Forum Settings
Forums

For what reason are you not gay, straight, or bisexual?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2010 1:39 PM

Feb 2010
Gunther75 said:
Sonic_Moronic said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Sonic_Moronic said:
He's not a troll, just a born-again Christian.

On the other hand, that's much worse.

So teh christian bashing is about to begin. I'm surprised it took this long.-_-

I believe I have the right to bash Christianity, because Christianity also bashes me. Thank you very much. There's no such thing as religious discrimination when it comes to religions like this, because they do the discrimination in the first place.

I was un-aware that discrimination justifies more discrimination.

Where you been?
Feb 13, 2010 1:48 PM

Oct 2007
I like homosexual relationships but I also find men attractive.
Feb 13, 2010 2:58 PM
Nov 2009
ukonkivi said:

Everyone is gay for Bou.

Except actual gays.
Feb 13, 2010 3:36 PM

Jul 2008
Because I poops from there.
Feb 14, 2010 3:45 AM

Mar 2009
I'm not straight because, for some reason it doesn't matter to me weather your male/female as long as I like the person.
KandykissuuMar 3, 2010 9:00 PM
Feb 14, 2010 10:30 AM

Feb 2010
MidnightCheddar said:
I am straight (not gay) because that is how God made me, as he did everyone else. And only when one gives into their sin, can you become anything otherwise.

lolwut

Anyway, I'm attracted to women, not men. I know that's not an incredibly deep answer, but that's really the only way the question can be answered.
I like women because I think they act and look cute. Some girls can be really adorable.
For now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.
Feb 14, 2010 2:41 PM
Jan 2010
I think I could be attracted to both genders. Im not entirely certain; seeing as I haven't experience an authentic relationship with either male or female. I guess I'll just have to wait for the right person to realise my sexual orientation, until then I'll just continued my pursuit for love with an open mind.
HandleMeFeb 16, 2010 5:42 AM
Feb 14, 2010 3:40 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Even though I commented like 4 times in this thread I never stated what my preference is?

I like WOMAN!!! big breasted thick woman. I couldn't EVER see a man attractive. WHY? Hairy legs? hairy face? Hairy Arms? Hairy Chest? HAIRY BACK OMFG? HAIRY HAIRY!! DAMMIT. It's so beyond me it's not even funny. My beard on your beard?!?! It's just so much hair....god so much...Gives me goosebumps.
Feb 14, 2010 10:48 PM
Aug 2009
Quad post ftw. Anyway what makes you think that all men are hairy or that they can't shave?
Feb 15, 2010 12:19 AM

Jan 2010
ukonkivi said:
It sounds like you're stereotyping men and women. People are individuals not their biological sex.:/

I am going to slightly disagree. I see some car doing something stupid or parking really lame... 99% its a women lol.
Feb 15, 2010 1:27 AM

Feb 2009
I'm not any of those because I don't like people in general, in real life. Even if I did, I don't think I would be sexually attracted to anyone. Okay, well if I WAS, then I would probably identify as pansexual because I don't like to think of people as genders.
HSROSE. HOSRE. HORSE HORSE HORSE HORSE.
Feb 15, 2010 4:56 AM

Dec 2009
Look-wise, I CANNOT decide. I loooooooooove both, and am a very sexual being..
But charachter-wise, I tend to meet more nice boys than girls. Women are mostly bitches.But there are some pearls, of course.
Feb 15, 2010 7:37 AM

Jul 2009
SandUSAGI said:
ukonkivi said:
It sounds like you're stereotyping men and women. People are individuals not their biological sex.:/

I am going to slightly disagree. I see some car doing something stupid or parking really lame... 99% its a women lol.

It's not their genetics though is it; it's like saying you ONLY notice females for their mistakes.
Yeah you're way out of line here, american d:
๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿฆใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒฒใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณใ€€
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€Cursorใ€€Natureใ€€reserveใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿฆ‹ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿฆฉใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿ•ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒฒใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿงใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ
Feb 15, 2010 5:33 PM

May 2009
I'm straight because I like dudes. Plain and simple. Though I do find girls hot, i dont think i'd ever get physical. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. XD
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Feb 15, 2010 10:39 PM
Aug 2009
Flibbertigibbet said:
I am not bisexual or gay because penises are ugly, and guys just seem real dirty in my mind. Women just smell better and have smoother skin and prettier sexual organs. Women are just beautiful and men are disgusting.

Oh the "WAW-Effect"!
Feb 16, 2010 12:26 AM
Aug 2009
Flibbertigibbet said:

Yes! Women are wonderful.

