Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would this have worked better as the beginning of Season 2?
Apr 30, 2021 7:50 PM

Nov 2020
As much as I liked this movie, I couldn't help but feel it was a tad underwhelming since the arc itself doesn't make for a very cinematic experience despite the length. Compared to other anime movies like the My Hero ones, which are cash-grabs to be fair, this story doesn't really give us anything climactic or worthy of the big screen, instead feeling like a long monster of the week episode with a last minute villain meant to set up future storylines. Made me think that it might've fared better as the first 4-5 episodes of Season 2, fixing the slow pacing of the first half with each part of the arc having its own episode. And as far as animation goes it would look about the same since the first season was basically movie level already, and that quality would only continue, movie budget or not. So what do you guys think?
ScottMericaApr 30, 2021 7:56 PM
Are ya winning, diners?
Apr 30, 2021 7:57 PM

Jan 2020
Eh. It made lots of money and that's what important

Apr 30, 2021 8:03 PM
Jan 2021
Well, I don't think ufotable saw this coming. They made the film just to adjust the series. And I think movie is a better choice. I don't think entertainment arc needs a good start as its start is already good and keeps getting on better.
Apr 30, 2021 8:08 PM

Mar 2021
I would disagree, demon slayer have a pretty standard shounen story where it’s not amazing but ufotable’s production kinda raised it to its glory. IDK if you watch it in the theatre or with the leak but these two are completely different experience. Been ufotable simp for the longest time I very much enjoy the cinematic experience with the top notch animation and OST.
Apr 30, 2021 8:09 PM

Dec 2019
ManWild said:
Eh. It made lots of money and that's what important

yup more moneys for the execs but hopefully it'll go towards the author and the anime industry for the production of other shows
Apr 30, 2021 8:15 PM

Dec 2019
LustKamisama said:
I would disagree, demon slayer have a pretty standard shounen story where it’s not amazing but it’s ufotable production kinda raised it to its glory. IDK if you watch it in the theatre or with the leak but these two are completely different experience. Been ufotable simp for the longest time I very much enjoy the cinematic experience with the top notch animation and OST.

true its like Gurren Lagann in a way where the story is relatively simple
but the production value is insanely good though it would be hard to compare them side by side since Gainax and Ufotable are different studios with different methodologies, artstyle's, and techniques to the practice of animation with the latter being more ingrained in beautifully digitally generated backgrounds with 2d animation on top of them

plus movie vs anime is much different than just the runtimes it also has to do with the theatre take in revenue and the hype and promotion for the film that draws in bigger crowds and more money and buzz also think of the dvd or blu ray sales afterwards it'll be great

Apr 30, 2021 8:18 PM

Dec 2019
Piyush-At-Animes said:
Well, I don't think ufotable saw this coming. They made the film just to adjust the series. And I think movie is a better choice. I don't think entertainment arc needs a good start as its start is already good and keeps getting on better.

true it would be too much to ask to cram both the train arc and and the entertainment arc into one season it would be to bloated I appreciate that Ufotable realizes the fast paced nature of the series is not always a good thing and that they need to pace it in a realistic manner for the adaptation which is my theory on why they went the movie route that and sales figures
Apr 30, 2021 8:29 PM
Oct 2019
Well, with the budget of 500 million Yen plus 200 million Yen for advertisement, the revenue from the Japan market alone (39.81 billion Yen now) is enough to satisfy the greediest CEO. I believe no one had foreseen this massive success when they had planned the movie in 2019.

I hope Ufotable, Aniplex, and Shueisha will not screw up this golden opportunity by cutting corner in production or changing the original plot. If they do that, they will be the dumbest anime producing committee Japan ever has :). The Promised Neverland's season 2 is a recently typical example that Ufotable needs to avoid.
Apr 30, 2021 8:53 PM
Nov 2019
ScottMerica said:
As much as I liked this movie, I couldn't help but feel it was a tad underwhelming since the arc itself doesn't make for a very cinematic experience despite the length. Compared to other anime movies like the My Hero ones, which are cash-grabs to be fair, this story doesn't really give us anything climactic or worthy of the big screen, instead feeling like a long monster of the week episode with a last minute villain meant to set up future storylines. Made me think that it might've fared better as the first 4-5 episodes of Season 2, fixing the slow pacing of the first half with each part of the arc having its own episode. And as far as animation goes it would look about the same since the first season was basically movie level already, and that quality would only continue, movie budget or not. So what do you guys think?

