Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2018 6:24 AM
Jan 2016
What is so good about jojo?

Hi guys, i want you to flesh out jojo and what is so great about jojo to make me join jojo bizarre adventure fandom and watch the anime,btw my fav anime is one piece.
May 27, 2018 6:26 AM

Feb 2010
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1731863

Did you not see what happened to your first thread?

You just ignored all the replies anyway until the thread was locked and now you do it all over again?

Please, the bait is being too obvious.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 27, 2018 6:27 AM

Apr 2016
I believe the memes are the most famous thing.

And also fans like to believe or delude themselves that everything is jojo reference.

Spoiler ... its not.

May 27, 2018 6:28 AM

Jun 2015
All the GAR man in jojo will make sure you won't get tainted by cheap moe anime :mask:
May 27, 2018 6:30 AM
Jan 2016
Hi bro I want other answers and I don’t know how to unlock the forums
May 27, 2018 6:33 AM
Apr 2018
Luffyshadow101 said:
What is so good about jojo?

Hi guys, i want you to flesh out jojo and what is so great about jojo to make me join jojo bizarre adventure fandom and watch the anime,btw my fav anime is one piece.

honestly
It’s mostly gay man showing off their muscles
May 27, 2018 6:37 AM

Oct 2015
Rather than making a what is "objectively" good about it, I'm just going to write down my personal experience:

Jojo reminded me what I loved about anime, to have fun, not to say it doesn't have any good characters or a well-structured plot (maybe the latter is preachy cause we know how Jojo is structured), I mean, I have my 2nd favorite male character in Jojo, but it's a fun show that can't be replicated, a sole existence that you can't find in others except the western comic that copied it. It's bizarre, but down-to-earth weird, it's surrealist style isn't too outlandish, but it isn't mundane. It's creativity and raw fun is unmatched by anything I've had. And I felt the love of Araki, the mangaka, while he makes Jojo. It feels like it's his own playground, I felt himself in Jojo. I saw him grow while making Jojo, he tries his best to fix his errors and makes new ones along the way. After a while, he made Steel Ball Run, his growth making Jojo is visible. It was like, watching/reading through Jojo was Araki's Bildungsroman, his own growth. He made mistakes, he learned and most of all, I can see his love for the work. The experimentations, the way he presented arcs through songs, his bets, since killing off characters and making a new cast isn't easy.

Before Jojo, I was just a guy watching through seasonals, like a store clerk doing his daily routine watching over the job. Jojo revived my love for anime when I was eventually burning out from seasonals. It's creative dumb fun, but that eventually became more than what it is. Whatever goes through Araki's mind became something, somehow weirder. Somethings taken from reality somehow made it bizarre. The suspension of disbelief sometimes is reminds you that how the fuck did you come up with this, Araki? Cause he did. It feels like he does this because he loves it, rather being a job. Like somehow transferring from shounen jump to ultra jump. It's like his editors are under control instead of the other way around. Toriyama's editor milked DB, Togashi & Miura has no editor, and Araki was like "Fuck it, we are throwing everything down the sink and make a new universe, cause I said so" and that's like that, Part 7 happened.
-Lofn-May 27, 2018 5:12 PM

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 27, 2018 12:38 PM

Jul 2017
idk if this is bait or not but I'll answer anyway

jojo is very unique.
VERY, especially in the way it's characters behave and react. I personnaly thought the 1rst part was"ok", most people agree, it's the worst part -BUT- it's not bad, nor mediocre and it only lasts for 12 little episodes!

once you get to the 2nd part, the 13th episode if I remember correctly, you'll see it's gotten way better because the author had way more freedom, the characters are more memorable, the overall fell of the anime is better starting the 2nd part.

also the "power system" is pretty fucking great. it takes a lot of time unfold, it takes until the 3rd part, so the 27th episode or 1st episode of stardust crusader to realy become diversified and interesting, before that it's ok, the fights are pretty interesting though also in 1rst part.

also unlike in many others shonen, the fights REALY depend on strategy, and not on whoever will get super sayan super ultra instinct final form kamehameha first... and the fight never stop to be interesting, even in the first part, though it REALY is better later.
May 27, 2018 1:19 PM

Aug 2015
Why should someone try to "make you join jojo bizarre adventure fandom"? Just try it and if you won't like it drop it, no one really cares about what you watching except you
May 27, 2018 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
EVERYTHING! JoJo is JoJo, that's why

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 27, 2018 1:24 PM
Apr 2014
Pullman said:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1731863

Did you not see what happened to your first thread?

You just ignored all the replies anyway until the thread was locked and now you do it all over again?

