Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2007 6:56 AM

Jan 2007
After much procrastination, I've finally decided to start watching some Gundam... I never really cared much for the mech designs in Gundam, but I'll give it a shot...

I'm hoping for a compelling story, I need something good... What can I expect?
ArixxFeb 12, 2007 7:34 AM
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2007 7:27 AM

Aug 2006
The story is usually pretty good. Nevertheless, I do admit I really do get involved into these war stories. You really never know which side to take once you hear all the opposition's stories. Although, I'm not an enthusiast into mech designs either, but I do like the action involved in Gundam series. However, the one thing I really love about Gundam series' are the kick ass soundtracks that they have :D! Character conflicts are usually pretty good as well.
Feb 12, 2007 8:05 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Gundam Seed is probably one of the best Gundams out there (don't kill me people, it is). While it's somewhat cliche and gives you plenty of "feel sorry for me" moments, it's still well done. Worth the watch I'd say.
Feb 12, 2007 8:32 AM

Jan 2007
I agree with Xinil Gundam Seed is the best anime ever every body should watch it and Gundam seed destiny isnt half bad either but the story is almost the same as Gundam seed they repeated it but still V.good anime.
Feb 12, 2007 11:27 AM

Jan 2007
While Gundam Seed is my favorite gundam which i gave a nine, for me its one of those series that i really was excited each week and couldn't wait to watch but thinking back, it wasnt that awesome that I made it out to be. The story is somewhat compelling but not superb. They use alot of the same animation sequences so you'll be seeing alot of similar fight scenes. But other than that and a couple of annoying crying scenes, it is a very solid title. And I do agree with zanmato, it does have a kick ass soundtrack
Feb 12, 2007 2:32 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
saif said:
I agree with Xinil Gundam Seed is the best anime ever every body should watch it and Gundam seed destiny isnt half bad either but the story is almost the same as Gundam seed they repeated it but still V.good anime.

Ehh, I definitely wouldn't go so far as say it's the "best anime ever". It's good, but far from that good.
Feb 12, 2007 2:43 PM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
saif said:

Ehh, I definitely wouldn't go so far as say it's the "best anime ever". It's good, but far from that good.

Yeah, I agree with Xinil, lets not get carried away now. Remember a character who supposedly passed away in Seed then magically reappears in Destiny. They've got to make better decisions about things like that.

OMG! You know what really takes me out of these Gundam series sometimes (hell any animes that do this), is that DAMN recap episode where they just talk about what went on in the story thus far. I'm like seriously tempted to stop watching the series after seeing one of those. Watch out for that Arixx!
zanmato666Feb 12, 2007 3:33 PM
Feb 12, 2007 3:06 PM

Aug 2006
eh....I liked Gundam Wing better O_o
Feb 12, 2007 3:32 PM

Aug 2006
running_lemon said:
eh....I liked Gundam Wing better O_o

Me too, if you couldn't tell by my avatar :P.
Feb 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Sep 2006
I'm not a mecha person. I like Sailor Moon and the likes, but Gundam Seed had enough enjoyment and story to it that I watched the whole thing through and was happy I did. The characters are very compelling and so is the plot. I would highly recommend watching it. The beginning might seem a bit slow, it does in my opinion at least, but it's a good watch. By the by, I liked Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team the best. XP
Feb 12, 2007 6:11 PM

Jan 2007
Well, three episodes in and I like it... the phase armor brings back the bright colors that always put me off of the series on Kira's Gundam. The mech design on the ZAFT units is pretty good... I still can't get over the campy-ness of the gundams, though. Ship design... I'm in love, beautiful... As are the space suits the ZAFT infiltrators used in episode 1/2.

I used to have a rule that was shattered to hell with Eureka Seven... Anything over 26 episodes is probably not worth watching as the story goes to hell with fillers and what not. But after Eureka, I'm willing to give this a shot.
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Feb 12, 2007 6:14 PM

Aug 2006
---off topic---

Let me just say... when you're tired... and you're just reading post titles... and not which threads they're in... well...

