Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2008 12:38 AM
Feb 2008
How can just one person be so damn awesome i mean how awesome is he.. i guess just say why you like him..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 10, 2008 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
animepeeps said:
How can just one person be so damn awesome i mean how awesome is he.. i guess just say why you like him..

If you play Crisis Core you realize he gets his awesomeness from Zack.

Jun 17, 2008 9:42 PM
Feb 2008
yer i kno Zack is like so cool aswell
Sep 6, 2008 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
CaptainRiven said:
animepeeps said:

If you play Crisis Core you realize he gets his awesomeness from Zack.

yep yep yep
Nov 7, 2008 11:17 AM
Jul 2008
yea zack is cool too but i still prefer cloud !!
but it's true that could took this stenght and behave from Zack : he is his hero^^
Dec 27, 2008 4:41 AM

Nov 2008
he's handsome & cool xD
Jun 23, 2009 7:29 PM
Nov 2007
He's so cute and adorable >///< I love his personality, cool and mysterious. His hair and eyes are to-die-for~
Dec 1, 2009 4:14 AM

Nov 2009
He gets his awesomeness from Zack? :/

I guess it depends on what you think is awesome about him. His false persona who resembles Zack, or the real guy, the insecure dork who cherishes his family.

/snarky

I like Cloud because he is the furthest thing from infallible you can get, pretty much.
Dec 2, 2009 5:37 PM

Dec 2009
^. Haha, I agree.

I don't think Cloud gets his cool from Zack, either. When he was Faux Cloud, he acted like Zack in some ways, but he was far more cold, and more stuck-up. Cloud is cool to me because he's not (or wasn't for his time) the sterotypical hero.
Apr 30, 2011 6:37 AM

Apr 2011
Just to add my say, Cloud is all around his own character.

As I have said this before in other places, Cloud has developed more into his own in entirety than being a knock-off charicature of Zack. Sure, he started out when his J-Cells rebuilt his mind using part of Zack's consciousness, which caused the convaluted mix of himself and his best friend, but it didn't stay that way.

To start with, Cloud has always been abnormal in himself, having been born unusually strong on the physical level, a 'metahuman' if you will, and having an innate ability to wield swords. This was evidenced in the game when he and Tifa fell off the cliff and he only came out with partially scrapped knees when she was badly wounded. Being infused with mako and J-Cells, via Hojo's experiments, only served to strengthen and reinforce him even more, tho it had the negative setback of severely damaging his mentality. To put it simply, it wasn't really his fault that he became convaluted with part of Zack's mentality as that was more the J-Cells' doing as a defense mechanism.

Through the latter half of FFVII and AC/C however, only shows that Cloud eventually regained his original mentality as well as developing character-wise, proving that he has grown into his own self, period. Sure, he was never a 1st Class SOLDIER like Zack was, but the blonde swordsman made his own name. To withstand the trials and tribulations that befell Zack is one thing, but to succumb to it and then come back from it, entirely intact like Cloud did, is another story and a feat in itself.

Having said that, I disagree that he "got his awesomeness from Zack" as Cloud became a very strong character in his own right and continues to grow as the Compilation progresses.

I rest my case :)

~ Raz
Nov 1, 2011 6:22 PM

Jun 2010
SirRazael said:
Just to add my say, Cloud is all around his own character.

As I have said this before in other places, Cloud has developed more into his own in entirety than being a knock-off charicature of Zack. Sure, he started out when his J-Cells rebuilt his mind using part of Zack's consciousness, which caused the convaluted mix of himself and his best friend, but it didn't stay that way.

To start with, Cloud has always been abnormal in himself, having been born unusually strong on the physical level, a 'metahuman' if you will, and having an innate ability to wield swords. This was evidenced in the game when he and Tifa fell off the cliff and he only came out with partially scrapped knees when she was badly wounded. Being infused with mako and J-Cells, via Hojo's experiments, only served to strengthen and reinforce him even more, tho it had the negative setback of severely damaging his mentality. To put it simply, it wasn't really his fault that he became convaluted with part of Zack's mentality as that was more the J-Cells' doing as a defense mechanism.

Through the latter half of FFVII and AC/C however, only shows that Cloud eventually regained his original mentality as well as developing character-wise, proving that he has grown into his own self, period. Sure, he was never a 1st Class SOLDIER like Zack was, but the blonde swordsman made his own name. To withstand the trials and tribulations that befell Zack is one thing, but to succumb to it and then come back from it, entirely intact like Cloud did, is another story and a feat in itself.

Having said that, I disagree that he "got his awesomeness from Zack" as Cloud became a very strong character in his own right and continues to grow as the Compilation progresses.

I rest my case :)

~ Raz
i agree, tho i think that zack was important to the" creation" of the cloud we know and with out him being there for cloud, cloud might not have ended up the way he is now and that he did need zack for his own development :3
"Man cannot change his fate, unless he picks a different route, on destiny's many paths"
-Shizaki, Kuro

]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Cloud Style

CaptainRiven - May 10, 2008

7 by aelyria »»
Apr 6, 2011 6:06 PM

» Clouds swords

animepeeps - May 29, 2008

4 by MrHarrubu »»
Feb 3, 2010 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.