Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2012 1:15 AM

Aug 2008
Normally, I don't ask for people's locations. It's not my thing. Heck, you may assume me as a stalker for making this thread. OMG!

However, for the sake of mahjong, it is good to note, where we are from. As you know, mahjong itself is a game heavily played across Asia. And as I look to the EMA (European Mahjong Association), it's a heavily played game in Europe as well. To see tournaments played involving 30-50+ people... that must be a sight to see.

Sadly, the US lacks this kind of organization; and thus, mahjong is left as some kind of "underground game", where only few of us know it. The lone exception is iAmerican Mahjong, although, I refuse to touch that varation with a 10-foot pole.

Well, here I am near Chicago. As you can tell in this group, I'm quite enthusiastic about Riichi. So, if you happen to be in the states, lemme know. Hopefully, you can be encouraged to:

(a) Teach people the game
(b) Form mahjong groups
(c) Do a mahjong panel @ anime conventions
(d) All of the above

Or whatever else you can think of. The bottom line: I am looking to spread Riichi mahjong across the states and help with the growth of the player base here.

If you're willing to make this kind of effort, you have my many many thanks.

:3
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 29, 2012 1:18 AM

Aug 2008
If riichi ever grows... then we can do cool stuff like these:

http://www.uspml.com/forum/topicview/misc/playgroups_and_meetups/national-tournament.htm
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Dec 9, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
Hello, I am an Estonian Riichi Mahjong player (not really strong, but out of my 282 games in tenhou about 5 of them have me doing a yakuman if I remember correctly. In live I have done about 6 yakumans for 20+ gaming sessions) I also play other asian games as well... thats about it ......
Jul 23, 2016 1:47 PM

Oct 2015
hello everyone !! iam an Argentinian player since four years i play very often in tenhou but not too much
Also play in a club here thats moving making events and these stuff trying expand the game in the country because here it is not well known but we try the best to teach it n.n
Aug 11, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
Sideralcat said:
hello everyone !! iam an Argentinian player since four years i play very often in tenhou but not too much
Also play in a club here thats moving making events and these stuff trying expand the game in the country because here it is not well known but we try the best to teach it n.n

Have you met the players in Buenos Aires?

Aug 11, 2017 2:10 PM

Oct 2015
KyuuAL said:
Sideralcat said:

Have you met the players in Buenos Aires?

Of course ! , in fact , im from Buenos Aires , so i've played and play with the players from Bs As ^^
Oct 24, 2017 2:29 AM
May 2014
Howdy. I'm a Finnish mahjong, semi-beginner. First touch with riichi was when i read Saki. Have played IRL at finnish cons (Tracon and Desucon). The strongest hand i've ever had is sanshoku doukou
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Live Action Saki cast reveal

supersaki - Oct 27, 2016

0 by supersaki »»
Oct 27, 2016 4:13 PM

Sticky: » Your Yakuman Thread

KyuuAL - May 29, 2012

39 by Sideralcat »»
Jul 22, 2016 9:03 PM

» Post Your Games (and Comment) ver 2 ( 1 2 3 4 )

KyuuAL - Aug 9, 2013

185 by LordKail »»
Apr 20, 2015 6:35 AM

» Japanese Mahjong and Anime Conventions

KyuuAL - Apr 28, 2012

7 by kallikorm »»
Dec 9, 2014 3:32 PM

Sticky: » Mahjong Links

HockeyKamen - Aug 19, 2008

22 by zeroArc »»
Jun 15, 2014 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.