Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 15, 2022 6:43 AM
Jul 2022
well ummm .....
based on this my opinion is i am light's yagami side
in this cruel world no humans have humanity it s almost gone
and about L he is a genius in whole anime i like him honestly.but the way he died
it's just disrespect ..
Nov 15, 2022 9:48 PM
May 2021
I don't think they are hated as much as it seems. personally I think L's death came a little too suddenly, and that they should have focused more on Light's descent into madness instead of focusing on the interaction between Light, Near, and Mello.

Two 24 episode seasons, with season two focusing on the aftermath of L's death (basically drawing out the content a bit and adding some things they cut) would have given the show a better conclusion whilst still meeting the same ending.

In other words the reason they seem so hated is because the show focused on them way too much, at least in my opinion.
Nov 15, 2022 10:18 PM
Oct 2022
I like Mellow because he has his own character but I dislike Near. Near just feels like a cheap knock off of L. He just doesn't have his own character and it seems like Near thinks he can get away with anything and be reckless.
Nov 15, 2022 11:21 PM
May 2016
they're annoying.
Nov 16, 2022 12:18 AM

Mar 2019
I think the main reason is that L was just a really hard character to replace in general. You have these two main characters that have unmatched chemistry, which is argued to be one of the best in anime/manga history. You kill one of them (which I personally liked that they did this and the way it was done) and then you have this space where you developed the dynamic for these two characters for a long period of time left empty. So as a writer, you're trying to fill that void. Near seemed like a not hard enough attempt to recreate a similar experience that was there before; he just added Mello for some spice lol. He seemed like L re-skinned and didn't meet the standards that L had left. Mello seems like he was thrown in there to add a different dynamic to the really obvious L 2.0 and it just didn't play out right you know? I would've enjoyed it more if the series had ended earlier than with those two characters. It's also difficult because Light is supposed to get caught so how do you do it when you've pretty much made him the guy with the highest IQ ever? By having someone that is smarter and can surpass his intelligence; and that's where Near/Mello combo came to be. Killing L really affected the series. To me, it was great that they killed him but it made the story collapse as a consequence. Near/Mello literally feels like they're the attempt to keep the boat afloat but they just keep sinking it.
Nov 24, 2022 2:34 AM
Oct 2022
After we get such an amazing antagonist for light, being L, these two comparably, aren’t as eye catching as L was, so people look down on them. Also considering the end, 😬 kinda yah know.
Nov 29, 2022 2:43 PM

Mar 2021
I read the manga first and yeah after l died, madhouse severely cut out a lot of content. So I'm biased as an in I didn't find the second half a disappointment. I tend to reread the second half more than the first.

Mello is obviously hated for killing a ton of people including his own comrades. Near in general was written to be arrogant, especially after the original album story.
Dec 1, 2022 7:57 PM
Feb 2022
I don't like them, although I really like Near better than Mello, L was always smarter than Kira, he already knew that Light was Kira, he just had to prove it, but he literally always knew who he was Even in his death, the replacements for L is just that, they had to give the Story an end and they helped in that resolution, but for me it was a little more forced than with the L chapters, that first part was always more fluid than when Near and Mello arrived.
Dec 2, 2022 11:59 AM

Aug 2019
Softmaxx said:
I'm a huge Death Note fan 'n I'm on L's side, still I don't get the exact reason why people this duo. (Near&Mello)
When I searched bout this on Google, I found everyone has their own reason.
Some say, they ruined Death Note while others hate 'em for their personality like they think Near was a lite replacement of L, no better than him 'n cheap copy of L and xyz. But I couldn't find any good or valid reason.

You answered your own question and there's really not much else anyone here can tell you that you haven't already read before.

I will say though the anime made Near really boring compared to his manga counterpart. Not that Near was filled with personality in the manga, but he was much more of a troll in the manga and we got to hear more of his inner monologues and thought process, which made him a little more interesting compared to anime!Near, who just came across as a Mary Sue.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.