Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2010 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
So, what do you think of the movie?
Are you a fan of the games but hate the movie?
A fan of the movie but don't like/ never played the games?
Maybe you love both?

I personally think it was a good film in itself was good. As an adaptation, the story was absolutely terrible. I can't get over what they did to PH...

But the cinematography was absolutely beautiful! The monsters looked fantastic. I loved the nurses, though I'm not quite sure what the SH2 nurses were doing there....unless they were expressing the protagonist's hidden desire to be a lesbian....

I think Yamaoka Akira's music just about saved it, heh heh heh
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 4, 2010 3:06 PM

Oct 2007
I didn't care for the movie much.

I mean, I'm not some psycho purist that goes crazy if the slightest change from the source material is made. In fact, I kind of expect it--I'm shelling out $9-10 for a ticket, I expect to see something more than a scene-by-scene recreation. The movie did really try to keep the spirit of the games in tact, and I do respect that. They did, at least, do an excellent job with the atmosphere and music.

... Well, uh, as good a job as they could do with the music anyway. I mean, seriously, all they had to do was just drop tracks from the game at strategic points--not much work involved. But eh.

What bugged me was mostly:

1.) The genderswap from Harry to Rose. Yeah, I know the reason for it, and honestly it only ticked me off more. I still don't see how a story about a father searching for his daughter can be somehow less "emotionally gripping" than one about a mother searching for hers. Funny, I seem to remember it worked pretty well in this one other story. You might of heard of it, it's called THE GAME YOU BASED YOUR MOVIE ON?
2.) Sean Bean. Did you really go to all the trouble of signing on Sean Bean for your movie just to have him be completely irrelevant for the whole thing?
3.) Pyramid Head. Every miserable, fan-pandering second he was on screen. Sell-out.
4.) The child actress's performance was kind of weak. "Look at me, I'm burning!" Haha, yes, you are, sweetheart.

I could go on, but... yeah, those are probably the biggest complaints I had. DEFINITELY not looking forward to the sequel, at any rate.

... The Lisa cameo was pretty cool though, I guess?
Jul 4, 2010 3:12 PM

Aug 2009
Finally! A reply! *is happy*

I agree with most of your points there, hyattisqueen. Why they had to have Rose instead of Harry made no sense. And calling PH a sell-out, that totally makes sense (I'm a huge PH fan- he should just stick to SH2..)

I love sean Bean though. Yeah, he shouldn't have been in the movies though. Would've been 100000% better if Sean Bean used his real accent in the film xD

hyattisqueen said:

I mean, I'm not some psycho purist that goes crazy if the slightest change from the source material is made.
I wish more people thought like that when it came to anime adaptations...
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 6, 2010 1:17 PM

May 2010
it was goods I liked it
Mar 28, 2012 12:10 PM

Feb 2008
The movie was an utter crap. But I like it, and keep watching it, and will definitely watch and own the second movie once it comes out.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Apr 23, 2012 6:34 AM
Jan 2012
Meh, 'twas okay. The music was obviously awesome (ilu Akira). The whole silent hill-ish climate was okay too...for the half of the movie. The rest was srsly stupid, along with PH and weird Alessa revenge. I liked the end though, I mean this very-very end, when they're going "home".
protagAug 30, 2012 11:38 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Silent Hill Game

Sey-chan - Mar 18, 2008

20 by protag »»
Dec 11, 2012 2:00 PM

Poll: » Favorite Character

Midori-tan - Nov 6, 2008

9 by fluffy_shem »»
Mar 21, 2011 12:11 PM

» Silent hill 6?

thepapercut - Oct 21, 2009

4 by Midori-tan »»
Jun 26, 2010 2:37 PM

» Silent Hill 2 The Movie ANNOUNCED

Eridanus - Jan 20, 2010

2 by Eko »»
Jun 20, 2010 10:30 AM

Poll: » Favorite Soundtrack

Plastikcat - Feb 12, 2009

5 by Pheefa »»
Jan 18, 2010 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.