Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2010 10:13 AM

Jan 2009
Finally the DVD of TOV the first strike came out.
You can buy it from here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-3799

EDIT:
I HXH from Red Team, will Handle the Arabic Translation with my friend Red Liquid.

Mod Edit: Download link removed.
LunaMay 8, 2012 11:34 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2010 11:16 AM

Apr 2009
thanks dude =3
but i'll wait the subs =)
May 28, 2010 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
Thank you !!! but i'll wait for the subs :3 also 6 GB is way 2 big >_>
May 28, 2010 7:51 PM

Feb 2009
At least this is a good sign that it should be subbed soon.
May 28, 2010 8:41 PM

Apr 2009
Thanks. I'll wait for the subs though.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
May 29, 2010 12:09 AM

Nov 2006
It's well seeded, so it downloaded pretty quickly. Worth it if you can't wait for subs like me, and have limitless amounts of space like me.

Just flipped through it and Rita's part is p. cute. But how could it not be?
May 29, 2010 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
I'm waiting for the subs too, coz I want to translate it into Arabic.
but there is no way I can wait any more, I'll watch it raw then subbed, even if I don't have space, I'll make.
May 29, 2010 1:27 AM

Apr 2008
still have to finish the game :<

May 29, 2010 1:49 AM

Aug 2009
I've already waited months for this, anyway. Might as well wait a few more days for the subs. :3
May 29, 2010 3:00 AM

Nov 2006
MisterSaito said:
still have to finish the game :<
i've played for 230 hours and am going to replay once again after i beat tales of symphonia 2. ;A; s-stupid vesperia...
May 29, 2010 10:13 AM

Jul 2007
Just watched it raw... gaaaaaaawwww I loved it.
Now to figure out how to get my friends to watch it even though they all go "but I haven't played the game, I won't know what's going on" >____>

Also, QTS just released a bluray rip, but who knows how long until they actually start seeding it :|
- blog
DeviantArt | Domain | Ryuu-Rogue fansubs - Digimon + Inazuma Eleven
May 29, 2010 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
Pic

Anyways, hope the subbers will be a decent group.
May 29, 2010 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
I dont know if I should watch this RAW, or I should wait =/ I'm so tempted to watch it RAW though....

Also AbyssalChronicles, the people who did the best subs for the Tales of the Abyss Anime. Are actually subbing the Vesperia Movie, in several languages as well. But they're focusing mainly on the English Subbing first.
May 30, 2010 2:46 PM

Sep 2009
We're part of a spanish fansub that will work together with AbyssalChronbicles for the worlwide release :D

The Bluray is 40GB so downloading the original source will take a few days for fansubs to start working really with the movie.

About my opinion of the movie, I think it's a great prologue for the Vesperia story and Yuri/Flynn's past *__* Animation is awesome so japanese is a bit harsh to understand sometimes, so I recommend to wait for subs. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait ^^
May 30, 2010 2:59 PM

Jan 2009
"Friki no Fansub" and "Inshuheki Fansubs"

which one you're in?
May 30, 2010 3:09 PM

Nov 2007
Hisham_Qurashi said:
"Friki no Fansub" and "Inshuheki Fansubs"

which one you're in?

Both Clow and I are part of Friki no Fansub :3 We've subbed everything Tales-related minus ToE, so this movie was a must *__* We're happy to work with AC again :3 (we both worked together 'behind the scenes' already with TotA).
May 30, 2010 9:28 PM
May 2010
I don't suppose you'd download a smaller version to work on translating while the bigger one downloads :P There are much smaller ones out there
Also... hopefully... the release will be much smaller than that! :P
But thanks for subtitling, I've been checking every day
May 31, 2010 10:15 AM

Sep 2009
For translation business lq raws are OK, but to encode such a high quality movie, it is better to have the original source to not lose video quality ^^