I mean, I think the movie budget propells it beyond. So I'm not complaining.
Apr 30, 2021 8:53 PM
Nov 2019
ScottMerica said:

I mean, I think the movie budget propells it beyond. So I'm not complaining.
Apr 30, 2021 9:35 PM
Jan 2021
Elvarth said:
Well, with the budget of 500 million Yen plus 200 million Yen for advertisement, the revenue from the Japan market alone (39.81 billion Yen now) is enough to satisfy the greediest CEO. I believe no one had foreseen this massive success when they had planned the movie in 2019.

I hope Ufotable, Aniplex, and Shueisha will not screw up this golden opportunity by cutting corner in production or changing the original plot. If they do that, they will be the dumbest anime producing committee Japan ever has :). The Promised Neverland's season 2 is a recently typical example that Ufotable needs to avoid.
I agree. Messing with the original source; the #8 most sold manga might bring an end to Demon Slayer anime dethroning victories.
At this point, where Demon Slayer is standing, I don't think animation is the only reason Demon Slayer is so successful.
Apr 30, 2021 9:52 PM
Jul 2020
Elvarth said:

If they want to miss it up they wouldn't make a movie just for one arc
Apr 30, 2021 9:54 PM
Oct 2020
No.I think it was a smart call to make a movie instead of a few episodes
Apr 30, 2021 11:06 PM
Mar 2020
I feel like it wouldn’t have been as sad if a hashira died on like the 3rd episode. Off topic, but I swear I’ve been spoiled so much stuff in demon slayer. Like why😂
May 1, 2021 12:33 AM
Apr 2021
I honestly thought it was perfect how they did it well besides the ending and it made me left with a lot of question. Like will in continue from there or what? I liked it but at the same time I don’t think it had to be a movie it could have just been in the anime probably I haven’t read the manga yet but will here soon so I know a little more.
May 1, 2021 12:35 AM
Apr 2021
I believe it was very smart to do it as a movie. It’s an arc in itself but it’s a shorter arc and making a whole season out of it would have added a lot of filler that we didn’t need. It also really gives the watcher a pang of sadness when we lose rengoku. I do very much hope that they give him a spin-off movie or mini season just so we can see more of his moves and some of his fights because he is a very cool character.
May 2, 2021 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
Given how strong the climax of this movie is, I don't think it would ever work as a short arc at the start of a TV anime season.
May 2, 2021 2:41 AM

Jul 2013
I would have rather watched this movie as like, 5 episodes. Still, the final fight was fantastic, and would look great on the big screen (only watched on my computer so far).

Keep in mind that I have only read the Mugen Train arc of the manga, so I can't be sure about the pacing and length of the other arcs and what would fit best in a season.

I can tell you that it was much more exciting to see the Mugen Train fights animated than it was to read it on a manga page.

The movie made a huge amount of money, and since Demon Slayer is pretty much the hottest property out there if the lines to buy the manga volumes in Japan says anything. I hope this means that ufotable puts the same (or better) quality that they did in the first season into the second and subsequent seasons. They've got this incredible source material, so they're going to get raked over the coals if they screw it up. (I doubt they will, because again, Demon Slayer is EXTREMELY popular). Thanks to the movie success, they'll probably have a bigger budget for the anime.
May 2, 2021 6:16 AM
Sep 2019
I WANT SEASON 2 IMMEDIATELY THEY CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT HERE NOO- soon I'll get over it 😭
May 2, 2021 7:25 AM

Aug 2019
Not really. The arc was a relatively small one which took the equivalent of six anime episodes to complete. It was obviously a good decision to adapt it into a movie.

If I'm not mistaken the RLD arc is more drawn out which works into one cour.

Dec 2, 2021 7:52 PM

Nov 2020
Well I guess we can choose which version we prefer now lol.
Are ya winning, diners?
Dec 3, 2021 12:59 PM

Jul 2021
ehh I'm fine either way

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Oct 19, 2020

395 by Ilookgood »»
Feb 26, 9:44 PM

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

60 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 7, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.