Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 9, 6:00 PM

Apr 2016
Hello everybody,

Since the beginning of the series has been very clear to me that the final opponent of Ryo would have been his inner demon.
Chapter after chapter, this entity that infiltrated Ryo's mind since elementary school became more and more defined, at first it was a sensation, and then it became an image he drew as a kid, and in the final chapters we also had a manifestation of the demon itself when the drawing was burned.

This collided with the fact that Ryo was changing and becoming more and more independent from this inner demonic presence is the perfect setup for his last fight against this monster.

With the progression of Shamo, it's also possible to see that the series started embracing a more fantastic outlook, for example with FateReadings and the use of "Ki" etc...

Unfortunately with the changing of direction the manga took because of the author's creative differences, at the end of the manga everything I wrote above basically disappeared, which is a shame.

And you? How do you think it was supposed to end?
Jan 11, 7:30 PM
Feb 2014
The ending would've been much darker with him potentially doing seriously wrong things. I did this years ago, so I've forgotten most of it, but the story got lighter and the messed up path I thought the story was going down didn't happen. I prefer that he became a likable character and became more of a martial arts fighting manga with the art showcasing those fights impeccably well.
The main character is a flawed character but I've read manga where the character goes too far like Heads and Homunculus. Maybe it's because shonen battle anime is my favourite thing but if this became too psychological, I might've stopped. It has the right blend to keep me engaged and the ending it did was the right way to go and the reason it's a masterpiece.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 327 Discussion

Tengai - Oct 1, 2015

1 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 304 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Apr 11

0 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 298 Discussion

Ishmael - Oct 14, 2013

4 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 289 Discussion

haydocc - Jun 24, 2014

1 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Shamo Chapter 280 Discussion

Ishmael - Jan 30, 2013

2 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Apr 11, 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.