Feb 21, 2021 6:20 AM
Nov 2020
Why they continue doing this series?
Main Candies:
Kabo-chan's candies:
Bonus Candies: x3
Mar 17, 2021 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
well, to sum it up: duel masters is a MASSIVE franchise in japan, that's why.

it's also the franchises' 20th anniversary this year, so don't expect the anime to stop anytime soon.
Apr 5, 2021 2:43 AM
Jan 2018
gabuz52 said:

The same reason why Pokemon, Digimon, Precure, Yu-Gi-Oh etc are still continuing their series: because it's still popular in Japan. Simple as that.

Oh, and if you intend to do a bait forum post from the start, at least make it more elaborate, lol.
Apr 5, 2021 3:58 AM
Nov 2020
sayosamonji_ said:
gabuz52 said:

The same reason why Pokemon, Digimon, Precure, Yu-Gi-Oh etc are still continuing their series: because it's still popular in Japan. Simple as that.

Oh, and if you intend to do a bait forum post from the start, at least make it more elaborate, lol.
i didn't pretendend to do a bait forum, i just don't knew this is popular in japan
Main Candies:
Kabo-chan's candies:
Bonus Candies: x3
Apr 7, 2021 4:54 AM

Jan 2017
I have kind of stopped watching the series since King started. Not that really much has changed, but I at least had some fun with the first three seasons, watching them somewhere in the background. The art style of King is cheaper and so feels the story.

For the new season I don't expect anything to change at all. So I will look into some episode, watch the opening and ending songs and then hope that next year, they somehow are willing to spend more money again.
The manga of Duel Master/King is really not bad. How did they think such a hard drop in quality from !! to King would be a good idea?
Apr 19, 2021 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
zeruon said:
I have kind of stopped watching the series since King started. Not that really much has changed, but I at least had some fun with the first three seasons, watching them somewhere in the background. The art style of King is cheaper and so feels the story.

For the new season I don't expect anything to change at all. So I will look into some episode, watch the opening and ending songs and then hope that next year, they somehow are willing to spend more money again.
The manga of Duel Master/King is really not bad. How did they think such a hard drop in quality from !! to King would be a good idea?

i think its due to the change in studio, from ascension to brain's base. because of that, the style changed drastically. i was really disappointed myself because the main writer also changed - a lot of the more serious elements seemed to fade into the background. not to mention animation quality dropping significantly due to COVID, etc.

however, the newest king season seems to be an improvement. so i'd recommend checking it out if you're curious. the art has improved a considerable amount, and it seems like the team has a better grasp of the characters/story. it's also the 20th anniversary season, so im assuming they'll be funding more into it as time goes on.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.