Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2021 8:50 PM

Sep 2020
In the spirit of adventure, I challenge you to post a song you like and listen to the songs of others.

To get things rolling, I will start with the new ED for Dragon Quest. I imagine that there are not that many people here on MAL actually watching this anime since it looks juvenile and simplistic, but it has had 3 out of 5 OP/ED songs that I just love , so give it a listen and post something that you love because everybody needs music (whether they know it or not) and I, for one, would love to hear some more.

Name by the Humbreaders
nerdgirl42Oct 2, 2021 8:59 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 28, 2021 5:51 AM

Jan 2021
I hope the fact that I'm showing up to this topic fashionably late is alright with you guys!

I gave "Dai no Daibouken" and I love it! Definitely going on my playlist! So chill, it's sweet pop and jazz-esque instrumental definitely gives it a unique style.

As for my part, wow I could talk all day about my favorite OPs and EDs, there's endless amounts of incredible music being devoted to anime and I couldn't appreciate it more!

The song I've chosen to share here is "Apple Tea no Aji" which was featured in Absolute Duo, a relatively lesser known show. Most would agree the show is just decent, but the music is fantastic! Both the op and ed are on my playlist and this one personally always puts me in a good mood!

Please give it a listen!:
Apple Tea No Aji
Dec 28, 2021 11:34 AM

Sep 2020
@JohnCarlisle
Thank you so much for the music! Any time you want to share some music, please do. There is no such thing as "too late" with any of the topics in this club and music is for always :)
Dec 29, 2021 1:35 PM

Sep 2020
平行線 - Eve × suis from ヨルシカ MV
I love Eve's animated videos. This one is my favorite so far.
Dec 29, 2021 3:18 PM

Jan 2021
Oh wow you know how to pick them!

Even if you somehow ignore that blissful instrumental and singing, the art is incredible!!
I think we need to petition to make this an anime!! (ಥ _ ಥ)

I'd also like to share a personal favorite classic of mine: "Let Me Be With You" by ROUND TABLE, featured in Chobits. I'm not super experienced in anime early 2000's and earlier, but this show has been a long-standing favorite of mine.

The catchy intro always put me in the best mood possible, ready to watch another episode of this obscure underrated show.

Let Me Be With You
Dec 29, 2021 4:18 PM

Sep 2020
It is actually listed here on MAL, so technically it is an anime. Heikousen

I loved Chobits, it was a great anime.

I will post this song from LiSA;
Antihero
Dec 29, 2021 5:57 PM

Jan 2021
I won't lie, just about everything LiSA puts out is amazing, so I give this one a thumbs-up as well- to no one's surprise.

I love sharing anime-related content, especially music as it truly is one of the lasting joys of anime in my opinion. So for my next entry, I'd like to step away from OPs in EDs for a moment to appreciate soundtracks. Too much work goes into them, and too few people seem to really appreciate them, so I'd like to highlight one of my favorites!
~~
Before I do though, I should say this show is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. I know it's not great, but I love it because it was my first magic-school anime! It introduced me to a world of magic and fun that I still adore to this day!

Now with that being said: I think objectively the soundtrack is pretty amazing in this show! I could link a dozen pieces from the soundtrack, but I'll stick to just a couple for now...

Here they are, please enjoy:
Gentle Hand
World Break - Prologue
Dec 29, 2021 10:16 PM

Sep 2020
Those are beautiful. I will have to watch that anime now.

This music thread is not actually meant for just OP, ED or even soundtracks, but for Japanese bands and music that people enjoy since I was into Japanese music before I got into anime.

That said, my favorite soundtrack music is still (and probably will always be) from Naruto:
Morning
Naruto's Theme
Every song is perfectly fitted to the scene that it accompanies.
nerdgirl42Dec 29, 2021 10:20 PM
Dec 30, 2021 9:30 AM

Jan 2021
I haven't seen the entirety of Naruto, I think I stopped somewhere around 200 episodes after getting admittedly a bit fed up with all the filler.
However, I will definitely have to agree the music is incredible in this series! From start to finish it is genuinely blissful.

I'm shocked that an OST for Naruto can include songs like Morning though, in such a badass high action fighting series. It's so calming, I adore that one... May have to throw it on my playlist for chill vibes.
Jan 1, 2022 4:58 PM

Sep 2020
Though many may find the anime somewhat juvenile, Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) has some wonderful music. It's also a fun anime if you can put away your adult side for a while.
mother by Macaroni Empitsu
Jan 1, 2022 10:20 PM

Jan 2021
You're so right @nerdgirl42 !
This show is firing on all cylinders concerning music thus far for me!
I think I'm adding another song from this show onto my playlist now, lol.

Sidenote: I accidentally went on a deep dive into Macaroni Empitsu, looks like they're really making strides as a band lately! I loved this new song Expectations for a happy ending, which is not only a song on their first major album release THIS MONTH, but it's also a theme song for a movie by the name of "Young People at Dawn" by my research. I hope these guys can really take off, because I am suddenly a big fan!
(★ ω ★)
Jan 2, 2022 5:41 AM

Sep 2020
Yeah, they seem to be an up and coming thing. I like their style.

I found this next on on my neverending search for more jpop:
Namae no nai ao by Kamisama, I have noticed
Jan 8, 2022 11:09 PM

Sep 2020
I have never seen the anime, but I love this song from Fairy Tail;
Snow Fairy
Jan 11, 2022 3:09 PM

Jan 2021
I haven't seen Fairy Tail either, but that was a good time! I wonder what other kind of music they have to offer, I haven't investigated like I do with many Shounen series...

Speaking of music from shows we haven't seen, this song from Yuru Camp always puts a grin the size of Jupiter on my face:

Shiny Days
Jan 11, 2022 11:40 PM

Sep 2020
That was a fun one! I completely forgot about it. Yuru Camp was a cute anime with short episodes. Not for everyone maybe, but still a nice watch.

This is not from an anime, just an old song that I like:
heart by Do As Infinity
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions

nerdgirl42 - Jun 16, 2021

4 by Felix_Waifu-333 »»
Aug 29, 2022 5:39 PM

Sticky: » Member Cards

nerdgirl42 - Jun 17, 2021

15 by fausifahrial »»
Aug 28, 2022 2:49 AM

» Thank You: sometimes it's good to say it.

nerdgirl42 - Jan 31, 2021

2 by nerdgirl42 »»
Aug 8, 2022 3:41 PM

» Anime Associations ( 1 2 3 )

nerdgirl42 - Sep 11, 2021

116 by nerdgirl42 »»
May 23, 2022 8:01 PM

Sticky: » Request an Edition

Dainosuke - Aug 21, 2021

4 by nerdgirl42 »»
Sep 5, 2021 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.