You are doomed to be utterly dissapointed one day.
MinimalisticFeb 16, 2010 12:31 AM
Feb 16, 2010 1:12 AM

Oct 2008
im straight because i only like vagina, and i've never gotten a boner off of a picture of a cock

makes sense to me
Mar 9, 2010 3:12 PM
Mar 2010
Me too.
Mar 9, 2010 3:14 PM

Mar 2010
Reape said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

Yes! Women are wonderful.

You are doomed to be utterly dissapointed one day.
Mar 9, 2010 3:48 PM
Jun 2008
Because breasts.
Mar 9, 2010 4:10 PM

Mar 2010
Unsexually active.

I just don't believe in sex/love whatever determines if you're straight or gay etc.
Mar 9, 2010 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
But... I'm am bisexual. =/ The reason? I've thought about this myself. I've came to the conclusion that:

I used to believe that I loved men physically and women mentally. But then I started loving women physically, too. So now I'm back at square one.
Mar 9, 2010 5:57 PM

Mar 2010
Flibbertigibbet said:
Women ... prettier sexual organs.

You're kidding, right?
Mar 9, 2010 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
Uh... I'm bisexual because I'm attracted to both sexes? I've been romantically involved with both men and women. As to why? Uh, does anyone know the answer to that?
Mar 9, 2010 10:48 PM

Mar 2010
This is what anime does to people. Even if they haven't watched it or never heard of it.
Mar 10, 2010 12:12 AM

Dec 2007
I'm straight because i <3 women

Unfortunately, I always get turned down T_T

-.-
Mar 10, 2010 1:58 AM

Mar 2010
ukonkivi said:
Jigero said:
Well kinda simple for me, I just never met a man I wanted to have sex with.

But you don't feel the same way for women? What do you think triggers that then?

why would anything trigger it? couldn't it be just a natural feeling.
Mar 10, 2010 2:08 AM

Sep 2009
because I am sexually atracted to men who are born with natural masculinity
I like men with broad shoulders, a wide chest and strong manly voice
I've never fantasized about women
Mar 10, 2010 2:12 AM

May 2008
MazuraKameo129 said:
ukonkivi said:
Jigero said:

But you don't feel the same way for women? What do you think triggers that then?

If it's a natural feeling, that means there's a trigger.
Every "natural" feeling comes from something.

And people should be able to search their psychology for even the most basic of things.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 10, 2010 2:49 AM

Mar 2010
ukonkivi said:
MazuraKameo129 said:
ukonkivi said:
Jigero said:

And people should be able to search their psychology for even the most basic of things.

and if that were true you'll never find out what the trigger is.
Mar 10, 2010 7:52 AM

May 2008
Wow, somebody sure thinks science is weak.
Moreover, quite the assumptions and speeding towards simplification here.

Mar 10, 2010 7:59 AM
Dec 2008
People will just believe what's least shocking and the easiest thing to comprehend.
Mar 10, 2010 9:54 AM

May 2009
I'll echo what so many others have said, and say that for the most part, it's your genetic makeup that determines your sexuality. Of course, a lot of genes are affected by the environment, which is probably the 'trigger' you're talking about.

If I had to reason out my attraction towards men with something other than "I can't help who I'm attracted to," I'd say:

1. I grew up with two brothers, who are my favourite people in the world. I like being around males, as much as I hate the mess they make. (Yes, that's stereotyping, but true as far as my brothers are concerned.) Why didn't I turn out to be like the males (and end up liking females)? Maybe I just was never genetically predisposed to like females in the first place.

2. When I see pretty females, that's all they are. Pretty people that I'm not attracted to. Maybe because I watched too many pageants with my mom when I was young, and I could just appreciate female beauty for what it is? Again, no idea, but it's different with males. I even find beards sexy. Er, purely speculation, but maybe I like broad shoulders because of the whole protector feel about them?

3. Here I'm completely stereotyping: Women are clingy and sensitive and like to talk about people, and because they talk so much about people, they tend to reveal stuff they shouldn't. Not nice. I'll admit I'm a crybaby, but I hate gossiping. Men are just more trustworthy, I guess. And I like being teased, as pathetic as that sounds, and males are the only ones who can do that. Women don't usually do that. Like I said, completely stereotyping here.
^If I met a non-bitchy, dependable woman who can protect me, would I be sexually attracted to her? Probably not.

ukonkivi said:

I've read through the entire thread, and I'd like to ask what someone else asked before. What do you think? Even if you've gone on about way too much as you claim, your thread asks for it, so I'd love to hear what you think :)
Mar 10, 2010 10:45 AM

May 2008
Athena said:
ukonkivi said:

I've read through the entire thread, and I'd like to ask what someone else asked before. What do you think? Even if you've gone on about way too much as you claim, your thread asks for it, so I'd love to hear what you think :)

But as I've stated before, I've stated these views so many times most people on this site have long know exactly why I am a bisexual and not a heterosexual or a homosexual. And it's getting to the point it's making some users think my views on gender are hypocritical and ironically sexist when claiming not to be. And that I'm hypersexual and objectifying the way I basically explain this sort of thing in every other thread.