I guess final release will be around 4GB as usual 1080p 2h movies are xD
And thank you for the wait :3
May 31, 2010 11:50 AM
May 2010
Hey I got one question if you have a chance... I saw the raw and got the idea of the story from a post in another forum ( http://forum.tales-cless.org/tales-series/tales-of-vesperia-first-strike-first-look/0/ )
The one thing I was curious about, that didn't seem to be covered here... what was it Yuri and Flynn had the fistfight over, in their first confrontation after Yuri had to kill that dog :P
I assume it was something about Yuri wanting to leave the army to join a guild/etc, but I'm not sure of his reasons for that exactly either.
May 31, 2010 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
WhiteEagle1980 said:
Hey I got one question if you have a chance... I saw the raw and got the idea of the story from a post in another forum ( http://forum.tales-cless.org/tales-series/tales-of-vesperia-first-strike-first-look/0/ )
The one thing I was curious about, that didn't seem to be covered here... what was it Yuri and Flynn had the fistfight over, in their first confrontation after Yuri had to kill that dog :P
I assume it was something about Yuri wanting to leave the army to join a guild/etc, but I'm not sure of his reasons for that exactly either.

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2010 7:32 PM

Aug 2009
Just a question, do you know round about the time the subbings and release of subbed movie will be released? or an estimate perhaps?
Not only am I dying to see the film, but I have a few friends who are nagging at me for the sub release as well. Man, sometimes I wish I could just fully understand japanese xD
May 31, 2010 11:16 PM
May 2010
Good movie... shows how a bad-guy-killin' foo started going on his own path.
Jun 1, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:
Just a question, do you know round about the time the subbings and release of subbed movie will be released? or an estimate perhaps?
Not only am I dying to see the film, but I have a few friends who are nagging at me for the sub release as well. Man, sometimes I wish I could just fully understand japanese xD

^

I second this.

Been refreshing the AC page for god knows how many hours now :P
Jun 1, 2010 2:58 AM
May 2010
You could always do what I did and watch the raw and get the idea of what happened from that forum post I linked :P
(It's out of order in some places and misses a few details, but it might tide you over)
Jun 1, 2010 6:17 AM

Nov 2007
I don't watch sub recently because I'm practicing my Japanese with raw, but there are few parts i don't understand. I think it depends on how hard it is to sub some of the parts, unless they know the parts from playing the game.

When watching the movie, I sensed a bit that there will be sequel, what do you think for those who watched the movie?
tsubasaloverJun 1, 2010 6:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 1, 2010 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
Haha, Clous I have been doing the exact same thing. But it's probably gonna take some time xD I'm still waiting for the Tethe'alla Symphonia OVA 2 Episode to be subbed as well~ Well I have to say AC we're pretty quick on the Abyss Episodes. Not as fast as some subbers but we we'rent waiting a month. Hopefully the Vesperia Movie will be subbed by next week. But I am seriously even more tempted to watch it raw xD I cant stand waiting. A friend of mine (with another one of his friends) actually subbed the first 4 minutes of the film, and posted it on youtube. Making me want to watch it ever so more ._.

And TsubasaLover, they actually already thought about a second film, but they are unsure whether to make a second film, or a second game. Maybe they'll do both xD Vesperia after all is seriously loved by its fanbase. It's basically topped Symphonia in most peoples eyes, on the popularity level.
Jun 1, 2010 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:
Haha, Clous I have been doing the exact same thing. But it's probably gonna take some time xD I'm still waiting for the Tethe'alla Symphonia OVA 2 Episode to be subbed as well~ Well I have to say AC we're pretty quick on the Abyss Episodes. Not as fast as some subbers but we we'rent waiting a month. Hopefully the Vesperia Movie will be subbed by next week. But I am seriously even more tempted to watch it raw xD I cant stand waiting. A friend of mine (with another one of his friends) actually subbed the first 4 minutes of the film, and posted it on youtube. Making me want to watch it ever so more ._.

