Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2012 4:16 PM
Nov 2011
Story: Every year a portal opens to a strange land. In this place there is a winding road. At the end of the road lies a magical item born out of glory and adventure, love and hate. When it is full, a bridge between dimensions occurs. Only the most steadfast dare tread a step. A portal has opened, who will claim the prize?

The level of creativity is your choosing. You can be descriptive or simply do the bare minimum.

Rules: The strange land rewards those who follow the rules and claim victory in battle.
1. One character per person. You will have to ask me if you wish to change it.
2. Once you write it down it can't be changed and I will remove offensive names.
3. This is a once a day post role play. So you will only post once per day in here. You can communicate with people and role play. Your actions are limited but banter between characters is fine. If you want to have a background then simply tell someone in the role play what it is or have them uncover it through your creativity.
4. Like always no offensive/mean spirited comments.
5. I will post the number for the day and that is how actions will be carried out. The number is picked at random and will be between 1-10.
6. Your character is affected by luck=number of the day.
7. All characters will be human. They will not have supernatural weapons or abilities unless it's stated in their character class.
8. There will be a winner. There is an actual attainable end and you will reset the game for everyone to try again.
9. Once a fight is started you cannot join in. It is only one on one.
10. Because this is once per day, failure to post three days in a row is disqualification.
11. Failure to post in one day is an automatic loss if you are in battle and no movement awarded.
12. If you are in a battle, the movement counter is stopped and you will not move until it is finished.
13. The victor of a battle will be rewarded with his movement counted for the days of the battle.
14. Four hits and you are defeated, long distance attacks count as half a hit.
15. Attack options are used once a day in battle.
16. If your number doesn't come up you have missed an attack.
16. Five defeats in battle will result in death.
17. Do not make a mistake in following the rules. There is a penalty for not being aware of them. You will only get one warning.
18. The person who posts a battle challenge first, attacks first.
19. Battle me items do not use up your turn.
20. You cannot attack when someone else is already attacking.
21. Character classes are subject to change for balancing issues.
22. A knocked down character can't start a battle for 1 day.
23. You are allowed to stay behind and not move of your own choice.
24. You are allowed to get rid of items that regenerate i.e. get rid of x amount of battle me to make room for a potion.
25. You can only carry six items at a time.
26. Only your character class changes these rules.
27. All items can be used outside of battle. Using potions would be a bad idea.
28. In every battle characters can use 1 potion once, without having to use it as an attack option.
29. You cannot use the same move 3 times in a row.
30. Plus 2 movement plus orginal for winning a battle.
31. Natural order of abilities when both players get their attack option correct. (Special Ability> Blocks/Dodge/Parry > Attack 1, Attack 2, and Long Range Attack)
32. You must read the posts before anything else, in case you are challenging the same person or being challenged because once a person is entered into a fight by an item or challenge, then no one else can interfere.
33. Cannot be challenged the same day you win a battle.

character classes:

1. Potion Maker: It may be average fighting techniqes but you have potions!
Movement: 3 pnts
Attack Options:
Attack 1: (1-4)
Attack 2: (6-7)
Long Range Attack: (4-7)
Parry: A successful parry will make your opponent unable to use attack options for one turn. (7-9)
Block: (1-4)
Dodge: (8-9)
Potion Use
Special:
Ability: Have them lying around: Can use 2 potions without having to use it as an attack option instead of 1.
Class Specefic: Regenerates 2 potions

2. Lightfoot: While not the best fighter your character's confidence rests in how slow everyone else is. Unfortunately, carrying potions was slowing you down.
Movement: 5 pnts
Attack Options:
Attack 1: (1-3)
Attack Long Distance: (4-7)
Attack 2: (6-7)
Parry: A successful parry makes the opponent unable to use attack options for one turn. (7-9)
Block: (1-3)
Dodge: (8)
Use Potion
Special:
Ability: Killing Speed: Your character's quick movement allows him to unleash a blazing fast attack that is unblockable and interrupts all attacks. It requires the number of the day to be 1 after you have decided to use it. Your character wins the battle.
Marathon.
Class Specefic:
Cannot Use Potions
Marathon: will die after 8 defeats instead of 5.
Winning a battle gives +5 movement on top of original movement.

