Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2019 8:33 AM

Jun 2014
I watch to watch the show, but I'm pretty bad with excessive gore (I'm not into seeing intestines or someone pulling out a brain from their head for example).

Could anyone do me a favor and describe (with words not pics please lol) the level of gore? or if it's a spoiler, maybe describe something on a comparable level.

           but you can become stronger...

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Mar 4, 2019 8:52 AM

Dec 2013
Very mild. Nothing is explicitly shown, but you may see blood dripping or squirting from off-screen and even this is mostly just a couple of times near the beginning of the show. The majority of the episodes have 0 gore in them.

Other than that, there is one monster design near the end you may find gross but nothing further than that.
Mar 4, 2019 9:02 AM

Jun 2014
NthDegree said:
Very mild. Nothing is explicitly shown, but you may see blood dripping or squirting from off-screen and even this is mostly just a couple of times near the beginning of the show. The majority of the episodes have 0 gore in them.

Other than that, there is one monster design near the end you may find gross but nothing further than that.

Oh thank god, the rating on MAL made it seem like it could be substantially gory.
Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Mar 4, 2019 9:15 AM

Dec 2013
iunne said:
NthDegree said:

Oh thank god, the rating on MAL made it seem like it could be substantially gory.
Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

I assume the rating is because the show mentions sexuality like once..? Or maybe it's because it mentions a suicide or death? Oh, and there is one episode that mentions drug abuse (although technically it's not a drug but eh).

So in short, I'm guessing the rating is there just because the themes it discusses, not anything it shows.
Mar 4, 2019 9:33 AM

Jun 2014
NthDegree said:
I assume the rating is because the show mentions sexuality like once..? Or maybe it's because it mentions a suicide or death? Oh, and there is one episode that mentions drug abuse (although technically it's not a drug but eh).

So in short, I'm guessing the rating is there just because the themes it discusses, not anything it shows.

Sounds good, should be no problem at all then. Looking forward to the show

One of my friends usually tells me how gory a show is before I watch it, but this is one of the few shows that I want to try that they haven't seen.

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Apr 13, 2019 7:48 AM
Apr 2015
iunne said:
NthDegree said:

Sounds good, should be no problem at all then. Looking forward to the show

One of my friends usually tells me how gory a show is before I watch it, but this is one of the few shows that I want to try that they haven't seen.

Are you scared of gore in anime or what?
Apr 14, 2019 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
GameDSS said:
Are you scared of gore in anime or what?

Can't watch gore in any film, 2D or not. Normal gun shots/stabbing is fine. The abnormal stuff is the problem

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Jun 29, 2021 5:52 PM
Dec 2017
pretty tame compared to others.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 11, 2008

292 by JosefStalinium »»
Apr 20, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nini - Dec 30, 2008

372 by mrnmbl »»
Apr 16, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cureroyale - Jan 27, 2009

123 by mrnmbl »»
Apr 16, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

139 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 20, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

119 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 20, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.