Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
If you have general questions about card making you can ask them here, we will try our best to answer them^^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 28, 2011 5:17 AM

May 2010
I have one please.....

I often see cards with special frames & borders (like chains attached...)....what program should I use ?
Apr 29, 2011 12:07 PM

Mar 2009
Any ... you can use brushes.
You can draw the chain pixel after pixel ... like I did x)"
I though Photoshop has a chain brush ...

Another way:
You can render the chain and put it on the border.
Apr 30, 2011 12:17 PM

May 2010
Nekro-Nin said:
Any ... you can use brushes.
You can draw the chain pixel after pixel ... like I did x)"
I though Photoshop has a chain brush ...

Another way:
You can render the chain and put it on the border.

Ok tks
Apr 30, 2011 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
I've been lurking here for a while and I'd just like to say that this club has given back my motivation to make member cards. :3 Anyways, on with the questions!

I've recently just got GIMP and Photoshop CS3, so I'm still just a noob at editing with those two programs. I've been editing with a much simpler program for the past year so I hope you guys can explain things so even a third grader would understand it. xD

1. How do you add an effect to a picture and make it look the same in all of the cards, but change the color for each card? Like the leaves in these cards:

2. How do you add scanlines to a card?
Example:

3. How do you add a glareish looking thing to a card?
Like the white line on top of this card:

4. How do you make a dashed border like this with/without the semiborder like this:

5. How do you change the shape of a card's border in general?
Exanmples:

6. I'm not sure what this is, but how do you add the rounded opaque thingy to a card?
Example:

And the rest are about fonts, if you don't know them it's okay, it's kind of hard to reconize fonts.... at least for me. >.>

What's the font at the top of this card?

What's the font for the username and club name?

lol, that was a lot questions.... it took me about an hour to find the examples. x3
SharoraraApr 30, 2011 12:26 PM
Apr 30, 2011 9:01 PM

Mar 2011
@QwaserRailgun: Okay, I suppose I should try to answering..

1. The leaves were made by default Photoshop brush. All versions of Photoshop have it..
2. Scanlines? Do you mean those diagonal lines? I'm not sure I can explain it, but read it here, it's a nice tutorial.
3. Idk how to do it.. I never use that style before.. Sorry! :'(
4. Don't know again TT^TT
5. Err, maybe someone who posts after me can explain it. (I can't explain it)
6. How to do it in Photoshop>>

7. Err, about the fonts, Idk about the first one, but for the second card, it's Visitor -BRK- font :)

Hope it helps you :3

Apr 30, 2011 10:26 PM

May 2010
@ QwaserRailgun : I`ll answer some that I know ;

# 5 question ; my answer is -
You need to use a costum shape for that . You can download many shapes for free ;)
Here`s a sample that I made ; if this is what you`re asking o.O

# 7 question ; my answer is -
That font in the first card is called Carnavalee Freakshow , just click it . And you can download it ;

Hope it helpes you !!
Apr 30, 2011 10:38 PM

Jun 2010
@QwaserRailgun:

1. To add effects, click the 'fx' icon below the layers palette, there you'll have many options such as drop shadow, outer and inner glow, stroke, etc. To copy the effects to another image, just right click the layer with effects on the layers palette then click 'copy layer style', then right click the layer of the image you want to put the effects to on the layers palette again>paste layer style. To change the color on each card, click the eyedropper tool on the tools menu then click any area on the image or perhaps you're talking about the whole card/image at once? just press CTRL+U to change the Hue/Saturation...and as black-ALICE said the leaves were done by using the default PS brush. :)
2. I found these tutorials for you... ^^

3. I'm not really sure but I think she used a feathered brush or a soft brush (like the first brush you see on PS) to put a line across the card. Then probably added an inner glow effect and outer glow around the card. I tried doing it and you can see it on the spoiler (it's not exactly the same but oh well I tried ^^).. but it's better for you to ask cookies05 to know how she exactly did it :)

4. This is actually a stroke pattern effect and it's easy to do it. In PS, you can do this by clicking the 'fx' icon below the layers palette, then click stroke. A drop box will appear as shown below... this one and the one on your example is not a default photoshop pattern, you can download patterns like this anywhere. just google free photoshop patterns.

6. As UsuiAyuzawa said, you can use custom shapes to do this.. but there are also other alternatives or ways to change the border of a card.. On your examples, I think they used the rectangular and elliptical marquee tools.