Please, the bait is being too obvious.

All bait aside, I'm actually interested in what makes JoJo so good, I've been planning to watch it for quite some time.

-Lofn- said:
Rather than making a what is "objectively" good about it, I'm just going to write down my personal experience:

Jojo reminded me what I loved about anime, to have fun, not to say it doesn't have any good characters or a well-structured plot (maybe the latter is preachy cause we know how Jojo is structured), I mean, I have my 2nd favorite male character in Jojo, but it's a fun show that can't be replicated, a sole existence that you can't find in others except the western comic that copied it. It's bizarre, but down-to-earth weird, it's surrealist style isn't too outlandish, but it isn't mundane. It's creativity and raw fun is unmatched by anything I've had. And I felt the love of Araki, the mangaka, while he makes Jojo. It feels like it's his own playground, I felt himself in Jojo. I saw him grow while making Jojo, he tries his best to fix his errors and makes new ones along the way. After a while, he made Steel Ball Run, his growth making Jojo is visible. It was like, watching/reading through Jojo was Araki's Bildungsroman, his own growth. He made mistakes, he learned and most of all, I can see his love for the work. The experimentations, the way he presented arcs through songs, his bets, since killing off characters and making a new cast isn't easy.

Before Jojo, I was just a guy watching through seasonals, like a store clerk doing his daily routine watching over the job. Jojo revived my love for anime when I was eventually burning out from seasonals. It's creative dumb fun, but that eventually became more than what it is. Whatever goes through Araki's mind became something, somehow weirder. Somethings taken from reality somehow made it bizarre. The suspension of disbelief sometimes is reminds you that how the fuck did you come up with this, Araki? Cause he did. It feels like he does this because he loves it, rather being a job. Like somehow transferring from shounen jump to ultra jump. It's like his editors are other control instead of the other way around. Toriyama's editor milked DB, Togashi & Miura has no editor, and Araki was like "Fuck it, we are throwing everything down the sink and make a new universe, cause I said so" and that's like that, Part 7 happened.

Well, that about answered the questions I had.

Zehennagel said:
idk if this is bait or not but I'll answer anyway

jojo is very unique.
VERY, especially in the way it's characters behave and react. I personnaly thought the 1rst part was"ok", most people agree, it's the worst part -BUT- it's not bad, nor mediocre and it only lasts for 12 little episodes!

once you get to the 2nd part, the 13th episode if I remember correctly, you'll see it's gotten way better because the author had way more freedom, the characters are more memorable, the overall fell of the anime is better starting the 2nd part.

also the "power system" is pretty fucking great. it takes a lot of time unfold, it takes until the 3rd part, so the 27th episode or 1st episode of stardust crusader to realy become diversified and interesting, before that it's ok, the fights are pretty interesting though also in 1rst part.

also unlike in many others shonen, the fights REALY depend on strategy, and not on whoever will get super sayan super ultra instinct final form kamehameha first... and the fight never stop to be interesting, even in the first part, though it REALY is better later.

and that

thatPinkSpider said:
EVERYTHING! JoJo is JoJo, that's why

and that

May 27, 2018 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
since one piece is similar in regards to being random and funny, along with serious... however if you're not interested in something then these things happen. it's popular due to the pop culture that is parked in, vampires, what's not to love about Jojo and Caesar, there's the dedication to bubbles... it's probably not for everyone, but anyone who's into the charm of it, then yes that's what makes it popular. such as one piece, and yet Detective Conan is just as popular, even Gintama... it's all based upon what fans consider fun for them.
May 27, 2018 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
From what I've seen so far (Only the first 2 parts) I like the first part the most, which is against most people's opinions. This is most likely because the first part is the closest to what we perceive to be a "Normal" anime.

What I dislike about the series (From what I've seen so far) is that nothing can be compared to it. But this is also it's greatest strength, and the reason why so many people are attracted to it. It's so out there when it comes to it's stories and it's characters, that they are weird when compared to other shows, but in the JoJo universe, it makes sense.

This is the reason why I don't actively dislike the show. I didn't like the weird characters or the stories, but I see why people would be attracted to the strangeness and the weirdness of the show.

More topics from this board

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - Apr 26

23 by Leer »»
54 seconds ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 4 hours ago

39 by Ten »»
2 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

86 by MasterTasuke »»
3 minutes ago

» who do you think is the best isekai mc and who is the worst ?

ame - Today

24 by Horizon248 »»
4 minutes ago

» Would hiding Low MAL Scores protect the Anime?

Dragevard - 47 minutes ago

2 by T3NLTD »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.