Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 2, 2022 2:37 AM
Jun 2022
Re Zero Has Quickly Grown to be my favourite show of all time and after watching season 2 I want to know what happens next and how the story proceeds, I was wondering if it’s worth reading the light novel or if I should wait 4 or so years for season 3, And if I start reading the light novel what chapter does season 2 end on and where should I continue from the anime
Aug 2, 2022 2:47 AM
Apr 2021
you can read the web novel on witch cult translations, read from arc 4 interlude. the story only gets better from here
Aug 2, 2022 2:56 AM
Sep 2021
The anime has lot of cut content from both seasons so first watch the cut content videos from youtube.
The anime has adapted upto the second last chapter of arc 4(Volume 15).
Yes, it is very much worth it to read the LN but the english translation is far behind. The official japanese ones is at volume 30(arc 7) where as English is at 19(arc 5).
So you can read the WN instead from Witch Cult Translation which is nearly caught up with the story.
Aug 2, 2022 3:04 AM
Mar 2021
sayandip_20 said:
The anime has lot of cut content from both seasons so first watch the cut content videos from youtube.
Yes, it is very much worth it to read the LN but the english translation is far behind. The official japanese ones is at volume 30(arc 7) where as English is at 19(arc 5).
So you can read the WN instead from Witch Cult Translation which is nearly caught up with the story.

What's the difference of the rezero light novel and the web novel so far?
Aug 2, 2022 3:04 AM
Nov 2020
Yeah, definitely go for it if you liked the anime. If you want to continue from where the anime left off, start from either volume 16 or chapter 1 of arc 5 on witchculttranslations. I would recommend starting from volume 1 because there is quite a bit of cut content and you'll understand the characters a lot better. If not, then at least go to the subreddit's post anime guide and check out the cut content page. Most other questions will also be answered in the post anime guide.

Also note that the english light novel translations are only up to volume 19. Most people consider the light novel version of arc 5 to be significantly better than the web novel counterpart. You could wait for volume 20 which comes out in november and concludes arc 5, and then transition to the web novel. Anyway, you have a lot of content ahead of you so the wait shouldn't be too bad.
RezzubsAug 2, 2022 8:04 AM
Aug 2, 2022 3:11 AM
Sep 2021
Bumbocowards said:
sayandip_20 said:

What's the difference of the re zero light novel and the web novel so far?

They are like 90% similar. WN is a rough draft with lot of dialogue, inner monologue, wierd pacing but it has also more info whereas LN is compact version with shortened dialogue. The skeleton of the plot is same. I prefer the WN for the foreshadowing,lore, world building and better understanding of characters.
sayandip_20Aug 2, 2022 3:23 AM
Aug 2, 2022 6:04 AM

Jul 2021
It is very much worth it. You can read the web novel, starting from the last chapter of arc 4 iirc

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Aug 2, 2022 6:10 AM

Jan 2021
The light novel is the best thing i've ever read so yeah, it is worth reading. Thank me when you get to arc 6
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Aug 2, 2022 6:41 AM

Jan 2019
Read Light Novel version of Arc 5 (last volume will be translated in 1-2 months)
then Read Web Novel version of the rest.

I recommend starting from the beginning or atleast read every cut content up to that point.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Aug 2, 2022 6:45 AM
Mar 2021
ReezesPuffs said:
Re Zero Has Quickly Grown to be my favourite show of all time and after watching season 2 I want to know what happens next and how the story proceeds, I was wondering if it’s worth reading the light novel or if I should wait 4 or so years for season 3, And if I start reading the light novel what chapter does season 2 end on and where should I continue from the anime

Yep for sure. Imo the LN is better than the anime in several aspects. The only thing u will be missing out on while reading the LN or WN is re:zeros top tier music and osts lmao. I suggest reading the last chapter of vol 15 LN and then jumping into vol 16 which starts arc 5. Or you could also read the WNs which I’ve heard are really good too (I’m currently on vol 19 LN so idk what the WN is like). Also watch the cut content vids on yt since there are several important things that the anime cut.
GalacticarnavAug 2, 2022 6:53 AM
Aug 2, 2022 10:11 AM
Jan 2021
Okeanix said:
Read Light Novel version of Arc 5 (last volume will be translated in 1-2 months)

I recommend starting from the beginning or atleast read every cut content up to that point.

Is there a certain place where I can find all the cut content? I just want to read arc 5 onwards
Aug 2, 2022 10:39 AM
May 2021
Oremonogatari said:
Okeanix said:

Is there a certain place where I can find all the cut content? I just want to read arc 5 onwards

I'm pretty sure you can search up Re:Zero cut content on youtube and find all of it.
Aug 2, 2022 9:40 PM
Jul 2015
reading the WN could rank up there with one of the best literary decisions of your life. but I'm also biased, so there's that.

s2 covered all of arc 4, obviously with things cut here and there, so the starting point would be arc 5.

it's currently up to arc 7, with chapters having been recently released again after a short break.

personally I would say start from the start of arc 4. it'll be familiar for the most part, and might ease you in better to how everything is structured writing wise.

should also note that there's a bunch of side stories that I believe are canon, as well as other "IF" stories that show us how the alternate choices Subaru didn't make would have played out. the scene that flashes by when gluttony eats is actually from one of those IF stories.
Aug 3, 2022 5:14 AM
Jun 2021
interesting (guess I'll maybe start the LN first then read it all in the web novel version)
Aug 3, 2022 8:13 PM
Mar 2021
Yes, it's worth reading.
As a side note, ignore these comments telling you to read the web novel. It isn't canon, and the light novel is more refined anyway. Not to mention you can buy the light novel to support the author.
That saying, if you're broke and don't one piece, read the web novel I guess.
I don't know when it picks off as I'm currently in arc 4 of the LN, but I highly recommend you start from the beginning. Do what you want though.
Aug 4, 2022 4:43 PM
Mar 2022
yes it is worth reading.

More topics from this board

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

616 by 2772510 »»
Apr 18, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

489 by Salah_og »»
Apr 8, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Best thing about Re:Zero Poll

AshTheChamp - Jan 5

27 by kecri »»
Apr 3, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jan 13, 2021

621 by haminshamin »»
Apr 3, 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.