Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 31, 2023 9:15 PM
Feb 2019
Jul 31, 2023 9:50 PM
Dec 2020
This is the first actually interesting post I've seen on MAL... Very good observations, and although I'm not totally on board at the moment as I only just recently finished the series, I really think this theory might be plausible
Aug 1, 2023 3:16 AM
Dec 2020
nice explanation i too think that the woman was not nanako and i believe that maybe nakoshi was just going jack shit crazy after all the things that happened and was most probably lying to himself about her being nanako because he needed someone like nanako who would love him even if he's evil
Aug 2, 2023 12:08 AM
Sep 2020
I think she is Nanako, but in denial. Just like Nakoshi, she too left her past behind, got the surgery probably because the breakup gave her some insecurity complex regarding her looks, and also a determination to erase her painful past and start a new life. Nakoshi didn't actually forget his past, although it seems that he did; he forced his mind to believe his new self as the original one as if the old one never existed, because it was too shameful to him.

Nanako feels the same way. Unlike Nakoshi, she remembered her old life, but didn't want to face the painful past anymore. She denied being Nanako, because recalling the old moments were too painful for her. She rejected Nakoshi earlier saying "I hate the lips that lie" (something like that, I don't remember the exact sentence) because she recognized Nakoshi despite his plastic surgery, because she knew him personally (corner of his lips twitch upright when he lies). She saw him through his facade. In Nanako's eyes, Nakoshi was as pure as a white cloud at the time, when he hadn't turn evil. But later, she refused to see him as the cloud because she has witnessed his true self.
Red_sparklingAug 2, 2023 12:14 AM
Aug 2, 2023 12:33 PM
Apr 2021
Red_sparkling said:
I think she is Nanako, but in denial. Just like Nakoshi, she too left her past behind, got the surgery probably because the breakup gave her some insecurity complex regarding her looks, and also a determination to erase her painful past and start a new life. Nakoshi didn't actually forget his past, although it seems that he did; he forced his mind to believe his new self as the original one as if the old one never existed, because it was too shameful to him.

Nanako feels the same way. Unlike Nakoshi, she remembered her old life, but didn't want to face the painful past anymore. She denied being Nanako, because recalling the old moments were too painful for her. She rejected Nakoshi earlier saying "I hate the lips that lie" (something like that, I don't remember the exact sentence) because she recognized Nakoshi despite his plastic surgery, because she knew him personally (corner of his lips twitch upright when he lies). She saw him through his facade. In Nanako's eyes, Nakoshi was as pure as a white cloud at the time, when he hadn't turn evil. But later, she refused to see him as the cloud because she has witnessed his true self.

I agree, she even grabs his lips and then he cannot lie in that one scene. I recently finished Homunculus and I'm not sure what to think of the last arc really lol.
Feb 27, 9:40 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to InfiNitrous
Red_sparkling said:

I agree, she even grabs his lips and then he cannot lie in that one scene. I recently finished Homunculus and I'm not sure what to think of the last arc really lol.
@InfiNitrous He had grabbed his own lips in said panel.

More topics from this board

» Homunculus Volume 15 Discussion

mikzflava - Apr 3, 2013

36 by astoneon »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

» Homunculus Volume 5 Discussion

Joms - Jun 25, 2016

21 by astoneon »»
Apr 18, 2:35 PM

» Non-existence and feeling nothing

NxthingX - Jan 8

30 by NxthingX »»
Jan 11, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Homunculus Chapter 12 Discussion

avrc - Nov 12, 2008

3 by coolpowers »»
Jan 10, 3:13 PM

» Homunculus Volume 4 Discussion

Confucius - May 25, 2014

6 by AshRocksTheHell »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.