to Tell My Love...

SweetlyKaoru - Dec 26, 2007

18 by SweetlyKaoru »»
Nov 30, 2008 6:51 PM

» Love is...

ivorykeys - Nov 4, 2007

9 by xtinkerbell »»
May 30, 2008 12:01 PM

» Love poems..

Aerineth - Dec 12, 2007

4 by Aerineth »»
Feb 23, 2008 12:46 PM

» just felt like share:P

ayamechin - Jan 24, 2008

3 by firedancer »»
Jan 31, 2008 5:56 AM

Poll: » Can Love Conquer All?

Angelkat - Oct 29, 2007

7 by WorldWide »»
Dec 5, 2007 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.