4 minutes of subbing? GIVE LINKZ
Jun 2, 2010 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
Clous said:

Haha sure xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8PfXcogS68

Someone else who I know actually subbed the first 9 minutes as well.
But his video got taken down from Youtube ._.
But here is the first 4 minutes anyway :D
Jun 2, 2010 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
HaloX5 said:
Clous said:

Haha sure xD

Let's just wait till the whole movie get subbed, we've been waiting more that 9 months, can't we just wait a little longer?

those who translating by minutes, will only Enthuses you to see more, then you will lose your Patience.
Jun 2, 2010 5:51 PM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:
Clous said:

Haha sure xD

*hugs* You are the freaking best.

Should hold me over for a few more days.
Jun 3, 2010 7:58 AM

Aug 2009
Clous said:
HaloX5 said:
Clous said:

Haha sure xD

*hugs* You are the freaking best.

Should hold me over for a few more days.

Haha~ I've actually seen the whole movie now :D English Translated. Just so you know. ITS WORTH EVERY SECOND o-o I'm afraid i'm not a liberty to go handing it out to people though ;_; When it gets finally subbed by AC, i'll download it and probably watch it another 20 times :D or more.
Jun 3, 2010 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
Is there a "Second Strike" or something?
Coz the 1st strike is just the beginning.
Jun 3, 2010 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
Hisham_Qurashi said:

That would be the game, I think.
Jun 3, 2010 5:35 PM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:

Haha~ I've actually seen the whole movie now :D English Translated. Just so you know. ITS WORTH EVERY SECOND o-o I'm afraid i'm not a liberty to go handing it out to people though ;_; When it gets finally subbed by AC, i'll download it and probably watch it another 20 times :D or more.

You are pretty good at simultaneously making someone extremely happy and depressed at the same time :P
Jun 3, 2010 9:29 PM

Feb 2009
clow_shirow said:
We're part of a spanish fansub that will work together with AbyssalChronbicles for the worlwide release :D

The Bluray is 40GB so downloading the original source will take a few days for fansubs to start working really with the movie.

About my opinion of the movie, I think it's a great prologue for the Vesperia story and Yuri/Flynn's past *__* Animation is awesome so japanese is a bit harsh to understand sometimes, so I recommend to wait for subs. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait ^^

Funny, I downloaded a 400 MB file of the movie and it has Japanese Subs in it...It's not Bluray quality, but maybe easier to translate...Just can't wait for English Subs...
Jun 4, 2010 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
Gamer4life said:
Hisham_Qurashi said:

That would be the game, I think.

What?
No! there should be a second and maybe a third strike as well.
this 1st strike is just the beginning, and If the next would be the game, then we want the anime of the game, man there still Judith and Raven, I want to see them in the anime.
Jun 4, 2010 2:43 PM
May 2010
Something tells me even if you convince "Gamer4Life" of what should be, it wouldn't :P
Jun 4, 2010 9:46 PM

Jun 2008
I couldn't wait more !!!!! watched the RAW :P actually i enjoyed it xD really likes the movie !! when it's translated i will watch it again and again :3
Jun 5, 2010 12:11 AM

Apr 2009
Hisham_Qurashi said:

What?
No! there should be a second and maybe a third strike as well.
this 1st strike is just the beginning, and If the next would be the game, then we want the anime of the game, man there still Judith and Raven, I want to see them in the anime.

You can see Raven even longer then Estelle in anime. From all game characters only Judith isn't there :(

Jun 5, 2010 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
I just hate the idea of (There is not any continue parts for this Movie).
Why wouldn't they make a serious like (Tales of the Abyss), for ToV?
If they won't, they can make at least 3 Movies, because one movie isn't enough.
Jun 5, 2010 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
I am great at doing that Clous :D

Anyway. They're wanting to do both, another game, and another film. So a "Second Strike" is most likely. Though unknown if they game will be a prequal or a sequal (though sequal is most likely) if there is a second film, it will be undoubtly some kind of continuation from ~The First Strike~. After all the movie is set years before the actual game, there is plently of time to make another film in there, also it's never explained how Repede got his scar. And Flynn is still just a soldier in the Knights. Maybe the next film will give some more insight of Yuri Lowell, since everything about him except from what we've seen from his actions is unknown.
Jun 6, 2010 12:43 AM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:

Oh its kay. Refresh AC website today and see something new, so my heart beats fast and im like OH SNAP ITS FINALLY HERE. Nah, just some tales of popularity contest, which to my dismay didn't even have marta on the list (She can't beat Presea, really?)

