Forum Settings
Forums
New
Death Note: Dystopic or Utopic
Dec 12, 2012 11:31 AM
Oct 2012
By the end of Death Note the world is deferentially changed. Is it a change for better or for worse though?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 30, 2012 11:07 PM

Sep 2012
Honestly even with the changes that happened in the society I dont think the world changed to anything Dystopic or Utopic, I mean Light had his vision for the world which was his grand vision of a perfect world but either way however you veiwed that goal it didnt matter cause he failed in attaining it.
Dec 31, 2012 8:19 AM
Oct 2012
Dobenwolf said:
Honestly even with the changes that happened in the society I dont think the world changed to anything Dystopic or Utopic, I mean Light had his vision for the world which was his grand vision of a perfect world but either way however you veiwed that goal it didnt matter cause he failed in attaining it.

I disagree. After the first season, the world has clearly changed. The show focuses on Light and there are only a few glimpses of how the world is effected but the world did change.
Yes Light did not complete his goal but he was close to it. He never became the ruler of his "perfect World" but he had built it.
Dec 31, 2012 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
You disagree with what? I said the world changed lol, All Im saying is that I think that world never got to any sort of Dystopic or Utopic level. But I guess that just depends on a persons personal opinion of what a Dystopia and Utopia actually are.
Jan 1, 2013 8:02 PM
Oct 2012
Sorry I guess I did not read your post closely enough.

I do think the world changed into a dystpia or utopia

The crime rate is greatly reduced - utopia
It took a lot of death to reach that state - dystopia
Jan 1, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2012
Like I said that just depends on your definition of those setting. Obviously my opinion of those are much more demanding than yours as I dont think a drop in crime constitutes a utopia or that a higher murder rate constitutes a dysopia at least in the context levels of this world. To me utopia and dystopia are very far extremes of a society. Also I just want to clarify that Im not saying your wrong or anything like that :) Im just giving you a feel for how I view those things.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Dsytopic Anime

J_to_S - Dec 12, 2012

3 by Dobenwolf »»
Dec 31, 2012 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.