Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2019 12:03 PM
Jun 2016
1. Why didn't Menma reveal herself earlier by writing it down on her diary and let everyone see? Or do something like carrying stuff?

2. Why must getting Jin-tan to cry be a promise she made to Jin-tan's mother? Wtf? Seriously out of all things. That's pretty kind of sadistic to me, if only it weren't of by cute girl?

3. What does the series have anything to do with the same of the show? Like the show is titled "The Flower We Saw That Day" but up till the end of episode it doesn't have anything related at all until the very last which still doesn't make sense?

4. Why does the members of the "Super Peace Busters" doesn't seem like they care about their personal life and school throughout the show, especially the college elitists? They're too indulged getting into their secret base that there's barely any development of their characters with actual real life circumstance

5. It wasn't tagged as romance in MAL, and boy I was disappointed with how many romance there are in this show. It's literally a love polygon (yes, even worse than love triangle)

6. Lastly, the ending, why must it be hide-and-seek reference? Why does that have anything to do with the show? Out of all things?

I still have lots of questions. Unless this series just doesn't actually trying to make sense. In that case, there's no reason to cry because it's just so stupid
Aug 24, 2019 5:12 PM

Oct 2018
Syclum said:
1. Why didn't Menma reveal herself earlier by writing it down on her diary and let everyone see? Or do something like carrying stuff?

The diary is something that Menma wrote her thoughts and feelings. Therefore, it has a spiritual connection to her. This is in keeping with ghosts (if you believe in such things) haunting places that are most familiar to them and not necessarily where they died.

As for the latter question, remember that only Jinta can see her, and, as such, may not realize that the object moving is either real or part of his "hallucination" in the beginning. That fact that Menma can move small objects (e.g., her diary) is the first evidence that the rest of the SPB witness.

2. Why must getting Jin-tan to cry be a promise she made to Jin-tan's mother? Wtf? Seriously out of all things. That's pretty kind of sadistic to me, if only it weren't of by cute girl?

Jinta's mother was concerned about him losing, or more accurately suppressing, his emotions. I know from first-hand experience what it's like to have a parent who is so sick that the threat if death is always present. (In my case, it was my father, who later recovered.) I hid my emotions because: a) I didn't want my father see me break down in front of him, and b) I didn't want to have an emotional breakdown to the point that I could not recover. (I also have clinical depression.)

Jinta's mother wanted her son to cry, because crying is a cathartic release of grief, but also to laugh, and smile, because life is full of joy and sorrow.

3. What does the series have anything to do with the same of the show? Like the show is titled "The Flower We Saw That Day" but up till the end of episode it doesn't have anything related at all until the very last which still doesn't make sense?

The flower in question is forget-me-not. I think that speaks for itself.

4. Why does the members of the "Super Peace Busters" doesn't seem like they care about their personal life and school throughout the show, especially the college elitists? They're too indulged getting into their secret base that there's barely any development of their characters with actual real life circumstance

The focus of the series is not their school life, although there are references to Jinta basically dropping out after Minma's death, but rather the process of moving past her death and begin to live their lives. For every character, time essentially stopped the day Minma died. Everyone is carrying some guilt, resentment, anger, pain, that they haven't let go. All the emotions they held onto are finally brought out into the open after the SPB finally caught up with Jinta in the final episode.[/quote]

5. It wasn't tagged as romance in MAL, and boy I was disappointed with how many romance there are in this show. It's literally a love polygon (yes, even worse than love triangle)

This show isn't a romance, but the relationships that existed were also the reasons why the SPB couldn't let Minma go; basically, they used her as an excuse not to tell one another what they felt to each other.

6. Lastly, the ending, why must it be hide-and-seek reference? Why does that have anything to do with the show? Out of all things?

Two reasons: first, Minma said that it was a game of hide-and-seek; second, it is symbolic of the SPB finding closure with her death.

I still have lots of questions. Unless this series just doesn't actually trying to make sense. In that case, there's no reason to cry because it's just so stupid
StealYourNoFaceAug 24, 2019 6:41 PM
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Oct 30, 2019 7:32 AM
Aug 2018
God I don't wanna be toxic about it but let me just say this. It seems like you are just looking at the show, not watching it.
Apr 15, 2020 4:57 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly all of your complaints about the anime would make a completely different anime, so I'm not even sure how to answer all of your questions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.