I figure I wanted to avoid doing the same thing again. Maybe strive for at least hyposexuality and have a goal of asexuality and nip my sexual problem at the bud. If I go on about my sexuality that nobody cares about and is repulsed by and why I have it, which every MAL veteran already knows why I'm a bisexual, but is long tired of hearing about it and wants to ring my neck over it, I'll be doing exactly what I'm trying to abstain from. And if I become a hyposexual, I'll tell you exactly why it will happen, I'm tired of having a sexuality.

Also, this sort of explanation to give is far more tempting to make me tl;dr again. I'd rather see someone else explain theirs and me read it that to attention whore about the same darn thing again and go into disgusting detail about my own sexuality.

I'm a bisexual because I've had a random key of sexuality that ever since I've known it to exist, has been triggered by more than just one sex. Because when not being some picky superficial creep who prefers and represents the androgyny fandom, I'm just being attracted to humans and don't see what people find so terribly unsexual in one or the other because to me males and females look to alike for me to react in a way especially different for either. Almost any sexual situation I can feel sexual about on some level just because of it's sexual associations.

Because while I have my shallow, objectifying, superficial preferences, humans just don't look different enough, fat, skinny, black, white, male, female, for me not to be attracted to them on some level. In fact I think my sexuality is entirely manipulatable if I wanted to. And that I could find animals and intimate objects attractive. Because I believe that with enough work my sexuality is malleable enough to find anything sexual attractive, even things I find repulsive.

But because I don't want to push a sexuality onto myself, I go for androgyny and try to be outspoken for it so people will realize how common this form of Polysexuality/Pansexuality is. And hopefully help to contribute to the path of it's normalization.

Because being capable of attraction I believe actually says little about sexuality and that sexuality is all about preferences. So of which are deep seeded psychological associations. I believe that most people are bisexual to a degree like me, but that not all are so androgyny of even bisexual leaning. I believe that sexuality lies in the preferences, and that most people have preferences of some type, for both biological and cultural reasons. And I think there will always be enough unstoppable personal experiences that can happen that non-heterosexuality will never be "cured".

In the macrocosm of my sexuality, I am not a shallow creepoid jerk who cares about things other than personality such as body parts, and can get out of my comfort zone and manipulate my sexuality to anything.

And then there is my central sexual, my comfort zone. Which is a superficial things like looks, in which plays as much of an influence here as personality. And to this I believe I am a very uncommon very straight down the line sexuality, in that in the very thick, I can't say whether I like men or women more. But that I don't like secondary sex characteristics or organs noticeably better. The closer the person looks and acts to what society considers neither man or woman the more exciting, interesting, and appealing I find it.

I'm not comfortable with either extreme. And this isn't all just secondary sex characteristics, but cultural stereotypes of men and women as well. And I don't think it's all biological. I think it's a really complicated equation of psychological factors and experiences that can't be reversed at this point, and maybe a bit of biology. I think that my mind has been become alienated with and rejected certain cultural ideas of gender roles and aesthetic norms. Perhaps even somewhere down the line you could call these experiences and feelings about the matter traumatizing.

And it's only gotten worse in recent year with certain evolutionary psychology claims being shoved down my throat in recent year. And certain Social Darwnist speech that upholds the status quo.

I have a tier system of sexuality in my mind of what I'm least comfortable to most comfortable with.

5. Things I'm physically and mentally extremely repulsed by, but with months of training could overcome and find attractive on some level. Things such as scat and certain forms of bestiality and physical gore, which in my current state I would have a hard time not throwing up watching much less something else. Would take significant psychological manipulation to reach this point.
4. Things which I am not necessarily grossed out by, but do not feel enticed by either. Neutral, and could be forced into the level of attraction my mental force.
3. Things with are to a minor degree, arousing, but not as fulfilling as the true central preference. It's at this point the sexuality gets kind of nitpicky.
2. A more extreme version of the one before it, medium level attraction. It's interesting, but not very fulfilling. Somewhat on the level of having the occasional desire to fantasize about, but would not see themselves with such a person long term(superficial? maybe. I don't even know anymore).
1. Strong preference. Whether in fantasy or what, this is what the person sees themselves with and top tier. Or at least that's how it works for me. Has a high degree of physical and mental preferences filled.

Feel free to ask questions if you think more would be actually interesting. I'm not making an even more huge wall of text right now. I have a lot more to say and go into, but I've said more than enough for one post.