I hope that helps you =)
incarnateApr 30, 2011 10:58 PM
May 1, 2011 12:48 PM

Apr 2010
i have aquestion to all photoshop users^^
i downloaded this brushset:

the brush has different colors in the picture, how can i color only parts of a brush?
May 1, 2011 2:29 PM

Jun 2010
you can change the colors of the brush by using either the gradient map or putting a gradient overlay..

hope that helps ^^
May 1, 2011 10:44 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, thanks black-ALICE, UsuiAyuzawa, and xyBer_! I'm glad you guys took the time to answer my nooby questions. ^^''

@black-ALICE: aha, it's okay if you don't know, you were already a big help with the questions you did know. :D

@UsuiAyuzawa: Thanks for figuring out the font and giving me a download link to it! :D Though I don't quite understand what you're supposed to do with the custom shapes... how do you use them?

@xyBer_: The tutorials and visuals were a great help, you seem very knowledgeable about photoshop. :3
May 2, 2011 3:34 AM

May 2010
QwaserRailgun said:
Wow, thanks black-ALICE, UsuiAyuzawa, and xyBer_! I'm glad you guys took the time to answer my nooby questions. ^^''

@black-ALICE: aha, it's okay if you don't know, you were already a big help with the questions you did know. :D

@UsuiAyuzawa: Thanks for figuring out the font and giving me a download link to it! :D Though I don't quite understand what you're supposed to do with the custom shapes... how do you use them?

@xyBer_: The tutorials and visuals were a great help, you seem very knowledgeable about photoshop. :3

No problem , glad we can help you :)
About the shapes , huuuum it`s a little hard to explain but i`ll give it a try .

1st - open the file you wanna make a shape with ; click on layer > new layer from bg
    Example :

2nd - click the add layer mask button twice .
    Example :

3rd - right click on the shape tool > costum shape tool choose a shape you wanted to use .
    [I used a leaf shape]
    Example :

-

4th - Drag the shape anywhere on the image , it will look like this ;

5th - you can now add blending options > drop shadows , inner glow etc .
    [this is my final image]

Hope you understand my tutorial , ask me anything if you haven`t understand something :)
May 2, 2011 9:44 AM

Jun 2010
QwaserRailgun said:

dou itashimashite ^^
May 4, 2011 7:55 PM

Dec 2009
@UsuiAyuzawa: Thank you for explaining it to me, and don't worry, I understood every word of it. :3
May 5, 2011 11:38 AM

May 2010
QwaserRailgun said:
@UsuiAyuzawa: Thank you for explaining it to me, and don't worry, I understood every word of it. :3

Glad you understood it x_x
Hope it helped you a lot , if you finished your work , can I see it ? :)
May 6, 2011 7:00 PM
Aug 2010
I have a question.
This is more for paint.NET users, since the only image editing program I have and can use it paint.NET

How do I make the corners of a rounded rectangle bigger?
It's hard to understand what I mean, so I'll just show an example of comparison:
May 7, 2011 8:57 PM

Dec 2009
UsuiAyuzawa said:
QwaserRailgun said:

Of course! You being my teacher and everything. xD Though I don't think I'll be making anything with shapes yet casue I'm still getting the jist of using Photoshop..... there's so many buttons and functions! It's going to take years to figure out all of the different things you can do with them. x_x Anyways, I'll be opening my first LE tomorrow at AnimeNekoWorks, so I guess that's something to look at if you have time. :3
May 8, 2011 1:21 AM

May 2010
QwaserRailgun said:
UsuiAyuzawa said:
QwaserRailgun said:

Of course! You being my teacher and everything. xD Though I don't think I'll be making anything with shapes yet casue I'm still getting the jist of using Photoshop..... there's so many buttons and functions! It's going to take years to figure out all of the different things you can do with them. x_x Anyways, I'll be opening my first LE tomorrow at AnimeNekoWorks, so I guess that's something to look at if you have time. :3

Oh sure , I havve plenty of time since it's summer vacation :)
May 8, 2011 1:23 AM

May 2010
amiriteC said:
I have a question.
This is more for paint.NET users, since the only image editing program I have and can use it paint.NET

It's hard to understand what I mean, so I'll just show an example of comparison:

I`m not a Paint.net user , but I think I can help you with that ; as you can see your rounded corners is just small .

You need to set the radius bigger :)
May 14, 2011 7:33 AM
Aug 2010
UsuiAyuzawa said:
amiriteC said:
I have a question.

I`m not a Paint.net user , but I think I can help you with that ; as you can see your rounded corners is just small .

You need to set the radius bigger :)

Thanks for the help, it's just that I don't know how to make the radius bigger, I look around for the little selection, but it doens't seem to be anywhere.
Thanks for the help anyway!
May 14, 2011 8:36 AM

Apr 2010
how to change radius:
May 21, 2011 4:26 PM

Mar 2011
Hiya guys, I want to ask something.
Do you know what's this font?

