Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2014 9:56 PM

Dec 2013
To incorporate a bit more mystery in my daily life I plan to post a riddle daily. I'll probably re-write them so as the solution isn't as easy to find. I'll reveal the solution after twenty-four hours or if someone states it correctly. Feel free to post your own riddles if they're really good ones =).
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 10, 2014 10:39 PM

Dec 2013
Homicide investigators arrive at the scene of a crime. The body of a middle aged obese man lies on the floor with a puddle of blood under his head and a pistol in his hand. One of the detectives spots a recorder, picking it up and playing it the message states. "I'm so very tired of this life. It never seems to get easier no matter how hard I try. So I'm going to end this wretched suffering tonight." A gunshot soon follows the message and ends. The team immediately starts investigating it as a murder case, why?
AstrosSep 17, 2014 2:44 PM
Sep 10, 2014 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
i thought it was recorder as in the instrument lol. anyway, the recorder shouldn't been stopped immediately nor rewound

i am meitantei conan
Sep 10, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
Lol nice, why does meitantei Conan not use capital I's?! You're correct though, if he had killed himself he would not have been able to rewind the message. Seems I need to work on my writing skills, as I didn't mean to imply the message stops abruptly. Just that there was nothing left to be heard of the recording.

Source: http://gpuzzles.com/mind-teasers/detective-murder-or-suicide-puzzle/
Sep 14, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
John Doe's body was found dead in his bedroom by the house gardener Sherry. When asked to explain how she found the body to detective Sherlock Holmes she stated. "I had finished the work outside a bit later than usual. When passing by the house master's window I noticed his study light was still on. Curious to see if he had fallen asleep working as he usually does I decided to look inside. I wiped the frost off the window so I could peer in and saw his limp body. I knocked on the window a few times but there was no response so I became worried.

I went inside and tried calling to him but got no answer again and kicked down the door in case he was seriously hurt. After inspecting the room I had suspicions of foul play and immediately called the police Holmes Sir."

With this statement Holmes immediately knew the gardener was the perpetrator and set out to gather clues and eventually serve them justice. How?
Sep 15, 2014 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
Solution:
AstrosSep 17, 2014 2:33 PM
Sep 15, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
I DIDN'T SEE THIS. THAT'S NOT FAIR.
Sep 17, 2014 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
orithyea said:
I DIDN'T SEE THIS. THAT'S NOT FAIR.

Should check here more often then =P.
Sep 17, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
Charles Marrow was an elderly man who lived alone in a flat. Because of his age and a recent injury he wasn't able to move around comfortably. As such most of the people who knew him delivered things right to his house. Though one Sunday afternoon there was something wrong. The postman going about his route felt there was something amiss.

Outside Charles house were many items that he hadn't collected. After knocking a few times with no response he decided to see if he could get a glimpse through the key hole. Peering inside he saw a pool of blood surrounding Charles body on the floor. Calling police the CID soon arrived on the scene. Making note of the items that were left outside and not picked up. Two bottles of warm milk, Thursday's paper, unopened mail, gifts, and a basket of fruit. Wasting no time they find evidence convicting the murderer. Who was the murderer?
Nov 12, 2014 8:15 AM
Nov 26, 2014 8:18 PM

Dec 2013
Gatomon said:

Correct, I despise the updating systems in clubs. Wish they would be bumped for every update.
Mar 22, 2015 6:53 PM

Dec 2013
I have a riddle that was posted in CD and can't seem to unwrap my head around it. Perhaps I stayed too focused on it but I really want to crack it. Post your thoughts as some help would be welcome.

Monstrum said:
Hello! Recently, I was reading a book I got from my shelf. And I was reading the notes at the back, handwritten by me from the past years. I got intrigued that at the bottom, there is a game. It says:

"Listen. I want you to decode the riddle found in this book. You will know more. A 12-letter word is waiting."

I scanned all pages in the book and I found 8 numbers, handritten, on corners on some pages.

• I got "6" on a blank page before page 3
  • I got "1" on page 6
  • I got "7" on page 15
  • I got "5" on page 92
  • I got "8" on page 94
  • I got "3" on page 125
  • I got "2" on page 135
  • I got "4" on page 191

I got no more clues other than that.

The book is this

Hope you could help me!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Mystery Discussion

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

1 by Astros »»
Jan 13, 2015 11:49 AM

» Recommendations

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

0 by Astros »»
Sep 10, 2014 10:23 PM

» Mystery Catalog

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

0 by Astros »»
Sep 10, 2014 10:12 PM

» Mystery Authors

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

0 by Astros »»
Sep 10, 2014 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.