Mar 10, 2010 11:37 AM

May 2009
^tl; did read, twice. Just joking about the 'too long' bit, I don't see how you could've shortened that, haha...
I need to sleep now, though, so will respond when my mind's working again.
I must say, though, I don't know if I'm jealous or scared (not creeped out, just scared) of your "sexual malleability", as you put it. I like that phrase, it has a nice ring to it, lol.
You'd also probably never use the phrase, "I'd never be attracted to you even if you were the last person on earth!"

Anyway, thanks again, will respond properly tomorrow if I have the time.
Mar 10, 2010 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
i got many reasons for being straigtht...this thread kinda freaked me when i read it.
Hail the survival of the species
"Got it?this is what it means to kill things"
Mar 10, 2010 11:59 AM

May 2008
If I'm picky, I'm shallow, superficial, and objectifying.
I'm not picky, I'm a slut, and scary.:/

I think that this probably applies to most humans though. Many homosexuals have married the opposite sex and had children with them. That doesn't mean they're bisexuals who swing both ways. I think that most humans have a tier system from "really like and prefer" to "ewww gross I want to puke".

I think most humans don't want to admit just how much their sexuality varies because there are taboos. And I mean, am I not supposed to be sexually malleable? I'm capable of attraction to morbidly obese people and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's not within my top tier of sexual attraction. Is it scary that I'm that malleable on some level or shallow that I don't find it equally attractive as anything else?

Morbidly obese people are just people too. And have just as much personality variation as anyone else. Which means loads of obese people have wonderful personalities. So perhaps to find them even on any slight level, any less attractive than anyone else, is immoral. And maybe a person should try to change their attraction and be more attracted to the obese if they aren't as.

Honestly, it's this sort of thing that makes me wish I was asexual.
Lovely, shallow one day, so open minded I'm scary the next.

Mar 12, 2010 5:42 AM

Sep 2009
i think it's mainly because the thought of me being with somebody the same gender as me, gives me the heebie jeebies. it's nothing against the gender, it's more of a personal weirdness factor.
Mar 12, 2010 6:14 AM

Sep 2009
I don't really like all these labels to be honest. For a lot of people sexual labels don't apply easily. I'm someone who believes strongly in love and you can be attracted to girls your whole life but never love any of them. And then you might meet a guy who really gets you and you fall in love. Does that mean you are bisexual, or straight/gay with an exception?

You can find a name for anything but it just doesn't really matter what you call it. I'm a guy who is straight and has never been attracted to another man. I probably never will be. But I don't think you need a bunch of reasons to determine a way to label yourself.

If you're attracted to your sex, or a different sex, or both sexes, then you just are. At least that's how I see it. If I'm wrong then that's fine, but I'm open to everything so I don't really mind it if I'm wrong.
Mar 12, 2010 6:39 AM

May 2009
And I don't think it's all biological. I think it's a really complicated equation of psychological factors and experiences that can't be reversed at this point, and maybe a bit of biology.

Here is where I disagree. While I concede one's experiences are not completely irrelevant in determining sexuality, I still insist biology plays a huge role.
We all know the hormone study that showed clear differences between straight and homosexual individuals. Of course, you could always argue that may just be the effect rather than the cause, and you'd be right. I read some years back about how a Swedish research team looked at the brain scans of people and found straight males and lesbian females have very similar brain structure and neuronal connections; and of course, straight females and gay males had the same brain structure and neuronal connections. One of the main difference they found was the hemispherical sizes - one was bigger in the straight male/lesbian group, and both hemispheres were equal in the straight female/gay male group.

Now you could argue the brain isn't exactly a fixed structure and the connections could just change as we grow, and you wouldn't be wrong. The thing is, the main regions involved are those developed in early childhood, which makes it a lot more likely for it to be genetic than otherwise.

On that note, I've never heard any study on bisexual individuals :/ But then again, maybe it'd get too confusing, and then people may find the need to put a label on every different possible sexual orientation there is. And I don't find the idea too appealing, as more and more people are just going to see you not as a human being but more as a "x"-sexual.

I know it's way easier to just blame it on the genes and avoid looking for explicable reasons (Oh, you're obese? You have the obese gene. Wait, you can't spell? Blame it on your genes, too.), but no matter how deeply I dig into my psyche, I still can't pinpoint anything that made me prefer males.

If you insist I go Freudian, let's see, my mom wasn't such a huge fan of mine before (She is now, though.) while my dad and brothers were --> therefore I like males? On the flip side, I know of a bunch of straight females and gay males with abusive fathers and doting mothers. This hypothesis somehow doesn't really sit right with me. And once again, I'm back to "nature made me this way".

I believe that most people are bisexual to a degree like me

Maybe. And I really don't know how much my experiences and/or culture has affected me, but not in living memory have I ever found a female to be sexually attractive.