Let's just say... I saw this title... and thought Arixx was getting engaged. LMAO

---back on topic---

Never seen it... have no desire. Not a mecha fan
Feb 12, 2007 6:18 PM

Jan 2007
FurubaFan said:
---off topic---

Let me just say... when you're tired... and you're just reading post titles... and not which threads they're in... well...

Let's just say... I saw this title... and thought Arixx was getting engaged. LMAO

o.O you kidding? I don't have that kinda money =P

Feb 12, 2007 6:23 PM

Aug 2006
Arixx said:
FurubaFan said:
---off topic---

o.O you kidding? I don't have that kinda money =P

The engagement doesn't cost half as much as the divorce =P
Feb 12, 2007 6:27 PM

Jan 2007
FurubaFan said:

The engagement doesn't cost half as much as the divorce =P

LOL

Feb 13, 2007 2:22 PM

Mar 2005
you know something i think i'm gonna try it too...
Feb 13, 2007 6:37 PM

Jan 2007
good for you, i think you'll like it. I didn't get sick of it till the 4th time through :)
Feb 14, 2007 9:41 PM

Mar 2005
some initial thoughts 5 episodes in. Arite well it didn't turn out to be completely horrible like I expect from most mecha, but there's a couple things I noticed.

The sound is pitiful. The first ep there's this whole anticipation for the first explosions of the war on Heliopolis, but I was disgusted when I explosions I heard sounded almost the same as in Evangelion. Now, Evangelion was groundbreaking and amazing and all, but the fact is that it was using technology 7 years before Gundam SEED. I'm usually not one to complain about sound quality but when you have an action based show like this that stuff actually matters in terms of how immersed you get.

And the explosions themselves and the bullets looked lame. Pink explosions... I'm guessing this is a style choice so I'll let it pass.

Now, I know Gundam likes to pay homage to older franchises (Kira Yamato, Shinn Asuka, probably missed a couple more) but a lot of the mecha designs looked really dated, and even familiar. Especially the archangel.

Oh, and "zomg! Shinji Kira's the only one who can pilot this Evangelion Gundam!"

The music is great of course. I've always loved the music in Gundam. Despite the above shortcomings I think I'll finish this off. Most likely move on to some Gundam Wing afterwards.
Feb 15, 2007 12:39 AM

Aug 2006
lol, just wait untill they start re-useing combat scenes =P
Feb 15, 2007 1:09 AM

Jan 2007
yep. you wouldnt believe how many times they use the same scenes. just wait till you watch destiny cause itll be awfully familiar
Feb 15, 2007 1:29 AM

Mar 2005
heh, you know I was hoping for some rebuttal...someone telling me "No, you're wrong! It gets much better!" rather than confirmation of my worst beliefs. blah
Feb 15, 2007 1:38 AM

Aug 2006
lol, plots the best thing going for it...
Feb 16, 2007 8:37 PM

Dec 2006
xD I like Gundam SEED, for me it's one of those series I can watch like a fangirl, suddenly stop, then start up again...(In this state Ceray watches the episodes, the rest of the time she'll watch one of the special edition things every two to three months) However, Gundam SEED Destiny is, like someone else said, secretly the same thing over again.

._.; *is no help at all*
Feb 16, 2007 8:42 PM

Jan 2007
Ceray said:
xD I like Gundam SEED, for me it's one of those series I can watch like a fangirl, suddenly stop, then start up again...(In this state Ceray watches the episodes, the rest of the time she'll watch one of the special edition things every two to three months) However, Gundam SEED Destiny is, like someone else said, secretly the same thing over again.

._.; *is no help at all*

Gah, Ceray, your very quickly working your way into being one of my character's personalities... I love the first / third person thing you've got going =P

Feb 16, 2007 8:48 PM

Dec 2006
Who am I becoming? O_o;

Also, Gundam SEED has one of the few characters I have heatedly disliked.... RAWR.
Feb 16, 2007 8:51 PM

Jan 2007
Ceray said:
Who am I becoming? O_o;

Really don't know yet, I have a few ideas... Still need to flesh out that part of the story...

