Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2011 8:34 AM

May 2009
The anime was a failure. (Just like just about every other anime adaptation of a VN out there.)

But apparently most people here haven't seen the VN yet, so I'll just clear up some stuff first. Note: These are only the more major ones.

Anime Butchering #1: Yuka is a Psycho Bitch
Reality: Yuka was actually quite the typical childhood friend and nice girl figure. The only thing she did which was even remotely 'yandere' was to sacrifice her life to make Kakeru happy. And that's not even psycho, it's self-sacrificial.

Anime Butchering #2: WTF, Yuka's power was the last to be revealed, and it turns out that all she could do was nullify loooool
Reality: Yuka's power first appears as just Nullification, but it is actually the ability to generate illusions and to bring out the victim's worst memories. When affected, the victim unintentionally loses the will to fight, thus their abilites seem nullified.

Anime Butchering #3: Kukuri was an illusion!
Reality: Kukuri's power was actually the most powerful out of all the Fragments, and in her world was the only one where she didn't kill herself, unlike Kakeru's world, but massacred the research faculty and was adopted by Tachibana and took on his surname. She met Kakeru again in the Red Night. Kukuri's soul is within the blades thrown by Abraxas (who is Demiurge when unchained, and has the power of spontaneous regeneration and soul manifestation).

Anime Butchering #4: Yuka was entirely unconcerned about Yukiko's death, and freed Liselotte and got shot by the beam of doooom. The incident was never spoken of again.
Reality: Seriously, I have no idea why the anime made it like that. In the VN, after Yukiko's death, her released fragment was absorbed by the crystal and thus Liselotte took control for a period of time. It had nothing to do with Yuka, who happened to be fighting larvae somewhere else at that time.

Anime Butchering #5: Lisette is just Liselotte with amnesia. Liselotte is evil. Lisette is just some random girl.

Reality: Liselotte Werckmeister was actually born as Lisette Weltall (above), from the town of Beziers and experienced the Catholic Crusade (read your history books). She was captured by soldiers and raped over and over again and almost killed. In that desperation and upon gaining the Voidstone, her dark soul was completely torn apart from her pure nature, and became Liselotte, who harbored all of Lisette's hatred, and studied magic under the magician Wreckmeister and inherited his surname and received the name Liselotte from him. She then joined Verard's army and subsequently fell in love with him, but he was later killed and she was framed for his death. When she was sealed, the personality 'Lisette', which possesses Lisette Weltall's pure and untainted heart returned and she was completely confused with her imprisonment, which was why she asked for help from Kakeru and co. She soon recovers her memories and realizes all that she's done, and begs for Kakeru to kill her. Her final words to him were that she was not Liselotte Werckmeister, but Lisette Weltall.

Anime Butchering #6: The entirety of the last few episodes FUUUUUUUUUUUU--- I won't even try to explain what happened since the most of you already know and are pissed off by it... You know, crappy final battle, crappy text explanations, and everyone resurrecting without reason? Yeah.
Reality: Yuka sacrificed herself by using all her power to make Kakeru at peace, and was absorbed into the Voidstone. Meanwhile, Misuzu was fighting Misao, and defeated her, but she was badly injured. She pleaded for Kukuri to heal her... But Kukuri stabbed Misuzu instead with one of her chains, killing her. (Yeah, it's more like Kukuri's the yandere here) Kukuri then goes and kills off Shiori, and then commits suicide herself, reason being that she will destroy all the last fragments so that Kakeru can finally fight a much less powerful Liselotte (You know, like Voldemort's Horcruxes? Yeah.). It worked. Meanwhile, Lisette in the crystal begs for Kakeru to kill him, which he agreed, and she turned into her Liselotte persona. During the final Liselotte vs Kakeru battle which was never adapted into anime, Liselotte was at an advantage due to her experience, but Kakeru used his Eye of Aeon to its fullest potential, which was not just to see the future, but to see all possibilities of the future and choose the most desired outcome. Out of billions of bad end scenarios, he finds one where he could finish off Liselotte, and he finally stabs her through the chest with Raikiri. Liselotte in her dying moments, her shattered personalities of Lisette and Liselotte finally fused together once more like they have in the beginning, and through Kakeru's eye she sees Verard, and she dies content. She thanks Kakeru for saving her from her own darkness. Quite a bittersweet ending to me.

This picture stays here because of how pretty it is.

And Kakeru, after using the eye to its fullest potential, his spirit gets absorbed into the eye. Meanwhile, thanks to Abraxas' power, Kukuri subconsciously created a world where Lisette's tragic past had never occurred, and transfered her friends there still with their memories intact. In doing so, she left for a parallel universe and never returns. The club members enter the classroom one day to find an unknown sketchbook lying on the table. (In the true ending, Kakeru manages to get contact with Kukuri again.)

... Wow I can't believe I actually wrote this much for some random VN I just chanced upon. Anyway, you can get more info here. http://11eyes.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Cheers.
KirrohaMar 14, 2011 8:43 AM
Apr 8, 2011 4:05 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, I can't believe the anime adaption was THAT messed up and deviated so much from the game. Now I've got to get my hands on the visual novel it sounds so epic compared to the anime.
Apr 14, 2017 5:46 AM

Apr 2015
Just finished the VN now, and lol Yuka is still indeed possessive, but yeah that sharpie tea scene never happens. She just try to give Kakeru a bit of escapism XD
Jul 4, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2010
Uhm .. already 8 years have passed, I think it's more than adequate to give the light novel a chance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Dec 22, 2009

316 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:42 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Dec 8, 2009

197 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 24, 2009

148 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:30 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

182 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:17 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 10, 2009

110 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.