And I mean, am I not supposed to be sexually malleable?

No, I think it's only human (or animal?) to be sexually malleable. It's a trait to ensure the survival of the species, I'm sure. And even if the union is not fruitful, as is the case with same sex relationships, you're still happy because of the sex you're having, and as far as nature is concerned, you're one member of the species who's still alive.
Right, ignore that XD Point is, most people will have to "settle" for someone other than their ideal, and if we were so rigid to have such a narrow idea of what's sexually appealing, we'd be a bunch of miserable people. And of course, it's better to tell our brains someone is sexy instead of "Ah well, this person will do." The mind is a powerful thing.

I guess I'm just not quite as malleable. And it helps that even in the most desperate of times, I'd rather satisfy myself sexually than trick my brain into believing someone is sexually attractive. I'm not saying you do that, but I do think if I were to be so flexible, I'd really be feeding my brain such lies to make it work.

Honestly, it's this sort of thing that makes me wish I was asexual.
Lovely, shallow one day, so open minded I'm scary the next

Haha, sorry to hear that, but I honestly am not sure if I'm jealous or scared. Scared, not so much because I find it shallow, but more along the lines of, "Would anyone really be good enough for you?" Of course, you'd already said otherwise, as you have to take into account other factors, but if my partner were like that I know I'd be really insecure.

Obviously I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but I believe you trying to be asexual will be just as successful as homosexuals who try to turn straight. It's futile, especially if you put so much thought into it. Meh, you might as well continue in your quest to normalise this form of pansexuality/polysexuality. I certainly was not aware of it before ^.^
Mar 12, 2010 8:28 AM

May 2008
Aha, ah, I uh, I really don't think I may be as picky
Like I really don't think I have to have someone at a top tier and I've always had a hard time ever turning a person down my whole life even if I don't find them very attractive.

Like I don't think I have to have anyone in my top tier of attraction I don't think, but I wouldn't know, because I've never dated anyone in that, and like in talk, I'm really definite about saying what I like, but in practice, I'm really indecisive. Like I have a hard time knowing whether I find someone as more of a friend than not. I was propositioned for sex a few times, but I've never had sex and it was all like "well....I dunno" and ended up not. And at this point I'm not sure who I'd want to date and why, if I want to have sex or not, and so on and so forth.

"Anyone good enough" makes me feel and sound like a jerk. I don't like to either feel like a slut or that I have too high of standards. My unusual isn't actually all that high to fill. Like I've come across many many guys and girls in my town sexy, all the time, though lately it's been a few more guys than girls. Also, I must have come across pictures or in real life or whatever medium to come across a person, well over 30,000 within my lifetime. I have unusual, and possibly picky tastes that I like the most. Which would be called androgyny for the most part. But there's actually quite a few people out there like that.

And again what I say on here because I know what I'm immediately attracted to the most, is awfully confusing for me in real life. Like I have another female friend right now who doesn't fit really much into much of my preferences except maybe one, but she has an interesting personality and that's why we're friends, but I can't tell whether I view her as a friend or more. And given I acted on this feeling and tried to date friends in the past and it made things go haywire, I'm afraid to do such a thing again.

I've heard a few of those things out there trying to explain bisexuality just like homosexuality and heterosexuality. And basically what they were saying is that male bisexuals are hypersexual and hypermasculine. And while I talk about aesthetics a lot and look at some pornographic/erotic pictures, I don't think I'm by any means anywhere close to hypersexual. I could go my entire life without sex and be perfectly happy. And I'm DEFINITELY not hypermasculine.

I think the study is outright false. I also think there's a lot to be learned about the causes of homosexuality and heterosexuality. But if it's purely biological that's not all that great, a cure for it could be found. I'm far more comfortable and confident in my own hypothesis about things. I certainly don't think it's a choice, but I find my nurture hypothesis more comfortable and more sensible. Of course, even malleability I don't think is a choice, I never chose to find both guys and girls attractive and my greater androgyny preference I discovered, not created. But I'm just as willing to blame experiences for creating this position of feeling. I don't think I'm biologically much different at all from the average human being.

And I personally, can really search deep through my psychology and make all sorts of hypothesis as to why I find such a thing attractive. Really complicated stuff, but I can definitely pinpoint some things about every little part of my sexuality. And the more I think about it, the more I discover.

Of course, I'm not on the ridiculous side of culture like that misandrist nut Andrea Dworkin who thinks it's all nurture and all women should make a choice to become lesbians for women's unity. That's just plain over the top. And it doesn't help that there are funded researches that are claiming different things about men and women's sexuality and polarization all the time. Some claiming women are biologically more bisexual tending than men, or that women's sexuality is more psychological than men's. I think it's complete poppycock. I think the whole science has a long way to come, but it's definitely not a choice. And that trying to change your sexuality can be very mentally damaging.

