Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2023 4:15 PM

Sep 2014
in my case it mostly depends on how personally invested i am in the friendship, and as such i more naturally gravitate towards my irl ones due to having the added benefit of being able to read body language and facial expressions. still, people are people at the end of the day, just because it's easier to make friends irl doesn't mean i haven't met some really cool people online. everything lies on how much of yourself you put out there to others, and in turn, how much they reciprocate
Dec 2, 2023 9:46 AM

Apr 2016
I don't think you'll automatically be friends with those people, you're going tolerate a lot of them. It feels dull and forced if the person you're talking to just being considerate or not just being interested in whatever you're talking about. Friendship should come naturally and you need to find the right ones also none of these online friends will last, most of them probably just being active for a few months or a year. They just mostly disappeared and never came back, I had been in a large online group with people around my age and some are probably 5 or 7 years older than me, all of them just stayed around for like a months and after a year has passed, they slowly disappeared, only a few stayed. I still have contacts with the others and talk to some of them and a lot of them are busy with their lives. Also, attempt to make the conversation more lively and fun.
Dec 2, 2023 10:16 PM
May 2012
Online friends are hard to maintain.
I would suggest to know them online but meet them IRL as soon as possible.
I don't know how to make friends and keep them but the greatest friendships I've had both online and IRL were when there was a common shared activity whether it was studying, sports, hobbies, work or gaming there was a shared project with shared experiences and when the project is somehow over, so is the friendship. Having friends just for the sake of having them to spend time and go out together to have fun and kill boredom only works when you're young when you're still exploring the world and you're cheerful and full of life who wants to share everything and talk about anything, sadly that's not gonna work when you're adult if its not backed by past memories and bond together. If you want to play a game online join a clan, join their forum, join their discords and play around them. If you want to do a sport or a hobby join a local Facebook group and hang out with them. Once you establish an IRL first approach take them out for dinner or a coffee, invite them to take a trip, take a walk, meet their friend, pet their pets, go to the cinema. The key is just making new memories together maybe its not gonna work but without even trying activities everything is gonna dry out. It's not the activity you do together that's important, it's your shared emotions and reactions. Even the best activity could mean nothing to you if done alone and something you do enjoy alone could be even greater doing with someone else. In my experience the loners are people that don't want to do anything, they have no interests, they are too scared or too anxious to do basically anything, they have no hobbies, they just feel lonely and that something is missing in their life but nothing is going to change because there's nothing to share. These are the difficult cases in which you don't know what to advise other than that these people must first find out what they want by making an effort to explore around.
After all that said the online set a sort of barrier against the sharing possibilities, it is mostly talking to death. It makes it really easy to start a friendship but really hard to maintain it.
Dec 2, 2023 10:35 PM

Nov 2018
Interacting with a person face-to-face is just different. Its hard to interpret what the person actually feels when they are with you when you’re talking behind a screen. But then again, it’s not that easy to find IRL friends for everyone.
˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗ 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓊𝓂 𝓈𝒾𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓂𝑒! | ━─━────༺༻────━─━ | 𝑜𝓀𝒶𝒶-𝓈𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 wise ˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - 2 hours ago

3 by LoveYourEyes »»
23 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

50 by DesuMaiden »»
31 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

28 by elgatosaika »»
34 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 26

10 by MalchikRepaid »»
34 minutes ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

barababas - 1 hour ago

6 by elgatosaika »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.