Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2015 12:54 AM

Apr 2015
Ok I just want to make this clear, this topic is not the same as "Your Favorite FMA Character," rather this is more extreme, and perhaps harder for fans like me that just can't get enough of the cast.

Who are your top 10 characters from the franchise and why?

For me :

#1. Edward Elric

#2. Izumi Curtis

#3. Winry Rockbell

#4. Roy Mustang

#5. Greed(Greedling)

#6. Ling Yao

#7. Scar

#8. Wrath(Brotherhood)

#9. Solf J. Kimblee

#10. Envy
observing a woman's body
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 11, 2015 12:17 PM
Nov 2014
My favorite characters are:
1. Mustang (He could have been the only character and I still would have watched)
2. Ed
3. Wrath (FMAB)
4. King Bradley
5. Riza Hawkeye
6. Winry
7. Gluttony (FMAB)
8. Alphonse
9. Alex Armstrong
10. Lust (Because of Laura Bailey)
Jun 11, 2015 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
MakoHaru520 said:
My favorite characters are:
1. Mustang (He could have been the only character and I still would have watched)
2. Ed
3. Wrath (FMAB)
4. King Bradley
5. Riza Hawkeye
6. Winry
7. Gluttony (FMAB)
8. Alphonse
9. Alex Armstrong
10. Lust (Because of Laura Bailey)

You prefer Gluttony from FMAB to FMA's Gluttony? I love the original Gluttony beacuse of his passion for Lust.

Anyways, Nice List!

It's kind of strange to not have Alex Louis Armstrong, Olivier Armstrong, Lust, Gluttony, and Riza Hawkeye missing from MY list. I love those characters so much, especially Olivier, Alex, and Lust. I feel like those characters just barely didn't make it on my list.
observing a woman's body
Jun 12, 2015 10:12 AM
Nov 2014
AngryAlchemist said:
You prefer Gluttony from FMAB to FMA's Gluttony? I love the original Gluttony beacuse of his passion for Lust.

Anyways, Nice List!

It's kind of strange to not have Alex Louis Armstrong, Olivier Armstrong, Lust, Gluttony, and Riza Hawkeye missing from MY list. I love those characters so much, especially Olivier, Alex, and Lust. I feel like those characters just barely didn't make it on my list.

I forgot about Scar for my list! And yeah I don't think many people like Gluttony from Brotherhood, but I think the stomach thing had something going for it.
Oct 28, 2015 11:00 PM
Sep 2015
1. Edward Elric
2. Hughes
3. Mustang
4. Alphonse Elric
5. Gluttony
6. Scar
7. Winry
8. Basque Grand
9. Wrath
10. Envy
Feb 4, 2016 2:08 PM
Apr 2015
1. Edward Elric
2. Roy Mustang
3. Greed (manga version)
3. Alphonse Elric
4. Riza Hawkeye
6. Envy
7. Winry Rockbell
8. Solf. J. Kimblee (manga version)
9. Ling Yao
10. Homunculus, Dwarf in the Flask/Father
Feb 13, 2016 9:14 PM

Apr 2015
BakfietsRijder said:
1. Edward Elric
2. Hughes
3. Mustang
4. Alphonse Elric
5. Gluttony
6. Scar
7. Winry
8. Basque Grand
9. Wrath
10. Envy

I feel like Hughes would be a better character if he was only in the 2003 anime. In Brotherhood they barely use him. But I get your point, he's amazing. And I don't know I don't really LOVE Alphonse, just like him.
observing a woman's body
Feb 13, 2016 9:16 PM

Apr 2015
DragonFeather said:
1. Edward Elric
2. Roy Mustang
3. Greed (manga version)
3. Alphonse Elric
4. Riza Hawkeye
6. Envy
7. Winry Rockbell
8. Solf. J. Kimblee (manga version)
9. Ling Yao
10. Homunculus, Dwarf in the Flask/Father

Solf. J. Kimblee is awesome in Brotherhood, if you count that as the "manga version" I agree with you, but if you don't like him in Brotherhood then...what LOL?

I should mention that I think that Edward Elric in the 2003 anime is better than Brotherhood
observing a woman's body
Feb 14, 2016 9:06 AM
Apr 2015
AngryAlchemist said:

Solf. J. Kimblee is awesome in Brotherhood, if you count that as the "manga version" I agree with you, but if you don't like him in Brotherhood then...what LOL?

I should mention that I think that Edward Elric in the 2003 anime is better than Brotherhood

Oh! Yes, I meant Greed and Solf J. Kimblee in Brotherhood too. Sometimes there's a LITTLE difference between FMAB and the manga in my opinion, but in the case of those two, there really isn't much of a difference. The only thing is I kind of prefer how Kimblee is drawn in the manga as he waves his hat and disappears :)

At first, Kimblee was my least favorite character in the whole series (and I can't stand in him in 2003, lol), but I think he is really kind of interesting overall, even though he's a complete maniac, lol. Especially in that last scene, he was the reason Edward was able to overcome Pride.