The "Revelation" one. Many many thanks! :3

May 29, 2011 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
Err, I never made a card before and I want to try..
And if I post it on the forums..
How do I put the spoilers button? And how do I put the card in the spoilers button?

I'm sorry if that made no sense.. ;__;

Thank yoU! :D
AritanMay 30, 2011 11:02 AM
May 29, 2011 12:23 PM

Jan 2008
You just have to type the following without the * :

[*spoiler]Whatever you want to put in the spoiler here[*/spoiler]

As for the card:
Try uploading it on sites like tinypic.com, photobucket.com, or imageshack.us
Those sites automatically give you the BBCode. (That´s the language in which you format things in many forums) It should look like this:
[*img]Link[*/img]
Again without the *. If you need further help, look at the BBCode Link next to the Cancel Button if you press Quick Reply.

Jun 26, 2011 4:15 PM

Jun 2011
I don't have a question,but a request..someone could add me on messenger and send me the set-up for cs4....and teach me how to safe install it?please? *makes puupy eyes*
Jun 29, 2011 2:44 PM

Apr 2010
PrinnyDoodette said:
Hi, I just joined the club. I am a total rookie and have never made one before, and I was wondering what program I should use for making them.
I usually use Pixlr.com whenever I make images for my profile. Any other recommendations?
Jun 29, 2011 2:48 PM

Apr 2010
well i used paint.NET for making cards and i like it pretty much, it's easy but has all functions needed
you kan get it here: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html
Jun 29, 2011 4:17 PM

May 2011
xRay-chanx said:
well i used paint.NET for making cards and i like it pretty much, it's easy but has all functions needed
you kan get it here: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Thanks! I need to get it on my other computer since it doesn't work on this one. I have used Paint.NET before, so it'll be easy to get used to.
Aug 11, 2011 5:28 PM

May 2010
Hello everyone ^^
I would like to know the names of these fonts used:

Thanks!
Sorry for asking so many font based questions ^^'
SukirimaAug 11, 2011 5:38 PM
Aug 19, 2011 2:59 PM

Apr 2010
@ darkdemon: hmm some of these fonts are really cute.. but i don't know either

@supahbub: LEs (=limited edition) are the normal card editions which are made (more or less) regularly and are thus not "special" like the SEs. a SE would be for example a spontaneous card edition or sometimes there are card editions which stay open only for 2 hours (yoruichi made those a few times)
i interpreted it always like this, maybe someone else can also give his/her opninion on this
Aug 21, 2011 5:02 PM

Nov 2010
This isn't really a card related question, but I don't know who else to ask :x

What are userbars?
Sep 4, 2011 11:04 AM

Dec 2009
@DarkDemon-Chan:
Name of font used for "lollipop"?
= font#6
I don't know the rest but if you know all of it kindly tell me, just click the link that is the link where you will download that font. :)
Sep 5, 2011 6:18 AM

Mar 2011
@DarkDemon-Chan:
  • Font used for DarkDemon-Chan on AnisxKaede card: Jellyka Saint-Andrew's Queen
  • Font used for SkyBat82: Actually it's a 'basic' font, you already have it in your PC. The font name is Mistral.

@littleally28:
Userbar is similar like banner, but it's smaller. The size is optional, but the usual size is 350x19 px. Example of userbar:

Sep 5, 2011 8:26 AM
Aug 2010
@DarkDemon-chan

Font used for DarkDemon-chan on this card: Cocktail Bubbly
Sep 21, 2011 3:41 AM

May 2009
SupahBub said:
What's the difference between LEs and SEs?

it depends on how you define it as limited or special edition ^-^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Rookie Area ( 1 2 )

xRay-chanx - Apr 24, 2011

97 by panguino729 »»
Aug 28, 2013 11:01 PM

» [members: closed] Nekomimi LE

xRay-chanx - May 12, 2012

34 by _greyce76 »»
Aug 7, 2012 2:14 AM

Sticky: » [temporarily CLOSED]Official Membercards ( 1 2 3 )

xRay-chanx - Apr 24, 2011

149 by xTsukinox3 »»
Jul 21, 2012 7:53 AM

» [game] Four Letter Word Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ryouzenpaku - Apr 28, 2011

481 by anck-su-namun »»
Jun 25, 2012 1:38 PM

» [members:closed]Random Picture SE part 6[admins:closed]

xRay-chanx - May 3, 2012

10 by JohnLopez »»
May 4, 2012 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.