By the way, just to clarify some of my tiers and what they are.

Top tier is things like flat chested women, tall women, masculine hipped women, muscular women, and feminine "twink" type men. The more qualities of this a person has, the more interesting. I don't have to have all. And using words like "settling" makes me think I gave off the wrong message when making the tier system even though I want to painstaking amount to try to get it across.

Second and third tier type stuff is like Son Goku from DragonBall Z and the occasionally really feminine women and masculine men I come across that I still feel fairly attracted to. I'm totally going black for irl non-animu examples right now, because a lot of the manly guys I like I found in /men/. :/

That is, I'm not meaning tiers to mean like, ultra-high standards. I made an effort to work against that conception with that outer tier "ewwww, I wanna puke" stuff. But it seems like it still happened anyway.:/ Everyone has tiers, and now I just don't know what you mean by scared. Anyway, I don't think gays ever have to settle for the opposite sex. Well, some of them do. But they have have self esteem and are self suppressing.

Oh, and if it's psychology, I think it's more how children learn memes personally, and how they see their peers and society than the whole Freudian parents thing. At least it was for me. Of course I think people who you spend a lot of time around like parents are also obviously very important as an influence as to who you become, but I think Freud type stuff vastly overestimates it. Parents give you all sorts of messages nobody takes into account and Freud was just nuts and sexist with it.

Personally, when I look into my psychology, I see the influence. And I don't see some magical biological factor making me like simple shapes and minute difference in humans better than others to the point I like androgyny the most. Especially considering people are acting like androgyny is an ideal and not a part of my sexuality when I can't tell the difference. And to me dating like some big burly dude or some ultra-feminine woman would probably feel like for me the way dating a woman would feel like for a gay guy. It's like yeah, I could but...hmmm.:/

I guess androgyny is just seen as a standards and superficial thing and not really a sexuality thing. Everybody is comfortable with someone going on about "well I like men" but nobody wants to hear about "yeah, hairless thin shouldered guys", because these people are all like "well sexuality is all penis and vagina and nothing else", and then they go on telling people who like girly guys they aren't really gay or bi because if they were they'd like more masculine and that they just happen to be straight guys who like a few guys who are really girly. Like how in another thread someone said actual gays wouldn't be attracted to someone like Hizaki.

Mar 12, 2010 10:23 AM

May 2009
To describe you as complicated would be an understatement. Then again, most people just can't be bothered to understand themselves so deeply, I suppose.

I'm sure you're not alone in knowing exactly what you want in theory but get all indecisive in practice. For me, it's more about removing whatever mask people may be wearing, but knowing that behind that mask is probably another mask. Er, right, this has nothing to do with sexuality or orientation. Never mind. But what I mean is it's not often I find someone I like, and when I do, there's always a sneaking suspicion that it's all a farce. And then I'd panic at the thought that I could ever find someone like that remotely nice. Yeah, I'll stop rambling XD
Anyway, good luck sorting out your feelings for the female friend!

I find your tier system rather interesting, mainly because I don't really have a type. And here I could be accused of being the person for whom "anyone's good enough". And I do realise not just anyone is good enough for you, but I know I'd feel insecure if my partner were so flexible. I just have this crazy need to feel needed, but that's my own issue, and your partner is not me, so I don't think you need to worry about what I said :)

By the way, does Madonna look androgynous to you? Just curious. To me, she does and doesn't. Maybe that's true androgyny? XD

We'll have to agree to disagree on the nature vs nurture debate, I guess. At least we agree that it's not a choice. I wonder how people (usually gay-bashers) who think it's a choice. Seriously, who the hell would choose to lead a life where they'd be constantly ridiculed by a great number of people? Urgh.

Interesting that you'd say people would try to find a cure. That had never crossed my mind before. Knowing human beings, that wouldn't be completely impossible, but the idea is just scary and quite frankly, disturbing. I'd like to think that we're not so stupid, though.
I'd like to say, though, just because I insist it's a biological thing, I'm not one of those people who think homosexuality is a disease or since I've harped on about genetics, a mutation of sorts. Maybe some people take offence to the idea that homosexuality could be a biological thing because of the possible allusion that it is a sort of mutation, which make them mutants? (Again, NOT my view.)

And basically what they were saying is that male bisexuals are hypersexual and hypermasculine.

Ugh, so way too much testosterone is their explanation? Sounds like such a generalisation.
Um, I was right, maybe it's best to not know.

Of course, I'm not on the ridiculous side of culture like that misandrist nut Andrea Dworkin who thinks it's all nurture and all women should make a choice to become lesbians for women's unity.

