Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 16, 2023 9:59 AM

Dec 2021
Foppop said:
what the hell has happened here
What is your motive for creating an account just to stalk me
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Aug 16, 2023 12:03 PM

Aug 2023
TRC_Randy said:

(Reformatting this for space)

1. Man i gotta say your latest reply is severly filled with attempts to vilify me.

2. Besides, how exactly did he know that i intentionally didn't read it?

3."Its not an attack on you as a person, its like saying 'so this is a waste of both of our time, huh?'." ---> bruh that IS personal attack. The moment he threw in "you" into it like claiming i have ill intentions that IS ad hominem. bruh ad hominems isn't all about calling names.

4.Oh, so when HE does it it's "HIS RIGHT" but when I do it it's "YOU'RE JUST BUTTHURT TO WIN". Wow hypocrisy at its finest.

5. no it's completely ILLOGICAL. Mao or Lelouch. I asked the latter they gave me the former. They DID NOT answer my question no matter how you look at it.

6. um dude, this goes to you guys as well. Invalid criticism.

7.I never implied my view on storytelling is universally correct. It's just a rule of thumb where a piece of fiction SHOULD properly establish their characters beforehand otherwise it would come off as an asspull. Sure, anyone can say "oh but this show does it differently" and i'm open to that (and I AM someone who watches ALL kinds of anime that does ALL KINDS of different things).

8.BRUH? That paragraph says NOTHING about "how i grade anime" and "how i think anime should be made" being different. All it says is he can resonate with trash anime or vice versa. Just a "like =/= good quality". That's all there is. So the point i made previously

9.You YOURSELF just proved my point.

10. BRUH. Those are TWO DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS. Don't mix them up. Again READ
+
one concerns about breaking his own rule + pointing out that anime MUST abide by certain rules/formats etc even according to himself. Meanwhile the other is about breaking the aforementioned rule of thumb.

11. Bruh this changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. "Top tier" still WOULDN'T deduce from "exercise nut" LET ALONE beating an advanced gun system.

12. Oh yeah, another issue; a NON-ATHLETIC Lelouch saying "exercise nut" holds VERY LITTLE value let alone trying to justify all this.

13. this is pure degeneracy

14. so? How does that even prove anything?

15. where exactly does this happen? Where the hell's your ep number and time stamp?

16. "If I didn't you wouldn't reply to this! ;)"-->
BRUH WHAT KIND OF STUPID ARSE LOGIC IS THAT?

YOU REPLIED TO THAT COMMENT OF MINE SO THAT MEANS I WAS RIGHT THAT YOU DIDN'T PROVE JACK?

17. BRUH. Saying it should mean EXACTLY "show-don't-tell" means your quote of "exercise nut" is invalid now bcoz that's "SAY-DON'T-SHOW".

18.well people like me, OP and the rest alike DO NOT know and are doubting it (again, you saying this doesn't prove anything tbw).

19. then it's also perfectly in the realm of possibility

20. that he COULDN'T have made that mistake EVEN MORE SO as the miraculous Zero who thinks SEVERAL STEPS AHEAD of his opponents. Coming up with "kill him!" shoulda been a no brainer if not an OBVIOUS OPTION to him.

So the conclusion stays; it is a stupid and careless asf mistake that DOES undermine his character's status.

21. and Lelouch is NOT an average joe which even THEY can come up with it.

22. BRUH they ARE loose ends. You DID NOT read my convo with Thor did you?

and loose ends IS the texbook definition of missing information that I AM literally debating here with you lot. You destroyed your own argument again there.

Look man, you lost here. Like, Thor's answers to my questions above are all assumptions that are "missing information" you WILL NOT FIND within the show. There's NO F***ING WAY you can argue back from that.

23. and THIS is EXACTLY why i told you to F***ING READ MY COMMENTS CAREFULLY otherwise it'd lead to bloody retarded straw mans like THIS!!

+

BRUH that's NOT the issue. Rescuing someone is a no-brainer. If you switch the kidnapped from Nunnally to someone else say another student, Lelouch would defo do the same which again, Nunnally is WAY MORE than just a "someone else" character so the show SHOULD HAVE shown some EXTRA elements of reflection/care/worry etc in Lelouch's INNER MONOLOGUES amid the event.

Now, does the show do that?
NO!!

24. BRUH that is Code Geass' OWN way of executing Lelouch's character not MY thinking. It's been doing that since the beginning and at this part it suddenly doesn't. Code Geass neglecting Code Geass' own method is Code Geass' problem. Not mine.

Man, 3-5 seconds. That's all it needed to do yet failed to.

