Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2022 8:57 PM

Jan 2022
If I'm talking about skipping a series, or a need to watch, note that these are personnal preferences. In the first paragraph, I'm explaing a bit about each series. Below that, it's the 3 watch orders I came up with, with a small explanation.

Feel free to skip the first series (Toppa). It's both an action and SOL series which isn't produced very well, and has a bad ending. A nice watch, but not on the same cailber as some others from the series. Watch Dan (more plot focused, an isekai), then Brave (a direct sequel to Dan, but a reverse isekai kinda) if you liked Dan. You can now either watch the sequel series to Brave (Saga Brave), or Heroes. Heroes is much more SOL, and introduces a new mechanic, while Saga Brave continues with the plot of Brave. The difficulty is that the new mechanic in Heroes is used in Saga Brave and it's sequels, so it shouldn't be skipped. However, the sequel to Heroes, Sword-Eyes, also explains the new feature when it's first used, so you could skip over Heroes for this one. Sword-Eyes is a more plot driven story, that I liked more than any other Battle spirits series (excluding Saga Brave, and possibly Mirage). Feel free to see my review. Zero also introduces a new feature, but it doesn't explain it much. It takes a more kid-friendly comedic approach, and is very bizarre in nature. It's not a bad series, but it's very different. Following is Burning Soul. It introduces the soul core mechanic, and that's about it. I would skip it, the plot is basic. Then, Double Drive. Not all episodes are available in sub or even in raw, as of the time of writting this, so I have nothing to say on the show. It supposedly doesn't introduce any new mechanic. Following is Saga Brave (if you haven't already watched it), then Galette's revolution is a sequel to Saga Brave, set a few hundred years in the future. The plot rehashes a lot of Brave, but it sets up for Mirage, the sequel to Galette's revolution. Mirage is a direct continuation to Galette's revolution, a few years into the future. It concludes the prior series nicely, and is just great on every front.

There are 3 watch orders. If you want Dan's storyline, then it goes Dan, Brave, Saga Brave, Galette's revolution, Mirage. Every other series is a stand alone (except for sword eyes, which is a 50 episode show split into 29 and 21 episodes, for some reason).

If you want to watch in order of release, it's Toppa, Dan, Brave, Heroes, Sword-Eyes, Sword-Eyes part 2, Zero, Burning Soul, Double Drive, Saga Brave, Galette's revolution, Mirage.

If you want to get the gist of the game before starting, I found the series to best explain the game was Burning Soul. It's a mediocre series, but you get what you need about the basic game in 2 episodes. It also explains mechanics introduced in Brave, Heroes and Zero, but that would require going through at least half the episodes, and I would recommend watching those series instead. However, it also introduces the soul core, which is a new mechanic seen in the future instalments. The next best series to explain the game is Sword-Eyes, which I don't recommend to drop. After watching it, you have what you need for all the prequels, and for Zero. DON'T WATCH BRAVE BEFORE DAN, though.
TL;DR of the above paragraph: watch 2 episodes of Burning Soul, then start at Toppa or Dan. Or, watch all of Sword-Eyes, then go with Toppa, Dan, Heroes, Zero, Burning Soul or Double Drive.
So, if you want to watch the Dan's series after having learned the card game, then it's 2 episodes of Burning Soul, Dan, Brave, Heroes (at least 1 episode), Zero (at least 1 episode), Saga Brave, Galette's revolution, Mirage. Or if you take the Sword eyes route, you need to watch the 2 episodes of Burning Soul before Saga Brave (that or Double Drive).

Feel free to provide feedback or ask questions. If there's a better place for me to post this, then I'm willing to move it.
Edit: Added links for each entry. Will add links to evry name instance in the near future.
Bidoof_PMD-EOSAug 12, 2023 11:28 AM

More topics from this board

» [NEWS] Second Season of Battle Spirits Announced [Update]

dtshyk - May 26, 2009

0 by dtshyk »»
May 26, 2009 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.