Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2007 12:45 PM

Jun 2007
Q) Why don't I see anyone else. I only see one person on my list?
A) Make sure you added both network codes (found on club page). Also click the "add friends to my network button" and then press the "add friends of friends" check box. Then you can choose all the people you want and send out a friends request to. They should accept.

If you have a router you should also port forward or setup UPnP. To find out what port to forward, go to view>options and look at the number for port forwarding.

Q) How do I port forward and why is it needed?
A)Go here to find guides on how to portforward for your router http://portforward.com/guides.htm and it is needed for full connection between you and other people. Without port forwarding you may encounter problems downloading or uploading.

Q)Why does my client say I'm only hosting xxMBs when I'm really hosting way more.
A) Click the little refresh button once. Its a blue button above your buddy list.

Q) I removed some files but they still show in my shared folder. How do I permanently remove them so people don't accidentally try and download non-existing files?
A) 1) Open the debug console (press ctrl-y or select View-Debug->Console)
2) In the console type: "sl <keywords>" where keywords are the keywords you want to search for. If you search this way in your own share for the non-existent files they will disappear from your share.

Q) Can I change the port alliance uses in the settings.xml file?
A) Please don't do this, if you have friends already added to your list or people already have you on their list. If you do, then no one that has you will be able to connect to you since in their settings.xml file it has the old port you used. You can edit the settings.xml file if your new and no one has you on their list yet.

PS. this thread will be updated often.
DeathfireDNov 23, 2007 1:45 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 26, 2007 4:17 PM

Jul 2007
*hit* bad Deathfire....change the port cause not everyone is you :P...you can find out what port your Alliance is using by going into Options....its should be right there at the bottom of the general tab
[center]
Nov 17, 2007 2:00 PM

May 2007
I already chose to invite everyone in eppy's friend list, but noone accepts.
But i see that there are a lot of them online: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5917/naamlooscp8.jpg

Should i just wait? or can i connect in another way?

Nov 17, 2007 3:28 PM

Jun 2007
try adding friends of friends again later (if you can). If not just sit tight, alliance should connect you to everyone online after a few hours.
Nov 18, 2007 12:56 AM

May 2007
DeathfireD said:
try adding friends of friends again later (if you can). If not just sit tight, alliance should connect you to everyone online after a few hours.

i left it online for the night, and nothing has changed... :S
Ill try to add some more ppl soon

Nov 19, 2007 10:21 AM
Dec 2006
Most of us are usually AFK whenever we're connected, so that should explain why nobody added you right away. =P
Jan 20, 2008 1:42 AM
Jul 2007
Yeah so. The graphics site that I admin is trying to do this, but the automatic friends of friends connections doesn't work. Whats up with that?
Jan 20, 2008 11:06 AM

Jun 2007
DownShift said:
Yeah so. The graphics site that I admin is trying to do this, but the automatic friends of friends connections doesn't work. Whats up with that?

It does if you port forward and go into the settings and make sure the check box for auto add friends of friends is checked.

If your graphics group plans to share large files id recommend waiting since alliance tends to suck up all of your bandwidth due to a bug in the code. It also uses crazy amounts of memory if left on overnight constantly.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» club dead?

Smeagol - Aug 31, 2010

3 by ninetailstrails »»
Apr 15, 2012 3:32 PM

Sticky: » Network Codes

eppyomega - Oct 1, 2007

41 by ZinnKid »»
Jan 13, 2010 4:23 PM

» Post your Alliance Nickname here

DeathfireD - Jun 17, 2009

3 by dejitaru »»
Jul 13, 2009 11:06 PM

» How to use Alliance Groups

DeathfireD - Jun 9, 2009

0 by DeathfireD »»
Jun 9, 2009 7:09 PM

» Weekly online meetup

ninetailstrails - Nov 15, 2008

3 by belial »»
Nov 27, 2008 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.