25. When Balsamina speaks it's a fact but when TRC_Randy speaks it's a misunderstanding. And finally, a straw man. No one said anything about following blueprints to the T. Besides, it was Balsamina who first brought up this whole INTJ itfp. Me giving that ep time stamp is just challenging his statement and you can't deny that it DOES contradict his. That's all.

+

urgency or not doesn't matter. Lelouch DOES act "unproductive and not goal-efficient" in that scene. That's the fact.

26. BRUH I ASKED "WHERE". Saying "throughout" DOES NOT point to "where".

Timestamp mate, timestamp (2).

27. "your opinion invalid" (3). Well tbf this is where we cannot BUT agree to disagree since enjoyment is very subjective and is arguably inarguable. That said, if anyone is at fault here it's the writers considering they failed to satisfy all their audiences.

28. A "character" is supposed to be a "person" instead of a "device" in the story and this is a general rule that applies to every piece of fiction not just Code Geass.

29. Anyway, are you still up to the task? It's getting boring now.

5. Yes, they did answer your question. It never mattered who said the information in the show. Who says it is just your own internal requirement. Literally no one else in these chain of replies care; you just have special requirements that others don't.

6. Neither Thor nor Balsamina nor myself required Code Geass to be any way specifically. You are the only person insisting it to be.

7. Yes you did. In fact you did so through both implication throughout and by your statement just now. And whether or not storytelling techniques work can be conditionally interpretted. Those who paid attention and got the information they need seem fine with it, if this thread is anything to go by.

8. You are once again demonstrating you only read what you can use to strengthen your stance and ignore everything that contradicts your stance and boy do I enjoy seeing it. :)

The process of scoring an anime is simply distinct from the process of creating one. Creation of an anime is a inalienable right of expression of the creators, irrelevant of how the show will then be perceived*. Code Geass is no exception.

9. You've made no coherent point other than that (1) you are a victim of sorts because people who disagree with you saw how tenacious and off-point your way of thinking about this topic is and that (2) Code Geass must follow your rules for storytelling and characterization for some reason. As such, I'm not quite sure what you think was proven unless you mean that there seems to be a consensus amongst others that you are hard of understanding.

10. No, no, you should read again because you were the one bringing up someone's anime rating checklist to talk about Suzaku's character presentation, trying to claim there is hypocrisy when there aren't any. I merely followed up on your words to the very end. :p

11. Its quite clear what those words in the show implies about Suzaku. If you've worked out in your life, you should know what being an exercise nut will do to your physical abilities! You become "top-tier". You know? The more you practice something, the better you get at it. It is looking like you're able to decide to perceive offense between the lines when none are intended towards you but when writers of a show try to imply information, it completely flies over your head. Fascinating.

12. Actually, other characters being impressed with Suzaku's physical abilities bring even more weight to his abilities in general. Why does Lelouch need to be athletic to comment? Trying to disqualify the credibility of narration from Lelouch when its convenient for you but requiring it and refusing to accept Mao saying it instead when it serves your ego to not be proven wrong... This only makes your whole stance's credibility look worse, I should point out.

13. I'm completely not seeing what is degenerate here. I must ask if you know what the word means. :)

14. Piloting a mecha is about agility and dexterity! SPEED, my fine lad! ;)

And so is dodging bullets from a machine gun! SPEED

Do you really have such a hard time putting 2 and 2 together!? So much so you've written probably 10 essay's worth of words with your confusion alone! :)

15. Probably episode 3-4. Likely in 4. Its roughly right before Orange got geassed in a grand spectacle.

16. Basic psychology my friend. I'm perfectly capable of reading your emotional state. As for why I reply, I simply enjoy doing so! :)

No matter how far your understanding is of the topic we are discussing or how wrong you might be on the facts regarding this show, I don't mind. Heck, the fact that you don't agree delights me. I view this debate as a sport, you know. ;)

17. So they've both shown and told the same thing in separate scenes! It just means the audience has ample time and opportunity to absorb the point that Suzaku is physically overpowered. What's the problem? Did your initial point get disproven? :)

18. Literally, the fact that you are aware of it enough to bring it up as a point proves that you are aware of it. A sharp mind would require no further explanation!

19. Ah, so if both are possible, why is it a problem that the more humanizing possibility is what happened in the show?

20. No, your conclusion is still based on your own projections on a fictional character with whom your way of thinking differs too greatly from.

21. Lelouch is human still. His expectations and perceptions of immediate reality can be quite normal. He's not a clairvoyant no matter how smart he might be, you know. Expecting it from him is asking too much. :)

22. I read the entire exchange. Your continuing exchange with your unrequited love Balsamina as well! :)

No, there weren't any lose ends. You just failed to connect the dots, so to speak. A failure to string together information to form the proper understanding that they both possess that lets them see no problems in the writing whereas you don't see the fluidity of the work because you aren't piecing information together.

