Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2008 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
Thumbnails for an anime list, the same size as for favorites

(at least when you are checking your own, if you say it would cost a lot of bandwidth).
I just do not recall all animes by name, if you think you do not need it, lucky you: still a lot good stuff to watch or a good memory.

Actually, I just like to see, not to read what I have watched. I am sure you like to watch/see too, otherwise you haven't visited this site. :)

And it is just faster to proceed when looking through the list...
Mar 13, 2008 3:07 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
For quick access of your own list, you can click the Edit link next to 'My Anime List' in your panel.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 14, 2008 12:12 AM

Jan 2008
this is not about quick access, this is about Thumbnails in the list ...
Mar 14, 2008 3:58 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It seemed the best solution for me to this:

GDL-URAHARA said:
(at least when you are checking your own, if you say it would cost a lot of bandwidth).

Anyway, thumbnails in the lists?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 14, 2008 4:00 AM

Nov 2007
Doesn't strike me as a particularly great idea since in all likelyhood the pictures people will upload as thumbnails will mostly suck. :\ It's not that difficult to remember names.
Mar 14, 2008 5:43 AM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:

I like the idea.
Mar 14, 2008 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:

yes, thumbnails in the list (sorry if it was not very clearly formulated)

Asako said:
Doesn't strike me as a particularly great idea since in all likelyhood the pictures people will upload as thumbnails will mostly suck. : It's not that difficult to remember names.

Why upload, we have them already

do you recognize it?

Well, and lucky you that you remember them all, so we can remove them also from your favorites, those you remember for sure :)

It is just for different people, I would prefer to have a small thumbnail because I like it this way.
So it could be done optional where I select to have thumbnails, you don't do anything (if it is set as default) - further customization of your list.

P.S.
Asako,
You definitely have a lot of time to remember all the names when you are watching completely even those series which you give "Unwatchable" or "Horrible" rating.
GDL-URAHARAMar 14, 2008 2:58 PM
Mar 14, 2008 3:26 PM
Nov 2007
I like this idea, especially for those series which are listed under the Japanese title but you watched under the English title.
Mar 14, 2008 3:59 PM

Nov 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:

Why upload, we have them already

do you recognize it?

Oh. Those are hardly what I'd call thumbnials, more icons to me. Most of them are too small to even make out what they are, anyway.

P.S.
Asako,
You definitely have a lot of time to remember all the names when you are watching completely even those series which you give "Unwatchable" or "Horrible" rating.

As I mention in my profile, my list is only series I actually have on DVD or fansub, and most entries under 5 are things that were given to me and I was obligated to watch. They're not things I'd have continued watching otherwise, and I don't list dropped series. My list is my collection, not stuff I've simply seen.
Mar 14, 2008 4:12 PM

Jan 2008
Asako said:

As I mention in my profile, my list is only series I actually have on DVD or fansub, and most entries under 5 are things that were given to me and I was obligated to watch. They're not things I'd have continued watching otherwise, and I don't list dropped series. My list is my collection, not stuff I've simply seen.

I see, still keeping something like this in the collection...
So, instead of thumbnails you have already DVD covers, ;)

Well, I better mind my business.
(^o^)y
Mar 14, 2008 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:
I see, still keeping something like this in the collection...

Well, I better mind my business.
(^o^)y

Why not? I'm not going to throw away a DVD box set, and if it's just burned fansubs I'll toss it on a spindle and forget about it.
Mar 14, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
Asako said:

Why not? I'm not going to throw away a DVD box set, and if it's just burned fansubs I'll toss it on a spindle and forget about it.

well, this is why many of us forget about it - we need thumbnails! we need thumbnails!
Mar 14, 2008 9:11 PM

Oct 2007
Oh god no. Stylized lists already take a while to load and lag my browser. I don't need icons to make it worse.
Mar 14, 2008 9:39 PM

Nov 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:

well, this is why many of us forget about it - we need thumbnails! we need thumbnails!

How does a tiny little 24x32 icon help you identify an anime when almost all of them are some much larger image scaled down with all detail lost? If you don't remember a title on your list... click on it? It'll take you to the info page with a synopsis and large title image (which is probably where the fav icons come from)

Now, if you were talking about entirely new thumbnails, in > 100x100, I'd see your point, but really. Seems so unnecessary.
Mar 14, 2008 11:31 PM

Oct 2007
if anything i think thumbnails would be good for your own list but i dont think i'd want to see them on everyone else's pages....
Mar 15, 2008 3:06 AM

Jan 2008
katsup said:
if anything i think thumbnails would be good for your own list but i dont think i'd want to see them on everyone else's pages....

I completely agree (don't care much about other's)
Mar 15, 2008 6:26 AM
Dec 2007
Hmm I thought tag were use to allow user to memorize the Anime...I neva use tag bcoz it will make my profile page look ghey
Mar 15, 2008 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
LDK said:
Hmm I thought tag were use to allow user to memorize the Anime...I neva use tag bcoz it will make my profile page look ghey

even if you were using it, you still need to read them (and before it, to think over what to write...)
how would you see what is the difference between two entries as comedy...
one picture is better than 1000 words (even if it is a small one (*^_^*) )
GDL-URAHARAMar 15, 2008 2:31 PM

More topics from this board

» Way of setting all titles to the English version by default

skyblade743 - Apr 9

8 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
20 minutes ago

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

6 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
22 minutes ago

» Hey MAL, how about you don't allow NSFW ads on your website

Milk_is_Special - Mar 24, 2020

13 by pjposullivan »»
40 minutes ago

» How can I hire app developers in India?

lillygracia - 6 hours ago

0 by lillygracia »»
6 hours ago

» Introduce a "lost media" tag to titles

_cjessop19_ - Mar 22

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
Yesterday, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.