On topic, a second TOV? I can't even process a story in my mind for a sequel game. They pretty much shut out any new story with the ending of the game

Jun 6, 2010 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
Clous said:
HaloX5 said:

Oh its kay. Refresh AC website today and see something new, so my heart beats fast and im like OH SNAP ITS FINALLY HERE. Nah, just some tales of popularity contest, which to my dismay didn't even have marta on the list (She can't beat Presea, really?)

On topic, a second TOV? I can't even process a story in my mind for a sequel game. They pretty much shut out any new story with the ending of the game

I know how you feel. Either way I was sad about the popularity contest =/
And I know right!? Seriously Marta is awesome D: she should get way higher.

Well look at Dawn. I mean pfft. Ratatosk, Centurions Cores, Vanguard, Niflheim. I mean look at all that, out of the blue from just the fact the worlds are now one xD

Jun 6, 2010 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
Your sudden avatar change confused me for a second.

But yeah, I freaking love marta. Best character ever pretty much. I figured she wouldn't get high because of mad ratatosk hate(even though I prefer its story over the other tales games, yeah I said it). But not even in the top 30? Come on! I'm pretty surprised how popular yuri is :P

Whatever, I will basically kill for another tales game at this point (Just beat DOTNW for the 4053729835729579275th time). Speaking of, what ever happened to Tales of Graces release?
Jun 6, 2010 6:53 PM

Aug 2009
Clous said:
Your sudden avatar change confused me for a second.

But yeah, I freaking love marta. Best character ever pretty much. I figured she wouldn't get high because of mad ratatosk hate(even though I prefer its story over the other tales games, yeah I said it). But not even in the top 30? Come on! I'm pretty surprised how popular yuri is :P

Whatever, I will basically kill for another tales game at this point (Just beat DOTNW for the 4053729835729579275th time). Speaking of, what ever happened to Tales of Graces release?

My apologies~ I change frequently to my mood (which is always Tales Based), I just watched the Vesperia Movie, so I went Flynn Spaz again.

I know :D Marta is probably my favourite female girl character in Tales followed by Tear and Sheena. And what do you mean by "mad Ratatosk hate" xD She loves him too you know :D And I agree, alot of people hit Dawn down, but I seriously love its story ^_^ it's short and sweet, and it really hits you. Clous, dont be ashamed :D To love Dawn. I love Dawn LOOK I SAID IT WOOO DAWN IT AWESOME PEOPLE O_O I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK :D (see ^_^ ....anyway)

Clous your speaking of Vesperia, the most fanbased Tales Game there is, not only is Yuri epic, has super cool lines, looks hot, has a epic voice, has this awesome unique fighting style, is a anti-hero, and basically just flows from awesome. Is why everyone loves him. I have to admit, I really like Yuri, he's one of my favourite characters. But in Vesperia I still like Flynn more~

I KNOW SAME! I JUST BEAT DAWN NOT TO LONG AGO AS WELL, for the billionth time xD I know the freaking dialog of by damn heart.
I have no idea about Graces, we're still waiting on that one. I really wanna play it though :D I heard that Asbel is similar to Flynn, just not law obsessed~

Also Clous, why arent we friends already? I love you o-o *glomps*
Jun 6, 2010 7:33 PM

Nov 2006
Posting to echo the Marta love. Far from my favorite character, but she is great. "Not letting anything get in the way of love~ Way to go~"
Jun 6, 2010 8:07 PM

Aug 2009
windy said:
Posting to echo the Marta love. Far from my favorite character, but she is great. "Not letting anything get in the way of love~ Way to go~"

Are you a Richter wuver~ (guessing from Icon). One of my favourite Marta lines asides from that is: "Then, I wont say goodbye either, because no matter what, my heart will always be with yours Emil".