23. I did. So you've finally tried to make your misunderstanding clearer. Now allow me to address it.

As usual, you fail to demonstrate basic understanding of Lelouch: he's not a true hero of justice of the kind he spouts in his propaganda within the story to garner supporters. Other than Nunnally, or at best his friends at school to a lesser extent, he'd never bother caring to rescue them per se. He's the big picture kind of guy. You'd never be able to threaten him with anyone's life except for someone dear to him. So, the fact that he goes into desperation over Nunnally, so much so that he doesn't have time to blame himself actually proves that Nunnally is not being undermined at all in importance.

24. No, Lelouch's mind has been consistently portrayed. Your insistence on projecting your own way of thought and subsequent failure to align with the inevitable deviations do not constitute any writing mistake or fault or whatever you will be terming this for the preservation of your ego.

25. I doubt everything Balsamina says ever is fact but her posts in this thread are by far much more succinct and clear in meaning than anything you have demonstrated in your massive essays full of strawmans and misunderstandings by far! Try again and try better, I say! :)

And no, there is no hypocrisy.

Do you even understand what a Myers Briggs typing is? It has some consistency but not to the degree of physics or chemistry. Most people fit a type but might change from the type or deviate a bit from the mold from time to time. The original point made by Balsamina is simply to point to plausibility that Lelouch optimizes his thinking process, fully in line with how an INTJ's mind likes to work. My point is that Lelouch picking up the phone during downtime is actually efficient use of his personal time because his priorities are not only a coup d'etat but also his school life as a cover. See? Efficiency. But, even if I was wrong, because Myers Briggs allows for flexibity and minor deviations, there is in fact, no contradiction.

26. The proof is quite literally the entire show. Please watch it again. Or actually, perhaps it might even be, please watch it properly for the first time. :)

27. Haha! I'm happy to finally see a shred of humility in you, my fine friend! Agreeing to disagree can be crucial to understanding and tolerating other people, after all. However, I must point out its rather ego-centric to insist the writers must bear some kind of blame if you don't like a show they made; its almost like you see yourself as the center these poor writers must revolve around. Frankly, in no way are they required to cater to you specifically...

28. No, that's your own requirement! :)

The best pieces of literature historically used their characters as walking personifications of ideas or ideals. Its a literary technique they might have taught you in school. A Tale of Two Cities for example did this plenty. Amongst other titles.

Lelouch here embodies "the ends justify the means" while Suzaku embodies "ends gained through contemptible means don't mean anything"... or something to that effect.

Then we have juxtaposition of these two's respective love interests, the "Princess" and the "Witch", highlighting the idealism and cynicism that guide each of their respective lovers.

The fact that the motivations and desires of these personifications still manage to seem human actually marks the beauty of this show to me and apparently many others.

29. I told you, this whole debate is sport to me! ;)

Its fun, thrilling, and entertaining!

...That said, if you're bored, you don't have to answer. I'm not forcing you. Ah, but you really ought to learn what villification, hypocrisy and strawmans are before throwing around words on things where they do not apply. Making your own definitions up will only heighten your misunderstandings when communicating with others. :)

Lastly, I appreciate that you somewhat tried to comply with my request to stay ontopic, so I'll answer points 1-4 but please try to keep these off the conversation going forward:

1. You should learn what the word villify means before using it.

Calling out your actions and lack of understanding is not the same as saying you are bad. Intelligent minds actually see the awareness of their own lack of understanding as a good thing, for example, you see. It allows them to improve themselves if they know their own shortcomings.

It is only if you think your actions and lack of understanding is somehow bad that there is anything bad being thought about at all. In other words, you are villifying yourself with your own words once someone else calls out your stuff bluntly and without frills.

2. When you repeatedly do something, the intentions don't matter anymore. You demonstrate the same lack of understanding when conversing with me.

3. Do check what ad hominem is. Calling out your demonstrated actions or inabilities in a debate do not qualify. Nowhere did anyone say you are a bad person nor were you labeled with any insulting word. If you take everything that's not self-validation as insult, I recommend for your own good not to engage. :)

4. You are not doing the same thing as she is so your usage of the word hypocrisy is quite wrong here. You are going around trying to discredit people's arguments with stuff such as their account age or accusing people of being alts for having an opposing stance as you. Neither user sharing my stance in this debate did that. Please learn to properly model concepts in your mind before slapping mere buzzwords to everything that unintentionally upsets you. Lol.
LieLikeVortigernAug 16, 2023 3:11 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.