Feb 16, 2007 8:53 PM

Dec 2006
Ah. ^_^
Feb 17, 2007 1:50 AM
Sep 2006
Ceray said:
Also, Gundam SEED has one of the few characters I have heatedly disliked.... RAWR.

*CoughFllayCough*
Feb 17, 2007 12:41 PM

Aug 2006
Yeah, Flay was stupid, I always hated her too.
Mar 3, 2007 10:16 PM
Feb 2007
*lol* Gundam Seed is one of my favorites. I just love it and theres nothing I don't like about it. Seed Destiny is not as good but it has Auel Neider and Stellar. ^_^

Mar 4, 2007 3:45 PM

Dec 2006
Stellar....

Mar 17, 2007 11:21 AM

Feb 2007
Woo, rambling time.
Alright, so. Gundam SEED is probably one of the best mecha anime out there. And, yes they do reuse pretty much all the fight sequences, but the plot is something you'll want to keep watching it for.
The character reactions and relationships is another plus. I'm totally a rabid fangirl for Asucaga XD Anyways, this anime is really good, so just keep watching, it doesn't get much worse =p
SEED Destiny, however, oh my, haha. Shinn is just too angsty for that show, and I just wanna shoot whoever wrote the script, dude DX And these Special editions aren't really changing anything that's happened...
OH! right, so yeah. SEED is one you'll want to continue to watch ^_^'

Ichigo and Rukia are love. ♥
Mar 17, 2007 1:23 PM

Dec 2006
Shinn makes me laugh, especially when he cries. ... ^^;;

Oct 18, 2007 10:26 PM

May 2007
Xinil said:
Gundam Seed is probably one of the best Gundams out there (don't kill me people, it is). While it's somewhat cliche and gives you plenty of "feel sorry for me" moments, it's still well done. Worth the watch I'd say.

most of the gundam watching ppl i know are seed-haters, but i watched the first summary movie and it isnt as bad (i gave it an 8).

It does repeat the storyline of other Gundam's, but it is a nice mix...
Still, i like the "Universal Century" Timeline more ^^

Jun 10, 2008 4:44 PM

Aug 2007
If you want to start watching Gundam, go for it, but don't start with Seed. Seed was one of the first anime I watched from beginning to end, and even though I was a newbie watcher back then, I still wasn't deceived into thinking the storyline had any value. It was simply too unrealistic, the characters seemed to interact quite poorly because they always yielded in order for the storyline to proceed, and they were also quite disproportional (huge head, small body). Sorry if I've just insulted your favorite Gundam series, but it's my opinion.
Jun 20, 2008 5:38 PM
Nov 2007
The anime that got me into anime. By far one of my favourite storylines of all time. Absolutely incredible in every sense of the word. One of the few animes that got me coming back for a rewatch - TWICE! Made me cry 10 times at least. Wonderful fights, wonderful plot, wonderful characters, wonderful music, wonderful everything.

Absolutely brilliant in every sense of the word.
Oct 23, 2008 1:12 PM

May 2008
C.E./U.C. or not, Mobile Suit Gundam is a pretty stale series, in my humble opinion of course. Seed is a good place to start as it caters to a much broader audience.

Though if you're looking for nice action you best not touch this one (or most other Gundam really) it is chock full of mediocrely animated cut & paste jobs, and uninspiring duels that consist of the same 3 actions (projectile spam, shield block, ocasional lightsaber clash) with typical character commentary between them.
alarmedOct 23, 2008 10:23 PM
Nov 20, 2008 11:56 AM

May 2007
Xinil said:

I'm not gonna kill you.. but i will rant a little..

It copies EVERYTHING (except the emo moments), of Zeta and 0079 (the original series..)

