Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2012 6:18 AM

Nov 2011

In the middle of the shopping district stood an unknown store that was not on the original blueprint of the construction of Ryouta. The reason for its existence is uncertain, but if you are in need for a good old fortune telling, step on in. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

But be careful on what you wishes for.
鏡花水月
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 21, 2012 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
Swirls of smoke were observed as the two of them stepped into the unknown shop. Rosemary incense is burnt by the owner who seems to be fond of it. Whistle of the kettle sounded from the back of the shop in which the surprised Sé frowned for a mere second before dashing to turn off the fire that was burning at the back of the shop. Leaving the young lady, unsure what to do next.

In a dark corner, unknown to her, someone is keeping her movements under close eyes.
鏡花水月
Mar 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2009
Frei blinked her eyes a couple of times as she entered the room. The smoke was making her vision a little foggy and a little blurry. She could hear the sound of a whistling kettle before she noticed that the guy who had led her here was already gone. She was feeling a little uneasy although she couldn't really tell why. She walked slowly into the room, looking for anything that could interest her.
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there.
Mar 22, 2012 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
"Well hello there, I certainly wasn't expecting anyone at this time of the day,"

A pretty face with curvy silhouette appeared from one of the screens and greeted Frei. She is wearing a long dress that hugs her figure, the redness in it complements her slightly tan skin.
鏡花水月
Mar 22, 2012 5:15 AM

Jan 2009
Frei did a quick top-down check up at the woman who greeted her out of habit. In contrast to the woman's dress, she was wearing an all black attire as if she were going to attend someone's funeral.

"Hi", she greeted back, trying not to be rude. "Mr. Sé led me here after asking if I was interested in divination."
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there.
Mar 22, 2012 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
"Ah, I was wondering who I'm hearing. But what's the rush? He knows I hate it when he runs around in store,"

Pushing her hair out of the way, she invited Frei to take a seat. "I see, so are you .." before finishing her question, footsteps interrupted her and she looked up just in time to meet a pair of angry eyes.

"Anil-san, how many times have I told you not to use the kettle on board? What if the store catches fire?"

"Ahh, and how many times have I told you to address me as Anila instead? You do know that I'd dropped that name already," she replied with mock disgust.

Turning her attention back to Frei, she asked, "So may I have your name please?". Anila is determined to ignore Sé.
Ning_YueMar 22, 2012 5:44 AM
鏡花水月
Mar 22, 2012 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
Frei looked around as the two bickered for a moment. From that, she learned that the woman in red was named Anila who hates being called Anil, which apparently was a name she used in the past. Although, these details weren't really important, there were times that Frei liked to keep note of a few things about the people she met. When she was asked of her name, she answered with the shortened version of it.

"Frei."
Mar 22, 2012 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
"Frei?" Anila asked with heighten interest, she could sense that her customer is hiding something from her. "I see, so how can I help you today?"

Sé on the other hand, was regretting his actions and had decided to just hide in some random corners. But she is not letting him off the hook so easily, "Sé go get some coffee for our guest,"
鏡花水月
Mar 22, 2012 6:05 AM

Jan 2009
"Well, Miss Anila", she started, trying to be polite as much as she could. "You do fortune-telling, right?"

Frei decided that she would get as much information on it as she could. She had to admit, it was more out of interest on the subject than its value as possible material for a story.
Mar 22, 2012 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
"I guess in human terms, you are right to say so," she replied, "Oh and you don't have to be so formal with me, let's just talk like we're friends. Wouldn't that be easier for you to collect information this way?" smiling innocently, she looked into Frei's eyes.
鏡花水月
Mar 22, 2012 6:43 AM

Jan 2009
Frei nodded. She took note that there was something odd with what she said.

"I never said anything about gathering information, did I?"
Mar 22, 2012 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Anila merely smiled at her comment, "Oh come on, don't sweat the small details now, will you?"

Shrugging her shoulders, she doesn't think that it's something important.
鏡花水月
Mar 22, 2012 7:05 AM

Jan 2009
"Okay, so let's put that aside for now", Frei said, relaxing her own shoulders. "So what can you tell me? Anything interesting?"
Mar 22, 2012 7:11 AM

Nov 2011
"Well I can tell you whatever your heart desires," Anila grinned, giving off an luring aura. "The limits are in your mind, Frei," she continued, pointing to her head. "That's the wonder of fortune telling,"
鏡花水月
Mar 22, 2012 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
"My heart's desire", she repeated in a soft voice.