3. Defender: Well your character can't move as much but, that's because carrying a shield is heavy lifting.
Movement: 2 pnts
Attack Options:
Attack 1: (2-4)
Attack 2: (4-6)
Attack long distance: (6-10) A crossbow can be very accurate.
Parry: A successful parry makes the opponent unable to use any attack options for the next turn. (3-6)
Block: Carrying around a shield has advantages. (1-6)
Dodge: Your character's large shield makes it harder to guess your movements. (6-10)
Potion Use
Special:
Ability: Knockdown: After 6 successful blocks in battle, the character is able to hit the other with his shield allowing him to leave the battle and have half the days spent battling counted as movement.
The Wall: After 4 successful dodges in battle, the character is able to use 1 block without needing a number. It blocks everything except Killing Speed.

4. Hoarder: Why did you bring a backpack to a fight?
Movement: 3 pnts
Attack Options:
Attack 2: (1-4)
Long Range Attack: (1-4)
Parry: (1-3)
Dodge: (1-2)
Potion Use:
Special:
Ability: Strange: If you have consumed a strange item before YOU started a battle then all your chances are +1 for four turns (2 attacks and two defends). example: (1-3) is (1-4)
Class Specefic:
Can store 12 items
Regenerates 1 strange item every 3 days.
Strange Item: adds plus 1 to all chances of attack options.

5. Attacker: That weapon is taller than you. o.o
Movement: 2 pnts
Attack Options:
Attack 2: (5-8)
Long Range Attack: (6-10) Your knife throws are impressive.
Parry: A successful parry makes the opponent unable to use any attack options the next turn. (6-8)
Dodge: (2-5)
Special:
First attack: Successfully being the first to hit, counts as two hits. Does not count knife throws.
Critical: (9-10) Using critical as a successful attack will count as 3 hits. Can only be blocked by the Denfender ability, The Wall. Can be interrupted by Killing Speed. Cannot be dodged or parried.
Class Specefic: Battle Me Regenerates everyday.

How to Play: Everyone is trying to reach the finish. You can use two strategies. Stay behind and fight an opponent or continue racing to the finish.

Movement: Each class has a movement number. The higher the number the more you get closer to the finish. Reaching 300 is the finish. So you add whatever your class movement is to zero the first day and so on. The first person to reach 300 wins.
Someone 10 or higher, ahead of you in the finish counter, cannot be battled without an item.

Battles: You can battle anyone lower than you in the finish counter.

Rival Partners: Because people may use items at different times forming a partnership with someone else will allow you to share items. You can have only one rival partner and there can only be one winner...

Inventory Items and explanation:
Battle me (3): Allows you to force anyone into a battle no matter how far ahead they are.
Potion (1): Heals 2 hits.
That's it. Also you can only carry 6 items at a time.

Items that regenerate after 1 days: Potion (1)

Items that regenerate in 2 days: Battle Me (1)

How to Win the Game: Your character class moves a certain number each day. You will add that amount to 0 until you reach 300.

Partners:
You can trade items when both partners are not battling. Distance does not change it. Making partners only takes the consent of both parties.
Betting:
You can bet 3 ways when your partner is in a fight.
Betting that they win will allow you to gain the the same movement bonus of +2 or +5 if it is Lightfoot Class(your partner's class) when they win.
Not Betting has no negative effect.
Betting Your Partner Will lose will gain you +5 movement if your partner loses and +2 if your partner wins. Your partnership will be over and cannot be remade.

If your class is attacker you have a large weapon and must RP with it. The same is with every class that has specefic items mentioned.

Example Posts:

Day 1:

Person 1:
Movement: 0 (required)
Name: Sariana
Class: Light Foot (required)

Short bio: (optional) As a kid growing up in the harsh colds of the village with only a blade and bow, it was easy for Sariana to become ruthless. With time the young teen became a warrior, hunting down human law breakers for coin. On a long trek back to her village a portal appeared, she felt it calling to her...tempting her with good and evil that may await, if only she snatched it. Against her misgivings, she walked through.