Yeah, I don't even know what to say.
First thought: "How did she manage to speak outside of internet forums and actually get her voice heard?"
Second thought: "Are we even supposed to be repeating her ideas to other people? Even if they were to ridicule her"
Third thought: "Why in the world would you bother remembering her name?"
Even if I think her words shouldn't be spread around, I still thank you for letting me know about her existence and delusions. It'll help me on days when I feel stupid; I can feel better knowing there's at least one person dumber :/

Especially considering people are acting like androgyny is an ideal and not a part of my sexuality when I can't tell the difference.

I know you said attraction has nothing to do with sexuality, which is more about preference, but IMHO I think it does. And if you're attracted to androgynous individuals, it's part of your sexuality. Of course I may be wrong, since you know yourself best.

Uh, about Son Goku... Er, what about him is attractive? No offense, I'm just seriously trying to figure out how he would translate to a real person.

Like how in another thread someone said actual gays wouldn't be attracted to someone like Hizaki.
By the same logic, any straight man who likes tomboyish girls can't possibly be straight :facepalm:

Having said all this and read all you've written, I feel a lot more like a hypocrite in only preferring males, and that I wouldn't be attracted to another female who possesses every single characteristic I'd like in a male. It's illogical, but I can't help it.
Now that I'm being made to feel like a hypocrite, I can't imagine how homosexuals can live among gay-haters :(
Mar 12, 2010 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Because man winky is icky.
Mar 12, 2010 12:33 PM

Jan 2010
Because i do not find the same sex as myself atractive.
It's as simple as that.
Trolls. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Because they barge in to every thread YOU can find, that's why.
Mar 12, 2010 12:55 PM

Feb 2008
It's up to in what situation you are. If you ask me who would i prefer more to have family with, i'd say a girl. But if you ask me in general i'd say, I prefer old, wise men.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Mar 12, 2010 3:15 PM

May 2008
I'll comment about personality and niceness in your profile. Should I remember to take the chance.
Athena said:
I find your tier system rather interesting, mainly because I don't really have a type.

Really? I think that everyone has a type, and just doesn't realize it.
Sexuality itself is a "type", being a homosexual means people of the same sex are your 'type'. I'm not saying you're lying, that's just been my understand of the world.

Athena said:
And here I could be accused of being the person for whom "anyone's good enough". And I do realise not just anyone is good enough for you, but I know I'd feel insecure if my partner were so flexible.

That's an interesting double standard you hold there.:/
We'll, you're certainly a bisexual if you think "anyone is good enough".

This seems psychologically based as well from your words.

Athena said:
By the way, does Madonna look androgynous to you? Just curious. To me, she does and doesn't. Maybe that's true androgyny? XD

To me...Madonna doesn't look all that androgynous. What exactly is androgynous about Madonna? She's not like ridiculously hourglass or anything. But hardly anything about her strikes me as particularly masculine.

I like guys who look like this:

And girls who look like this:

There are some far better examples I could give, but my hard drive is a mess.

Athena said:
Seriously, who the hell would choose to lead a life where they'd be constantly ridiculed by a great number of people? Urgh.

As much as I like to stick up for fellow LGBT as a Bisexual myself, I don't think that's necessarily the best argument. Loads of people for some reason or another choose a well hated path. It's not exactly easy being a non-Christian in this country, or an anime otaku, or a libertarian socialist, or a lot of other things people choose to be. People choose to be Nazis, and nobody likes Nazis.

Athena said:
I'd like to say, though, just because I insist it's a biological thing, I'm not one of those people who think homosexuality is a disease or since I've harped on about genetics, a mutation of sorts. Maybe some people take offence to the idea that homosexuality could be a biological thing because of the possible allusion that it is a sort of mutation, which make them mutants? (Again, NOT my view.)

I think to me I've helped been created a sociological nurture determinist due to my run ins with various racialists, social darwinists, and evolutionary psychologists which go against my gender ideologies.

Sexuality is a very hazy thing for people who on both sides there are problems, nature and nurture. Most people are going biology, to go against the nurture Christians who want to nurture a "Christian" sexuality(ironically their Bible condones the rape of small children). I'm more of a nurture counterculturalist. Talking about breast fetishism and androgyny would simply be pointless if I said sexuality was all biological, considering most people think that homosexuality and heterosexuality isn't a penis versus vagina thing.

It's not just my emotional sides of ideology though, while I'm not exactly certain the racialists and ect. are wrong and I do tell myself things so to speak, I'm pretty confident in my side of things being sensible and factual. I'll be the first to admit though that anti-racists have every bit as much agenda as racialists, even though anti-racists are always spending their time decrying the other side has an agenda, instead of debunking their claims.

