Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 2016 5:26 PM

Sep 2008
Megroth said:
I'm a beginner here but I really don't like long chapter-having manga, especially the one which has anime series based on it, like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gintama, etc. Of course, I will try reading it, but I want for some 40-60 chapters-having manga recommendations, so please, give me something. I would really appreciate that!

What kind of genres are you into? I can give you a pretty decent list based on that (unless it's sports....i don't really read sports :O)
Mar 31, 2016 10:00 PM

Mar 2016
TheUnknownMerc said:

What kind of genres are you into? I can give you a pretty decent list based on that (unless it's sports....i don't really read sports :O)

Actually I am into all kinds but not sports too. :DD

Mar 31, 2016 11:11 PM

Sep 2008
Well off the top of my head

these few are what you should start here: Beauty Pop, Chobits, Erementar Gerad, Kodomo no Omocha, Hana to Akuma, Assassination Classroom, Fuits Basket
all of which are completed.

My list below is a pretty solid start to anything you want and ANYTHING below the 50 chapter area is also a great start

some VERY easy reads under 50 chapters are The Devil Does Exist, Prunus Girl, A Princess with a Flower , Onegai☆Teacher, Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen

The more chapters there are usually gives more things such as action, comedy, and such while the shorter chapters are more for series that aren't finished if it has action or series that are very short and focus on romance.

here is additional stuff.

200-500 Chapters

Kingdom - 459
This is a combat, army, war series taking a look at the main character Shin growing in the army trying to get to being a General. This series is one of my favourite, continuing, series. The chapters 459 is DAUNTING but i promise you, if this series is even remotely interesting, those chapters are going to breeze by.

Negima - 400 (It has a pseudo sequel UQ Holder at around 100 chapters atm)
Quite a solid series overall we watch a series that goes from being ecchi + Harem like the authors previous work Love Hina, into a series that revolves mainly around combat with comedy and Harem sprinked here and there. I must say that This Authors work is one of the FEW Harem series (UQ Holder, Negima, Love Hina) that i actually like, most others i hate.

Noblesse - 389
Supernatural, combat series whos MC is a Vampire who is OP as fuck. But the series doesn't REALLY use him as the focus, the focus is primarily the growth and development of those characters around him and the world he now lives in. Again a series which chapters will breeze by

Berserk - 343
Tragedy, Combat, God i love this series, it is hands down top 5, problem is it WAS slow as fuck in release, it's monthly now i BELIEVE but just getting to this point in the series is something that will be forever remembered. I usually describe it as a series where the world literally just shits on the MC...and when it's done, it shits more...it's like the worse shit you can do to a human is done to this guy and i love it.

The Breaker - 72 + The Breaker: New Waves 203 = 279
This is a series that primarly revolves around martial arts and combat. Absolutely love this series. It finished it's second season and there is a pretty massive break until the 3'rd season comes out. That does not mean in any way that this ended on a cliffhanger, it ended well and you can enjoy what it has right now.

100 - 200 Chapters

Assassination Classroom - 183
Combat, Comedy this series focuses on a class tasked with assassinating a being that will destroy the planet in a year. This just ended and i recommend it highly

Nanatsu no Taizai - 157
Basically the Dragon Ball of this time, The characters, pretty much all, are fleshed out and amazing, the combat scenes are great, the comedy is fantastic, i don't even know what's bad about it.

Fruits Basket - 137
Comedy, All i can say is this series goes from Comedy to heavy as fuck throughout the series and, despite how SHITTY the anime is, the manga was great especially the last volumes

Tokyo Crazy Paradise - 111
Action, Romance, a great series

UQ Holder! - 109
Sequel to Negima and is Action Harem Comedy, I love it and can't get enough of this weekly

50 - 100 Chapters

Erementar Gerad - 96
A hard series to talk about, it's primarily a romance action but it goes into some pretty heavy concepts and ends really well. One of the few series where the anime and manga endings differ, but i enjoyed both different endings. The anime is WAY more light hearted where as this manga part is far more heavy and dark.

Chobits - 88
I love this series, and i don't know if it's the tone or what but it at least FEELS darker than the anime counter part and that's why it works so well. This series is mainly comedy, ecchi, and delves into what is human and sentient. The story is in a world where automated robots are a norm, a boy finds a robot and takes it in...it's a girl...you can see where this will go. It primarily revolves around his constant struggle with whether or not he should view her as a human being or just a robot. Unlike most counterpart series this focuses MORE on this concept and seriousness than most others that just go LOL ECCHI GIRL ROBOT LOL.

