Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 18, 2021 1:38 AM
Dec 2019
This is what I've gathered through my read:

The deaths of A-ya, B-ko, C-ta and D-ne were part of the movie. The bookmark and book were also part of the film. Nothing that happened is real. The reason it was cut half-way through D-ne's hide and seek was because that's when disaater stuck the cast. (They were working on their Revival Project at school)
A disaster DID happen with E-ki, A-no, D-suke, B-ka and C-na's group. The disater's culprit was never caught, with E-ki stuck on life support. It didn't make any sense, but I think that was the entire point.
The real A-ya, B-ko, C-ta and D-ne are alive and well, joined by E-ki's relative, E-nori, who is searching for the truth of what happened to E-ki and his friends.

Well that was what I gathered. It isn't much and it's probably wrong but it is what it is.
Feb 6, 2023 6:06 AM
Dec 2013
It would make sense that way, but the second run of the Occult Club's game is fully-written in the novel; it was just cut after D-ne's part in the manga for some reason. (Maybe because they felt that it'd be too repetitive? But some events did differ, like the urban legends that the others were assigned, and who killed who...)

For now, I think the real Occult Club is alive... but E-noru bringing them to see E-ki and telling them about him (this happens in the 4th novel) might end up kickstarting the game again? So I almost feel like the story is meant to be circular, by starting with the Occult Club dying from messing with the Bookmark of Demise, and then ending the same way. But ultimately, we'll never know for sure, because due to the whole Suzumu plagiarizing situation, the 5th novel was never published.

That said, I did appreciate that the manga artist gave W-sensei some more screentime. Like, from what I can tell, none of that stuff with W-sensei hunting for evidence to find out the truth of the Film Club's deaths actually happened in the novel. So the two stories ended up somewhat different when it came to how novel 4 was presented, but also had some scenes that were exactly the same? 

But that makes examining it interesting, I suppose. Shuuen has a lot of repetition and parallels, both intentionally and probably sometimes not? But because of how it was cut off, I'm not surprised that it ended up being abrupt and confusing to some degree. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuuen no Shiori Chapter 33 Discussion

Desmondus - Feb 18, 2021

0 by Desmondus »»
Feb 18, 2021 1:30 AM

Poll: » Shuuen no Shiori Chapter 32 Discussion

Desmondus - Feb 18, 2021

0 by Desmondus »»
Feb 18, 2021 1:22 AM

Poll: » Shuuen no Shiori Chapter 30 Discussion

Desmondus - Feb 18, 2021

0 by Desmondus »»
Feb 18, 2021 1:16 AM

Poll: » Shuuen no Shiori Chapter 31 Discussion

Desmondus - Feb 18, 2021

0 by Desmondus »»
Feb 18, 2021 12:53 AM

Poll: » Shuuen no Shiori Chapter 28 Discussion

Desmondus - Feb 18, 2021

0 by Desmondus »»
Feb 18, 2021 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.