Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2023 3:53 PM

Apr 2017
Hmm, I liked the relationship between the two, but some things left to be desired IMO.

The rape just...came out of nowhere. I was actually glad that the woman had been established as sympathetic (yaoi isn't too kind to female characters), but when she lost her marbles and did that I could only go "...wut". The PTSD was an interesting touch, since too many manga gloss over the effects of rape in order to use it as an excuse, but idk—her snapping like that and shouting out her entire reasoning so conveniently felt forced.

Kanata's heart condition likewise came out of nowhere, and Shouma kicking him out was melodramatic and over-the-top (I guess you could blame it on all the stress, but it felt more like a third-act misunderstanding). I definitely see how both of them wanted to keep pretending that things were good, but eh. Could've had a few panels of Shouma trying to ask Kanata about it beforehand and Kanata deflecting, and it would've been more believable when Shouma finally snapped.

It's a shame, because if it weren't for the weird way the rape itself was handled, I would've probably rated this a 9. Oh well, 8/10.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.