Oct 2017
The filters currently only have

Filters said:

• Title
  • Status
  • Producer
  • Airing dates
  • Season

But I think there should be extra filters, to cover all of this data that mal has on each entry:

These filters can be

• filter by Type
  • filter by Episode count between bounds
  • filter by Studio
  • filter by Source
  • filter by Genres
  • filter by episode Duration between bounds
  • filter by Score between bounds
  • filter by Ranking between bounds
  • filter by Popularity between bounds
  • filter by Members between bounds
  • filter by Favourites between bounds

I think all these possible filters should be added. It would be quite useful.

Just now I wanted to quickly find in my list all the Mecha anime I have seen, which would be possible if there were a "filter by genre" option, but I don't know how to do this with the site as it currently is.

__gOct 21, 2019 12:26 PM
Oct 21, 2019 10:24 AM
Jun 2013
In addition to this, I'd also recommend a filter based on number of members (similar to score), as I often like to seek out more popular shows that I maybe missed out on.
Oct 21, 2019 12:25 PM
Oct 2017
triton6783 said:
In addition to this, I'd also recommend a filter based on number of members (similar to score), as I often like to seek out more popular shows that I maybe missed out on.

I suggested that in the OP already, "Members between bounds" means to be able to filter for shows between eg. 20.000 and 100.000 members.

I think a lot of these new filters options can be sorting options too, which would be a better way to achieve what you want.
Oct 21, 2019 12:56 PM
Jun 2013
__g said:
triton6783 said:

I suggested that in the OP already, "Members between bounds" means to be able to filter for shows between eg. 20.000 and 100.000 members.

I think a lot of these new filters options can be sorting options too, which would be a better way to achieve what you want.

Oh my bad, managed to completely skim over that, but yeah i think that's a great suggestion
Oct 27, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2010
More filters usually = more server load due to additional queries. That's probably one of the main reasons more filters aren't available. Unless the filter is going to be really useful then adding it probably wouldn't be worth it.
Dec 18, 2019 2:50 PM
Sep 2016
please add more filter opritons. i would like to filter my watched anime by genre.
same goes for the overall animelist.there it would be nice to hide already watched entries from the list.

More topics from this board

» way to look further back into history

iikookv_ - Oct 28, 2020

5 by Alexioos95 »»
20 minutes ago

» website design

yyukii__ - Mar 31, 2021

12 by mfeddalpl »»
1 hour ago

» Ability to see if an anime has a dub or is subbed

Goblingaming - Yesterday

0 by Goblingaming »»
Yesterday, 1:35 PM

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

3 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

» Being able to choose which image/cover/poster to display

p6w - Jun 21, 2023

14 by Ayres »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.