Frei frowned at the thought. There wasn't anything that she really wanted to know right now. But she did have a question in mind. Curios as to how Anila would answer, she asked away.

"Then, tell me my heart's hidden desire?"
Mar 22, 2012 9:49 PM

Nov 2011
Anila laughs a little, her voice echoed within the small store lifting the atmospher.

"Well, I can't pinpoint the exact desire you're having, but something is telling me strongly that it is related to creation of something. A masterpiece perhaps?"
鏡花水月
Mar 24, 2012 4:40 PM

Jan 2009
"Masterpiece, eh?"

As far as Frei knew, she wasn't intent on making a masterpiece. Giving what the fortune-teller had told her a thought, maybe she hadn't realized that she was subconsciously trying to make a masterpiece.

"Maybe", she laughed a little.
Mar 25, 2012 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
"Well it's all in the mind, but I guess my words have planted a seed in you." Smiling she looked to her back and wondered what took her assistance so long with a pot of coffee.

"Anyway," She looked back and smiled, "perhaps you might not realized it, but one day you might write about your journey here on Ryouta,"
鏡花水月
Mar 25, 2012 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
"Perhaps", she replied thinking that it was possible that she would write about Ryouta.

Frei realized that there was a possibility that this fortune telling was a fraud. She decided to keep her thought to herself. She wouldn't want to offend anyone.
Mar 25, 2012 2:15 AM

Nov 2011
Sé returned with the coffee that Anila had wanted, he is not a willing party of course. On the surface he is the assistance of her but in actual fact he is merely a low-life servant of her.

He dumped the cups on the table and muttered something inaudible before leaving the store.

"My apology for letting you witness something this rude," Anila said in her lovely voice after he left the store, then in a whisper she said, "It must be that time of the month,"

"Oh wait, he is not a girl," her eyes widen after she realized that.

"Would you like to do a reading? It shall be way of making it up to you," she offered, reaching for the cups, pouring two cups of the black coffee.

"Sugar or milk?" she asked as she pushed one the cups to Frei.
鏡花水月
Mar 25, 2012 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
Frei laughed a little at Anila's joke, just to be polite. She has heard that joke so many times now that it wasn't funny anymore. The lady in red offered to tell her fortune as she passed a cup of coffee.

"Milk for me, please. And I would love to take on that offer for a reading", Frei answered.
Mar 25, 2012 5:14 PM

Nov 2011
"Here's the milk for you," She offered. With a mysterious smile on her face, she went to the back of the store to retrieve her prized tarot cards.

Placing them on the table she asked, "So what questions do you have in mind?"
鏡花水月
Mar 26, 2012 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
Frei mixed the milk in her coffee and took sip. She though for a moment for a question she could ask.

"Well, where do you suggest I go next after here?"
Mar 27, 2012 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
"So that shall be your question?" Smiling, she had an understanding look in her eyes. "Let's do a horseshoe reading, alright?" Shuffling the cards, she asked the young lady to hold her question she had in mind as she carefully lay the cards down.

"This is the first card, it represents past events that are affecting the question or situation you are asking about," she explains as she opened the first card, revealing it to be the nine of wands.

"The figure on the Nine of Wands has definitely been through tough times. His head and arm are bandaged, and he's leaning on a "crutch." This fighter has seen some battles, but he's still standing. He might be hurt, but he is not giving up the battle. Typically when we have had a bad experience, we feel weary and battle-scarred. Even if we aren't hurt physically, our psyches are wounded. Our openness, innocence and trust are gone, replaced by wary defensiveness." She explains as she leaned over for her cup of coffee.

Taking a slip of it, she continued, "In readings, the Nine of Wands can be a warning that you must proceed carefully. Keep a watchful eye because there is the possibility that you might be hurt. If you have already been burned, you know what this man is feeling. Life's lessons can be hard sometimes, especially when hopes have been dashed. It is natural to feel defensive at such times, but try to avoid becoming bitter. Your experience has wounded you, but it has strengthened you as well."

"Alright so far?" She took a breath as she completes the reading of the first card.
鏡花水月
Mar 28, 2012 3:23 AM

Jan 2009
Frei was genuinely interested with what Anila had to say, especially if she was using tarots. She took a few sips from her coffee as she attentively listened. When she was asked of it was alright so far, she nodded.