Mahou Tsukai Kurohime - 87
GREAT action, and i love the story, if anything just read up to the end of the first arc which is like....14 chapters? it's fantastic

One Punch-Man - 87
Comedy, Action, literally the story is a Guy is a hero as a hobby and beats all mosnters with one punch.... fantastic series

Busou Renkin - 83
One of THE BEST SHOUNEN series out there, it's SOOO cheese it's good.

Boku Girl - 70
A trap (guy who looks like a girl) is ACTUALLY turned into a girl by the god loki, follow the life that happens now...comedy, slice of life

Blood And Steel -67
Action, Martial Arts

Usagi Drop - 62
slice of life, a 30 year old adopts the daughter of his grandfather (aka it's technically his step-sister). Follow their lives as he deals with raising a daughter he has no experience with doing and her growing up. I REALLY enjoyed this.

Faster Than a Kiss - 58
Romance, girl has brother, parents die, she decides to quit and work, teacher takes them in agreeing to her demand to marry her. WTF happening? It's good stuff

Hana to Akuma - 58
Comedy, Romance, Dram, i dono wtf even to say about this series other than it's CUTE AS FUCK.

Aho Girl - 57
Literally the story about a stupid as fuck high school student and god it's funny. It's a 4-koma meaning there is no plot it's mearly a string of funny situations.

Beauty Pop - 57
A girl wants to cut hair, most badass cutting of hair series eva. Romance

Kodomo no Omocha - 54
Romance, Drama, Comedy, i can't explain it properly, but holy crap one of my FAVOURITES

Under 50 Chapters

Prunus Girl - 43
A trap...romance, comedy, a trap wants this dude, and it's a nice story.

The Devil Does Exist - 42
Romance, Drama, High school is hard for Kayano. When she tries to confess her love to the kind but distant Yuichi, the school bully Takeru makes her life hell. But things get worse when Kayano's mother gets engaged to Takeru's father, the school principal!

Bonnouji - 36
Literally the daily life of some people in the same building ...it's GREAT

Skill of Lure - 33
A guy is unlucky as fuck when it comes to women, watch a man guide him down the path of going against his unlucky fate to being someone who can talk and communicate well with others (it's great).

Hadi Girl - 30
Romance....a shy girl is chosen to go through tasks by an angel, if she refuses, she will never getting her love, if she success, she will.

Sakamoto desu ga? - 27
A guy goes through life in GRACE and SWAG...you just need to read it to believe it. it's great, comedy

Tsuyokute New Saga - 24
Defeating the Demon Lord came at a price, a large price, all of his friends have perished but at least the Demon Lord is finished. After a flash of light...he is in bed...YEARS prior to this battle....Now he has the chance to change what the future has in store.

The Rising of the Shield Hero - 21
A guy is transported to a world and told he is a hero and must stop waves of monsters along with 3 other heroes. But strangely enough, unlike the other 3 heroes...he is treated differently...why? Follow his struggle in this new work. I LOVE THIS SERIES AND UNFORTUNATELY IT ISN'T FINISHED UGH.

Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen - 19
The long-lasting war between the Northern and the Southern Kingdoms is unbearable. So the northern Prince Johane and the southern Princess Euda decide to tell everyone they are in love, because their marriage can stop the war. But the truth is they don't get along at all!

Onegai☆Teacher - 15
teen is forced to marry this alien (his teacher) to preserve her secrets. From there, various romantically-inclined problems crop up repeatedly.

Kiss/Hug - 14
Business teenage wants to marry a teenage girl, cheesy as fuck but i enjoyed it.

The New Gate - 14
Players are trapped in a game, the MC beats the FINAL boss and everyone can now log out, he awaits all to log out and logs out himself, but instead of being logged out he is transported somewhere....somewhere strangely similar to the game he was trapped in

A Princess with a Flower - 8
Girl was about to die, so devil made a contract giving his heart until she turns 16 and then he will eat her. She now dances awating the day she will die. Good shit
TheUnknownMercApr 1, 2016 6:25 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Introductions ( 1 2 )

georgi - Mar 11, 2009

89 by Alpha_230 »»
Jul 17, 2023 1:25 PM

» Guide to Posting Images

georgi - Feb 14, 2010

4 by slowlydil »»
May 13, 2023 2:30 PM

Sticky: » Where to read?

37wallflower73 - Feb 11, 2009

31 by StardustCursader »»
Aug 15, 2021 6:11 AM

» What Are You Currently Reading? ( 1 2 )

georgi - Dec 8, 2009

55 by Genzai-Sensei »»
Jul 13, 2021 1:42 AM

» Manga of the Month Nominations

georgi - Feb 13, 2011

32 by ozy »»
Feb 27, 2017 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.