Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2020
I understand they had it planned since season 1, but it kinda seems it just has no chance of working at this point. Season 4 (which I liked overall) was basically "they don't work as a couple: the show". They spend half a sceason chickening out of doing anything (they're supposedly two adults in their mid to late 20s by the way), then Retsuko makes a move (once), they go on a date (once), then the rest of the season is them lying & being assholes to each other. I don't really get how they're still supposedly a couple after all of that.

There is zero instances of what can be considered "romantic chemistry between Haida and Retsuko" in the entire season. Moreover, there is zero instances of that in the entire show!!! Manaka outright explains why their personalities don't work together; she's spot on. Haida's bromance with Feneco gives a more compelling chemistry than whatever he has with Retsuko. Haida and Inui had chemistry. It's not like those characters are unfit for a romance, they just really do not work together.

At this point they should just go with Retsuko/Tadano & Haida/Inui; or no one/no one for that matter. I don't think they could make it work in season 5, or ever.
Jan 11, 2022 7:07 PM
Dec 2019
I agree, they have to drop the Retsuko/Haida relationship. While they set it up several seasons ago, the show (and especially Retsuko) has changed so much, and clearly based on this season alone, they would not work out. You’re right, they have no chemistry and they’re terrible to each other. What annoys me the most is how this season made me dislike Haida, when I really felt neutral to him for the past few seasons. In season one, their relationship was cute, but in my opinion, Retsuko deserves someone better than him at this point.
Jan 11, 2022 7:35 PM
Oct 2015
Last season was like a filler season :( the only changes was Haida left the company but 10 episodes just for that. About your question, yes, after S4, he doesn't deserve her.
Jan 11, 2022 8:05 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Yeah I kinda want it to drop too, maybe there is hope but not with that last season.
Jan 13, 2022 11:49 PM
Dec 2019
SPOILER ALERT

THIS COMMENT CONTAIN SEASON 4 SPOILER

They already dropped it, Haida is not anymore in Retsuko's work life, For only my opinion and guesses, the case are 2:

1) Fenneko is still in contact with haida so she will arrange other dates like hell, it is the worst case

2) next season will be a bomb of new things especially regarding Retsuko's work and love relationship

2.5) Maybe Tadano will change his, imo, his immature view lf love and maybe return dating successfully Retsuko (Tadano and Retsuko are still in contact as seen in S4)
Jan 15, 2022 6:20 AM

Sep 2020
Orla_Orla said:
They already dropped it, Haida is not anymore in Retsuko's work life

they seem to still be dating though? they looked very much like a couple in the final scene of the season.
Jan 30, 2022 4:51 PM
Apr 2021
Absolutely, i don't see the chemistry

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 4th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Dec 16, 2021

38 by Titadou »»
Mar 30, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 4th Season Episode 7 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Dec 16, 2021

7 by Titadou »»
Mar 10, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 4th Season Episode 5 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Dec 16, 2021

12 by Titadou »»
Mar 9, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 4th Season Episode 6 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Dec 16, 2021

10 by ELuck42 »»
Jan 20, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 4th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Dec 16, 2021

7 by nostalgiaas »»
Nov 2, 2022 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.