In my opinion, Edward is probably the most interesting in FMA 03, I agree, and I was referring to him in that and in the manga also. Because his character in the manga is very awesome even if he isn't incredibly interesting. For Brotherhood, he's the same as in the manga, but I feel like they made him a little too good. I think they did that with Mustang too. They are both really good people, but they come off as a little ambiguous sometimes in the manga. For instance, I didn't really know how good of a person Mustang was in the manga at first, and I thought Edward was a jerk. But I feel like Brotherhood made them both much nicer. But it's not that big of a difference, and I really like Brotherhood :) FMA 03's Edward goes through a very obvious character arc and learns a lot, and seems more human and is easier to relate too in that way. I think he's more of an awesome character in the manga (and even in Brotherhood), but I really like 03's version.

Sorry this is long, but I love to talk about FMA!! lol :D
Feb 14, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
DragonFeather said:
AngryAlchemist said:

Oh! Yes, I meant Greed and Solf J. Kimblee in Brotherhood too. Sometimes there's a LITTLE difference between FMAB and the manga in my opinion, but in the case of those two, there really isn't much of a difference. The only thing is I kind of prefer how Kimblee is drawn in the manga as he waves his hat and disappears :)

At first, Kimblee was my least favorite character in the whole series (and I can't stand in him in 2003, lol), but I think he is really kind of interesting overall, even though he's a complete maniac, lol. Especially in that last scene, he was the reason Edward was able to overcome Pride.

In my opinion, Edward is probably the most interesting in FMA 03, I agree, and I was referring to him in that and in the manga also. Because his character in the manga is very awesome even if he isn't incredibly interesting. For Brotherhood, he's the same as in the manga, but I feel like they made him a little too good. I think they did that with Mustang too. They are both really good people, but they come off as a little ambiguous sometimes in the manga. For instance, I didn't really know how good of a person Mustang was in the manga at first, and I thought Edward was a jerk. But I feel like Brotherhood made them both much nicer. But it's not that big of a difference, and I really like Brotherhood :) FMA 03's Edward goes through a very obvious character arc and learns a lot, and seems more human and is easier to relate too in that way. I think he's more of an awesome character in the manga (and even in Brotherhood), but I really like 03's version.

Sorry this is long, but I love to talk about FMA!! lol :D

I love it too! I haven't read much of the manga, but the Edward in 2003 is the best. Honestly I think the 2003 Edward is much more human and has better more unique plotlines. Like how he constantly bashes religion but uses Alchemy like a religious item, thinking that science has no boundaries and consequentially causing self blame and even more issues.
observing a woman's body
Feb 17, 2016 11:28 AM

Sep 2007
The following list and rankings pertain to FMA:B only. It has been quite some time since I watched the original 2003 series, but I vastly prefer Brotherhood anyway.

1. Edward Elric
2. Maes Hughes
3. Van Hohenheim
4. Izumi Curits
5. Truth
6. Ling Yao
7. Roy Mustang
8. Alex Louis Armstrong
9. Greed
10. Scar
He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave.
Mar 3, 2016 12:08 AM
Sep 2015
My Top 10-
1. Edward
2. Roy
3. Alphonse
4. Greed
5. Winry
6. Armstrong
7. Izumi
8. Wrath
9. Scar
10. Hawkeye
Oct 22, 2016 6:46 AM
Aug 2016
1# Edward Elric
2# Roy Mustang
3# Maes Hughes
4# Lan Fan (too bad she has jack shit screen and for most of it she's wearing a mask, Lan Fan need more love!)
5# Riza Hawkeye
6# Lust
7# Major Armstrong
8# Izumi Curtis
9# Envy
10# Ling and Greed
KazumaKuzuryuFeb 24, 2017 3:51 AM
Oct 28, 2016 5:26 PM
Jan 2016
1. Izumi Curtis
2. Edward Elric
3. Roy Mustang
4. Greed
5. Maes Hughes
6. Riza Hawkeye
7. Winry Rockbell
8. Envy
9. Pinako Rockbell
10. Maria Ross
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dub or sub? poll ( 1 2 )

fastball611 - May 14, 2008

85 by roseri_yoru »»
Oct 14, 2020 11:15 PM

» Favourite FullMetal Alchemist Character? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sasukexchan - Nov 24, 2007

200 by roseri_yoru »»
Oct 14, 2020 10:59 PM

Poll: » Do you like Edward or Alphonse better?

CriticalParasite - Oct 31, 2016

6 by HoloBlaziken »»
Jan 2, 2018 2:45 PM

» What's Your Alchemist Name? ( 1 2 3 4 )

sifma - Jan 2, 2008

160 by Serp14 »»
Jul 21, 2017 9:59 AM

» Fullmetal Alchemist: Reflections

otakusmaku - Dec 29, 2016

1 by FeliciaMizuhana »»
Apr 25, 2017 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.