"Please continue", she replied as she set down her cup.
Mar 29, 2012 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Anila nodded and she tapped on the next card, "This card represents the immediate present which is now,"

Flipping the card opened, it reveals the Eighth of Swords. "This card's keywords are bound, lost, alone, confused and uncertainty. If this card appears in this position, it is often a sign that you are heading or perhaps already in a situation in which you will feel a lack of freedom and choice. These types of situations are tricky because the more you get into them, the more restricted you feel. At each step, your options will appear to narrow until you feel completely struck."

"When you see this card, you have to remember that you do have choices, and you do have power. No matter how trapped you might feel, you can always find a way out if you believe it is possible. Solutions are not always easy, but they exist. Find your clarity of thought and purpose and use them to that first step toward home."

Smiling, she had to pause to catch a breath a little. She is feeling some strong feelings from this reading, it had been ages since she last felt that.Twirling her hair within her fingers, she wondered why.
鏡花水月
Mar 30, 2012 1:01 AM

Jan 2009
Frei took note of the words she spoke. Maybe indeed she was trapped, they were on a ship, in the middle of the sea. She wasn't crazy enough to just jump off and swim back to shore.

Seeing as the fortune teller was a little out of breath, Frei said with a smile, "I'm not in a real hurry."
Apr 1, 2012 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
Anila giggled a little at her customer's attention on her, weaving her hands at her, she dismissed it by explaining that she had been a sick child since birth and giving a reading always makes her breathless. But it shouldn't be of concern...most of the time.

Tapping the next card, she continued to explain that the next card will show her the immediate future, which means near events that will affect the current situation. There was a sparkle in her eyes as she opened the card, revealing the Page of Cups.

With a huge smile on her face, she asked Frei if she is currently seeing anyone.
鏡花水月
Apr 1, 2012 9:07 AM

Jan 2009
Frei listened as Anila explained her sickness. Every once in a while, she would pick up her cup of coffee and take a sip from it. After reasoning out that she shouldn't need to worry about anything, the woman across her continued her reading of her fortune.

While Anila was telling her how the next card would signify her immediate future, Frei was drinking her coffee. When asked if she was currently dating anyone, she almost choked on her drink.

"No", she answered while coughing and setting down her cup. "None."
Apr 7, 2012 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
Anila merely give a knowing smile at Frei who almost chocked on the coffee that she was drinking. Youngsters, oh I'm so jealous, she thought. Picking up the card, she traced it along the edges as she offered the key words that are associated with the card, love, chance, romance and intimacy.

"This card usually represents a young person, most probably a Pisces who is gentle loving and caring. It is bringing you opportunities for love. Giving you real chances to experience romance, deep feelings and the inner life," she pointed at the center of the card and continued.

"These are the wonders of the Cups suit. So normally in readings, this card suggests that an opening may appear that will stirs your emotions, pulls at your heartstrings or maybe brings you great joy that you had yet to experience,"

With conviction, she continued on and explain that the card can also stand for a child or young-at-heart adult whose interactions with Frei involve emotional needs, moodiness, love, intimacy or spirituality. Sometimes the Page of Cups implies that the entire situation is suffused with the spirit of love and emotion. Anila advances that at such times, she should feel free to express and enjoy her feelings with light-hearted abandonment.
鏡花水月
Apr 7, 2012 7:07 AM

Jan 2009
Pisces, huh?

Frei was never interested in horoscope, even when she was still a teenager. She was heavily influenced by her parent's love of the supernatural and for books which led her to choose her current occupation. She met a lot of people, hung out with them once or twice, but she rarely thought of any romance going between her and her male friends. Nonetheless, she continued to listen. After all, it wasn't everyday that she could get her fortune told.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Event] Opening Ceremony of Ryouta ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ning_Yue - Apr 1, 2012

157 by Catleia »»
Apr 30, 2012 8:22 AM

» [Event] Outside the Ballroom and Beyond

Ning_Yue - Apr 21, 2012

32 by LondotheGreat »»
Apr 22, 2012 8:28 AM

Sticky: » Prologue

Ning_Yue - Mar 17, 2012

1 by Ning_Yue »»
Apr 9, 2012 8:47 AM

Sticky: » Antagonists Profile

Ning_Yue - Mar 17, 2012

6 by Ning_Yue »»
Apr 9, 2012 2:51 AM

» [Recreational] Ace Rock-Climbing Gym

Ning_Yue - Mar 24, 2012

28 by Ning_Yue »»
Apr 8, 2012 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.