Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2009 8:15 PM

Oct 2009
for me, i love the characters (especially nausicaa, such strength all-around)
and the look of the settings
i also like the message of the movie, about taking care of the earth.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 27, 2011 8:31 PM
Feb 2011
I saw both the movie and read the manga. i'll pretty much always be talking from the manga standpoint because the manga is the whole story while the movie skims the top of the first 2 volumes.

ANWAY

I liked Nausicaa alot. Miyazaki's heroines are always VERY well done, and Nausicaa herself is no exception. but as for non-Nausicaa characters i gotta go with Asbel. *frustrated face* dangit Miyazaki always makes the perfect heroine-hero set up. I like how Asbel changes to be more like Nausicaa as everything goes on. Ghibli heroes are always honest and strong and the heroines are always brave and gentle. which in turn makes me melt whenever romance/chemistry happens between them.
Jul 8, 2011 12:57 AM
Jul 2010
Nausicaä is the best manga ever. It was only seven volumes but it contained so much. More text than series twice its length, each word worth internalizing, and no words obscuring the always perfect art. The themes work on so many levels, too. Every assumption we can make about the things we see gets flipped on its head by the end. Lazy aristocrats reveal their innocent artistic talents, hostile ecosystem existing not as the judgement of Earth but as the creation of man... so many moralities and conflicting agendas packed in.

I could have read only it and be satisfied with my taste.

Can't believe Miyazaki hasn't put out another long series. I mean yeah he makes his masterpiece movies, but Nausicaä is pure and concentrated Miyazaki genius.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Add characters

GenieGin13 - Dec 11, 2009

1 by 002173 »»
Apr 4, 2011 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.