Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2016 4:18 PM
Jan 2013
I Finished Aria now :). There's only one thing I don't get and that has to do with time and age.
At the start of the series Alice is 14 years old and still in school. Aika is 16 and Akari is 15 but I assume that Akari is born the same year as Aika: Because other wise Akari would call her kohai as she does to Alice. So Akari and Aika is pretty much 2 years older than Alice and have graduated from school during spring the same year the story starts. At the end of the third season, which takes place 2 years later, Alice also graduates from school. Which all makes sense she is now as old as Akari and Aika was at the start of season 1.

But what doesn't make sense is that later in Aria The Avvenire we find out that a year on Aqua have 24 months meaning 1 year on Aqua is 2 years on Earth. This changes everything and stuff doesn't make sense anymore. This would mean that Akari and Aika should also have been in school during the start of the series or that Alice should have graduated a year earlier, but that's not the case.

Also we never got to know who Alicia got married to WTF D:
Oct 22, 2016 4:43 PM
Jul 2009
1. The passing of time doens't make sense in the series. The girls really don't age at all until the plot decides to. If we go by the 14 seasons (there's 14 volumes of manga with a season each) that passed since Akari arrived that should've been 7 earth years.
2. There's a chapter in the manga where they celebrate their half birthday or something like that, I don't remember what they called it exactly.
If you feel like getting more Aria you really should read Aqua/Aria/Special Navigations
Oct 23, 2016 12:12 PM
Jan 2013
that half birthday was also in one of the specials and yes I'm planing on reading the manga. Cool thing that each volume is a season not so cool that they don't age :(. Or are the volumes jumping back and forward instead of being chronological?

More topics from this board

» Question about Alicia

Eleben - May 2

1 by Zarutaku »»
May 2, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Aria the Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Sep 23, 2008

87 by Selleri_UmU »»
May 1, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Aria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

running_lemon - Apr 6, 2007

129 by eblf2013 »»
Mar 25, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Aria the Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Oct 2, 2008

75 by eblf2013 »»
Mar 25, 8:37 AM

» the big 3 Iyashikei Anime

mydaddy - Mar 8

9 by mydaddy »»
Mar 9, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.