Dec 30, 2008 12:36 PM
Nov 2007
SEED was ''good''
Destiny failed like G Gundam

I'm liking 00, Wing and the UC gundam series more.
Jan 1, 2009 5:14 PM

Jan 2008
I'm currently watching Gundam Seed you can it's the first Gundam series I really saw *I saw couple of random eps from Gundam Wings before starting Seed* and currently I'm downloading Gundam 00 ! and gotta tell you it's really good XDD it changed my way of thinking of mecha anime haha ~
Apr 3, 2009 7:49 PM

Jan 2009
really, I dont liked gundam seed and in my opinion are the worst gundam. (more worst than seed destiny).
bereta002Oct 16, 2010 9:17 AM
Apr 6, 2009 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Why is there only Action listed as genre for Gundam Seed ??? Where is Military, Romance ...
Apr 7, 2009 9:22 AM

Mar 2009
I really liked Gundam SEED. Better than 00 in my opinion. Story may be unrealistic and cliche but I don't search realism from anime. I see it enough when I walk in the school or go shopping in the city. Characters were well done and I am kinda worried how much I liked Lacus. So cute and kind. Love it. Some may say that Lacus and Kira are too perfect characters but maybe I don't mind it because you don't see too much perfection in real live. Animation is really well drawed and done and luckily they don't use some plastic CGI animation like macross frontier. Overall even with its flaws i recommed this anime if you can stand unrealistic story and charracters.
Apr 10, 2009 7:24 AM
May 2008
-high five!-
Yup. That's what I think too. Animes are supposed to be unrealistic! Why else would animes exist? :D KYAA!
Gundam Seed may have repeated scenes, not-very-high-quality art (compared to now), some -ahem- / annoying scenes and is unrealistic, but it has a really really nice story (Even though it may be sort of copied. But we're all glad to have such a kick ass show, right? So why complain? :D). It has four awesome main characters and beautiful insert songs which will touch your heart! I recommend you to watch the show. Maybe you'll be a bit bored at the beginning (I was) but continue, and you wont regret to watch the show.
Originally I was wondering why Gundam Seed is so popular and I don't understand why that show is so nice, but after trying it out, I'm really glad I watched it. (Perhaps not GSD xD) But still. One of the best shows ever. :D And PS: I am still crazy about it even after one year.
May 6, 2009 10:01 PM
Nov 2008
I'm watching seed now and really enjoying it so far. I really liked the first season of 00 but the second season was really bad. I heard seed destiny was supposed to be also pretty bad but I hope it surprises me as i'm gonna watch it with low expectations. Also watching 08th MS team (which is awesome) and the 0079 movies :)
May 8, 2009 5:08 AM
May 2009
elsie336 said:
-high five!-
Yup. That's what I think too. Animes are supposed to be unrealistic! Why else would animes exist? :D KYAA!

Because Gundam, the original, is regarded as the creator of the "Real Robot" genre?
May 8, 2009 5:16 AM

Jul 2008
SGD_Eirikr said:
elsie336 said:
-high five!-

Because Gundam, the original, is regarded as the creator of the "Real Robot" genre?

It's real robot because they operate on a mechanical basis, as opposed to being made out of flesh with breast missiles powered by shouting.

Not that it has to do with anything in this discussion.

Personally, I think Seed was a load of trash. There weren't a lot of good points, the story was pretty trashy, the characters were trashy, the mech designs were trashy, too much crying, whining, flash backs, repeated footage, etc.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
May 8, 2009 5:43 AM

Apr 2008
Seed is the best Gundam series I have seen... It owns Gundam Wing and Gundam 00..
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jun 22, 2009 5:51 AM

Aug 2008
Remus_Lupa said:
Seed is the best Gundam series I have seen... It owns Gundam Wing and Gundam 00..

Qft
Jun 22, 2009 10:09 AM

Jan 2008
Remus_Lupa said:

Well, is that because you just have seen the ones you just named lol?

Point: Watch Turn-A or Zeta. Please.
Making the world go 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 since 1990.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 42 Discussion

Zerachroma - Aug 27, 2008

21 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 41 Discussion

Flaecy - May 16, 2010

14 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 40 Discussion

Zerachroma - Aug 27, 2008

26 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 29 Discussion

Flaecy - May 16, 2010

37 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 21, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Episode 24 Discussion

Flaecy - May 15, 2010

18 by MalyRBT »»
Apr 20, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.