Sigh ;w; you make me wanna play the game again, all you Dawn fans~
Jun 7, 2010 5:17 AM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:

My apologies~ I change frequently to my mood (which is always Tales Based), I just watched the Vesperia Movie, so I went Flynn Spaz again.

Random Tales gibberish

Also Clous, why arent we friends already? I love you o-o *glomps*

Rubbing in you have seen a subbed version of the TOV movie jerk? :P

I actually didn't expect TOV to have the biggest fanbase. I mean, it is probably the best GAME of the series, but I found its actual story to be pretty blah. Figured favorite characters would = best story or something like that. (My obvious Tales of the Abyss/ TOS: DOTNW bias is showing :x) Yuri is pretty awesome though.

Being a creeper and looking at your profile, I've seen you played Radiant Mythology. HOW GOOD SIR. Granted my psp is in a blender atm( literally, don't ask) but I have been wanting to play it for the longest time, but I live in lolamerica so it doesn't exist.

Becoming friends is wayyyyy too easy. Much more cool to spam the TOV threads with our discussions.
Jun 7, 2010 6:16 AM

Aug 2009
No D: I didnt meant it like that Clous, I was just saying why I did the sudden change of icon ;_; if you're that eager I can easily tell you the plot. I just cant give you the script.

Yup, ToV has a HUGE fanbase, along with the first Symphonia and Abyss. And it's true that Vesperia isnt big on its story, but Yuri is that awesome, people dont really care, and of course it's got probably the best battle system to date.
Haha :D Yes, Abyss and Dawn have also in my eyes the best storys. Abyss is probably my favourite Tales Game for the fact of the plot, and characters.

Dont you mean :D "HOW GOOD MA'AM" :D but if you're speaking of the first Radiant Myth, which should be in america ._. it's good, very repetitive, but really fun, just for the Tales Cast. The second game however, which is only in japan, is AWESOME, if you can withstand all the japanese text. The range of characters is much better. The only downside is that there is no Widdershinn (last boss of Radiant Myth, there is no spoilers, its told almost right away).

A blender? o-o what did you actually put it in a blender xD (I did ask :D)

Very true :D I just hope we dont get eaten for unrelated topic :D or should I say almost unrelated since we're still speaking of the same series~
Jun 7, 2010 6:40 AM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:
No D: I didnt meant it like that Clous, I was just saying why I did the sudden change of icon ;_; if you're that eager I can easily tell you the plot. I just cant give you the script.

A blender? o-o what did you actually put it in a blender xD (I did ask :D)

So you will tell me the story, but wont tell me the story. WORST KIND OF PERSON

My psp magically got internal screen crackage. From what I don't know. Apparently, it costs more to repair it than buying a new psp = \. So my psp now resides in a box of stuff im too lazy to unpack. Most notably inside my blender and retired card collection.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 31, 2010

114 by thebluesquiggly »»
Jun 10, 2023 9:41 PM

» Is this a standalone film?

StevenHu - Dec 28, 2013

2 by StevenHu »»
Apr 7, 2014 1:16 PM

» Is this prequel show better than the videogame?

LilKis1986 - Oct 24, 2012

4 by FullmetalRaikou »»
Aug 9, 2013 7:48 PM

» When will this come 2 the internet ?

Kawaii-Vesperia - Oct 9, 2009

37 by Red-Liquid »»
May 28, 2010 5:24 AM

» Tales of Vesperia Staff and Cast

dtshyk - Apr 6, 2009

5 by HaloX5 »»
Oct 5, 2009 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.