But I'll just say out there that nature and nurture have some very high stake implications down the line. And a lot of people don't realize it because of the rise of nurture in the religious right.

Athena said:
Yeah, I don't even know what to say.
First thought: "How did she manage to speak outside of internet forums and actually get her voice heard?"

Ahaha, she's been about since before internet forums even existed.
Or at least were very known about.

Athena said:
Third thought: "Why in the world would you bother remembering her name?"

I read up loads on feminists, both one's I agree with an SCUM Manifesto writing nuts who give the whole thing a bad name.

Athena said:
And if you're attracted to androgynous individuals, it's part of your sexuality.

Great, that means calling it a part of my sexuality isn't just an excuse to be superficial!

Athena said:
Uh, about Son Goku... Er, what about him is attractive? No offense, I'm just seriously trying to figure out how he would translate to a real person.

I think it's the juxtaposition of his kind personality and his epic strength.
Unlike a lot of other guys like it, there's majesty. From the beginning to the SS4 and fusion types end, you see all these magnificent outfits, variant transformations, and it's just somehow very royal.

I think that there's a sense of security in that he's nice on an unbelievable level, and also so very strong and mystically strong. I like muscle, not as much on guys as girls, and Goku isn't an exception, but he makes it work in ways I don't usually find attractive. He dresses it up in interesting ways by having a cute face, wearing fusion earrings, baggy blue and orange, growing red body hair, and so forth.

Has a sort of mysterious majestic quality like Rei Ayanami has. And I do like a firm body, somewhere down the line, he manages to make it work for a guy. It makes him kind of cute or security feeling bringing to me instead of being gross. I mean, I already like how muscles are firm and draw lines and curves on the body so to speak. Goku makes it nice. Makes me want to be held in his arms or something like that.

So since people real life aren't as superpowered like that, a muscly guy would have to be really stylish and be cute and have adorable hair to contrast with the muscly manliness.:/

It's not exactly a part of my sexuality that's frequent or I'm fond of, though.:/
Goku has managed to have that overall cool and epic factor that outweighs the manly dude thing. He's cute and nice and stylish and majestic and mysterious all at the same time.

Athena said:
By the same logic, any straight man who likes tomboyish girls can't possibly be straight :facepalm:

Yes, EXACTLY. But you won't believe how many times I've been called a trendy straight person or a self hating bisexual because the guys I like are so girly "you'd might as well go for a girl". Or that since I like flat chested, tall, masculine hipped, broad shouldered, bodybuilding women, I'd might as well just admit to teh ghey, and come out as a homosexual. When I'm neither.

Athena said:
Having said all this and read all you've written

I'm amazed at your patience, especially since I tend to ramble on. You deserve internet points, or something.

Athena said:
I feel a lot more like a hypocrite in only preferring males, and that I wouldn't be attracted to another female who possesses every single characteristic I'd like in a male. It's illogical, but I can't help it.

Wait, you're not bisexual? Well, it's not like you're trying to be hypocritical, if that's even necessarily the proper word.
This makes me fascinated now, what is it you like more about males than females?
Everyone has something they like about one gender more than the other, or we'd all be bisexuals.

Athena said:
Now that I'm being made to feel like a hypocrite, I can't imagine how homosexuals can live among gay-haters :(

Wait, what? I'm definitely not trying to make you feel bad, or like a hypocrite, or whatever. And I really don't understand that last part.
ukonkiviMar 13, 2010 4:14 AM

Mar 12, 2010 6:21 PM

Mar 2009
The prettiest women I've seen have all had a penis.

That is all.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Mar 12, 2010 7:00 PM

Feb 2009
well, its not just a matter of physical attraction. a good portion of why im straight is because boys and girls are programmed to think in different ways and ive just never clicked with a guy.
Mar 13, 2010 12:20 AM

May 2008
Clockwork said:
boys and girls are programmed to think in different ways

And so now we're back to stereotypes.

I disagree.

Mar 13, 2010 2:30 AM

Feb 2008
Clockwork said:
well, its not just a matter of physical attraction. a good portion of why im straight is because boys and girls are programmed to think in different ways and ive just never clicked with a guy.

You sound like, we were living in Matrix.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7894 by 6EyedBastard »»
1 minute ago

» Pick the worst anime from the above user's "Watching" list ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ericonator - Feb 1, 2018

328 by Deyuko »»
3 minutes ago

» Name a song starting with the first letter of the username above!

SnipeStrike - Apr 6

40 by Deyuko »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it a red flag? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

iHateAnimeBro - Apr 24

216 by UncreatedSong »»
7 minutes ago

» What MAL user does the anime character remind you of?

effy_ - 54 minutes ago

5 by mokkocchi »»
7 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.