Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 30, 2023 2:49 PM
Apr 2020
How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?
KingSunWukongOct 31, 2023 3:39 AM
Oct 30, 2023 11:03 PM
Sep 2015
At the beginning of the series, we’re presented with the premise of “journey and adventure to many worlds, with the goal of saving the life of the one you love, along with some companions” and all the emotional ups and downs that entails. It’s a cute and fun premise, but the added stipulation of “the one you love won’t remember you” makes the whole thing bittersweet, and you can bet that point will come in every so often to emotionally punch the audience/main character in the gut.

From there it’s a slow descent from the cute but bittersweet/tragic, with the emotional drama of the worlds and between characters becoming more frequent or harder hitting. Tokyo arc (Tokyo Revelations) is the big Wham Moment of the series that takes the emotional drama/dark/wtf-ness to a whole other level, and shows a level of violence not seen in the series before (or after).

The TV anime series covers all the worlds preceding Tokyo (it might have skipped a one-off one, I don’t recall), but it then goes to anime-only ones and never comes back to Tokyo or worlds after. The tone of the series keeps it more in line with the lighter original premise.

Post-Tokyo Tsubasa continues down its track of dark emotional drama and mind f***s. In my opinion, Tokyo arc was peak; nothing quite reached its level afterwards, probably because it started to trip on its mind f***s. I didn’t mind it as much as a lot of people, but the emotional punch hit less hard because of it.
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM
Oct 2022
Manga itself is a whole can of worms. A lot of plots and twists are absent in Anime. I can agree that the anime didn't end properly. So, I recommend sticking with Manga after watching Anime and be prepared for traumatizing stuffs.

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ahenshihael - Mar 17, 2008

100 by Yumerei »»
May 3, 2021 12:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.