Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2022 11:39 AM

May 2022
(for context) I think ayaya meme is the most known anime meme amongst all the people. Of course people who don't watch anime only know the "ayaya" phrase and there is nothing surprising about it however...

I don't know if it's just me or something but i feel that for people that do watch anime that is exactly the same case. I have met many many people who either are weebs or just casuals and only 2 of them (who are extreme weebs) knew what kiniro mosaic was. On the other side almost every person (both non watchers, casuals and weebs) i have met knew the ayaya meme.

Is this not kind of ironic that such iconic series isn't "iconic" but more like just the shadow of ayaya meme? (ignoring the fact that most people don't see that shadow anyway)
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Jun 29, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 2019
I've always found it weird too. Kiniro Mosaic is very loved too though by the few that do watch it.
Jun 29, 2022 12:45 PM

May 2022
cringeylazy said:
I've always found it weird too. Kiniro Mosaic is very loved too though by the few that do watch it.

i surely won't let ogs forget it and new people not hear about it. I will carry its legacy till my days are numbered
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Jun 29, 2022 1:23 PM
Jul 2021
What good times... I still remember when I laughed my ass off watching this anime, besides the fact that it was the first time I saw an anime speak in several languages, in addition to the fact that there were foreigners.

Jun 29, 2022 1:57 PM
Dec 2019
I still appreciate Kiniro Mosaic very much. Originally I got introduced to it because I liked the Genre and Taneda Risa has a voice actress role in it the Ayaya meme only played a minor role. Till this day I still listen daily to their music. Definitely such a good anime, but I think most people dont really watch a lot of "Cute girls doing cute things".
Jun 30, 2022 1:01 PM

Apr 2021
I agree that the Ayaya meme is iconic, but I would argue that “Omae wa mou shindeiru” is probably just as popular. There’s quite a few anime memes that are crazy popular, with that one being the top of my mind. Giorno’s theme also comes to mind. But it is funny that such a relatively small anime has such a popular meme. I’m also fairly certain that a good chunk of people, me included, originally wanted to watch it because of the ayaya meme.

Edit: I'm not saying wanting to watch it because of the ayaya meme is bad, I'm just saying that's a way that it gained popularity. Personally, I think this anime is in my top ten favs, I really enjoyed it. What I'm saying is I and probably quite a few fans of the series wouln't have watched it without hearing about the ayaya meme and then checking it out to see if it was something they wanted to watch.
Munch_28Jul 1, 2022 12:46 PM
Jun 30, 2022 2:33 PM

May 2022
Swagman_28 said:
I agree that the Ayaya meme is iconic, but I would argue that “Omae wa mou shindeiru” is probably just as popular. There’s quite a few anime memes that are crazy popular, with that one being the top of my mind. Giorno’s theme also comes to mind. But it is funny that such a relatively small anime has such a popular meme. I’m also fairly certain that a good chunk of people, me included, originally wanted to watch it because of the ayaya meme.

well as long as you watched it... does it really matter why? i don't think so.
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Jul 1, 2022 1:41 AM
Dec 2020
I met kiniro mosaic with ayaya meme and I started watching. I was bored while watching that's why I dropped when I finished s1. Maybe I will give 2nd chance.
Jul 1, 2022 1:43 AM

May 2022
Carmdamavoo said:
I met kiniro mosaic with ayaya meme and I started watching. I was bored while watching that's why I dropped when I finished s1. Maybe I will give 2nd chance.

Not really sure how you got bored while watching that but you surely should give it a 2nd chance
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Jul 23, 2022 1:26 PM

May 2020
The naruto run is easily the most popular anime joke ever

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jul 6, 2013

208 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2013

183 by Nex1014 »»
Mar 8, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 17, 2013

73 by ChibiiiAlex »»
Feb 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 7, 2013

69 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 31, 2013

90 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 2, 2023 8:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.