(optional) Hmm where am I? Is anyone there? This is weird. A road? *Walks around and ends up back on the road somehow.* Strange... I better keep going.
Items: 3 battle me's (normally it would be 1 potion to start off with as well but Lightfoot class does not carry potions)

or you can do it without any description
Person 2:
Movement: 0
Name: Random
Class: Attacker
Challenge Sariana
Item: 1 potion 3 battle me's

RP creator: Day 2: Number of the Day: 5

Person 1:
Movement: 5 (Yesterday's movement is counted, because she is in a battle for today's movement)
Battle: 1 (required number of days in battle so you can multiply it by your characters movement as a reward for winning, resets for next battle)
Hits: 0 (required you are in charge of keeping track of your hits and reading the other's to see if they reach 4.)

Sariana sees the quick attack incoming. (while the person has not posted, it is his turn to attack.) She focuses her years of training darting to the side and (yes you can say your character does a whole of things and even talk while this is going on if you want or chat in a separate line. You can also use the first person description.) watching with her eyes for any incoming weapon. Her sword is drawn and she attempts a lightning fast parry. "Like you can stop me!"
Attack Option: Parry
Items: (3) battle me's (Lightfoots don’t have or use potions)

Person 2:
Movement: 2
Battle Days: 1
Hits:0
Attack Option:
Attack 1 (required, coincides with Sariana's post. Random is required to attack first.)
Items: (3) battle me's

RP Creator: Day 3 number of the day 2

Person 1:
Movement:5
Battle Days: 2
Hits: 2 (you are in charge of counting your hits taken, 4 or more and you lose. Attacker has First Attack ability so he scored two hits.)
Class: Lightfoot
Items: (4) battle me

Sarina's blade fails and his slice falls to her side cutting her deeply, she reels from the attack and uses her potion. She adjusts her stance and focuses her energy ready to deliver a killing blow.
Attack Option:
Ability: Killing Attack

Person 2: (now random can use Parry, Dodge, and Guard or an ability. No attacks)
Movement: 2
Battle: 2
Hits: 0
Action: Parry
Items: (3) potion, (3) battle Me (can get rid of items to make room for potions, 6 items is most Attacker can carry)

RP Creator:
Day 4: Number of the day: 1

Person 2:
Movement: 2 (lost, so no movement awarded)
Defeats: 1 (will have to use this from now on if defeated)
Items: (3) potion, (3) battle me
Person 1:
Movement: 15 (+10 for 2 days of battle and winning on the third day. and +5 for lightfoot class, would be +2 otherwise. Also is now more than 10 movement away from Random. Random will have to use a battle me to fight again.)
Class: Lightfoot
Items: (4) battle me

Sariana has an aura around her as she runs at a blinding speed and flies into the air (as long as the end result correct you can write anything), leaping onto a tree (this is to show that you can post whatever you want, even silly or funny things are acceptable) and drives down at blinding speed on her opponent’s weak point winning the battle. “I knew you were no match for me.”

“I have to keep weary, this place is treacherous.”

Sariana has won and no one can challenge her today.
NatashaeyesJun 29, 2012 8:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 28, 2012 4:15 PM
Nov 2011
Template: You won’t always have to use all of these but to make things easier I’m adding this. Also the number of the day will always be around the same time at night for where I live so try to get it in before then.

Movement:
Name:
Class:
Battle:
Hits:
Action:
Items:
Defeats:

Chat and description can go here: and Action: is the same as attack option.
NatashaeyesJun 28, 2012 4:31 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» NEWSLETTER

Natashaeyes - Jul 4, 2012

1 by AznSnow17 »»
Jul 11, 2012 11:32 AM

» Corrupt a Wish

ender95 - Jun 26, 2012

5 by Sozu »»
Jul 4, 2012 6:02 PM

» The Strange Inn (Light RP) For those who hate posting only once :D

Natashaeyes - Jun 29, 2012

0 by Natashaeyes »»
Jun 29, 2012 11:29 AM

» Let it fall version 2.0

Natashaeyes - Jun 26, 2012

4 by Natashaeyes »»
Jun 27, 2012 1:39 PM

» You have just been banned!

ender95 - Jun 26, 2012

2 by Natashaeyes »»
Jun 27, 2012 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.