Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2009 11:33 AM
Mar 2008
Praise: The best casting in my opinion was Alan Rickman as Severus Snape, and Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange. I don't believe there's a soul on earth who'd act either of those as well as these awesome actors! Other great casting was Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy, Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley, Robbie Coltraine as Hagrid (although he let himself down in Half-Blood Prince, imo)... which reminds me, the people who played Cormac MacLaggen and Lavender Brown in Half-Blood Prince were simply perfect! In fact, I think Lavender Brown is one of the best acted characters in the whole series! Oh gods, and I nearly forgot - Luna and Neville are perfectly acted too :3

Criticism: Ah. Bad casting. Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley - too young and then too mature. Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew - too much of a charicature. Whatsherface as Umbridge - just didn't like her. Maggie Smith as Minerva MacGonagall - she's a great actress but she's way older than I imagined Minerva to be. And Tom, the barman of the Leaky Cauldron, as a hunchback in Prisoner of Azkaban? Noo! It just didn't work DX I'm sure I'm missing people out, maybe I'll add to this list later.

Suggestions: My first suggestion - well it's not really a suggestion. You see, for me, Sirius Black = Strider, whose real name turns out to be Aragorn (you know him, right? ;D) So for me Sirius should be a lot rougher and yet a lot more attractive and definitely a lot less mad xD But I guess Viggo Mortensen wouldn't have worked as Sirius. So I'm struggling to think who I want instead!

I think David Thewlis does a good job as Remus Lupin, but he doesn't look at all like I expected Lupin to look. Then, I set to thinking - what *do* I imagine Lupin to look like? I couldn't answer my own question. Then, Lord of the Rings helped again! I was playing the game as Faramir and after completing one of the levels, I looked at Faramir's picture - and oh my gods! I had found my Lupin!! For me he has the perfect face for Lupin - it's kind of wolfish, but at the same time very calming and sober, and very very pretty >w<
Pictures:

I used to hate Michael Gambon as Dumbledore, until Half Blood Prince. But he's still not quite what I'd expect, visually. And then I set to thinking - Richard Harris isn't my perfect idea of Dumbledore either. I just assumed that Ian McKellen would have been the right man for the job, although he still wasn't perfect - it sounds stupid, but he has a big nose xD

It wasn't until I saw an old episode of Top Gear that I found my Dumbledore: Patrick Stewart!! I hadn't even thought of him before but ever since that moment he has been my favourite for the role. For one thing, he has "no accent" (obviously he has a British accent, but he has a neutral one, whereas Michael Gambon had an Irish accent) and for me Dumbledore has a perfectly unaccented voice. His voice is also quite deep and calming without being harsh. Patrick Stewart would be able to portray all aspects of Dumbledore's character - the humour and magic, the care and affection, the anger and the raw power. And he definitely looks the part. Blue eyes, long thin nose... just give him long white hair and beard and half-moon glasses and he's Albus >w<
Pictures:

I also think that if they ever remake the series a long way down the line (a decade or two) then they should consider Richard Armitage for the role of Severus Snape. He wouldn't be able to beat Alan Rickman, but he'd be spectacular *w*
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 11, 2009 2:33 PM

Mar 2008
aw man, this is really hard and will end up being really really really long ^__^;;

but, aside from agreeing with everything Teriyaki said xDD - as always, ne? - here's my blow-by-blow opinion ;3 (and don't worry, they do get shorter as they go down, you can actually watch me realising how little people will want to actually read all of this xDD)

Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter = 8.5/10

Rupert Grint as Ronald Weasley = 10/10

Emma Watson as Hermione Granger = 7/10

Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy = 10/10

Alan Rickman as Severus Snape = 100/10

Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange = 10/10

Richard Harris as Dumbledore = 8/10

Michael "Corner-Man!" Gambon as Dumbledore = 7/10

Gary Oldman as Sirius Black = 5/10

Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood = 10/10

Ralphe Fiennes as Voldemort = 10/10

Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley = 4/10

Jessie Caves as Lavender Brown = 10/10

Imelda Staunton as Umbridge = 6/10

Julie Walters as Molly Weasley = 4/10

and maybe I'll stop there.. seeing as I think I've ranted at everyone I really wanted to rant at (apart from Kamelot but I always want to rant about them and this is not the place xDD) and sorry to Teri ^__^;; I realise I didn't follow your 'Praise, Criticism, Suggestions?' structure but I have a feeling you enjoyed reading it anyways, even if no one else will because it's so damn long DX apologies to all those people who have lives and don't want to read the rabblings of me >w< and also apologise to fans of actors/characters/films I've expressed anti-opinions on ^__^;; gomen!

oh and by the way, everyone got an average score of 13.9/10.

I kind of think Snape's score mayyyy have screwed with the average a little ^__^;;
-Chrissi-chan-Sep 11, 2009 2:36 PM
Sep 11, 2009 2:39 PM

Mar 2008
oh gods I forgot:

Whatever her name is as Cho Chang = 2/10

that'll bring the average down a little ^__^;;
Sep 11, 2009 2:57 PM
Mar 2008
Can't find words for the awesome.
Sep 11, 2009 4:15 PM

Mar 2008
haha xD thanks! glad you enjoyed reading it - it is, after all, pretty much the reason I wrote it >w< and you never know, maybe it will inspire others to come onto our humble page and rant a little xD fingers crossed, ne? ^w^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favourite Pairings ;]] (het, yaoi or yuri)

deletemal - Nov 8, 2008

43 by Ashi-nyan »»
May 3, 2011 11:44 AM

» ::CLOSED:: THIS IS THE FINAL!!

deletemal - Aug 31, 2009

40 by Slut »»
Dec 1, 2009 5:11 AM

Sticky: » HP NEWS~! If you know something, share it ^_^

deletemal - Nov 16, 2008

6 by deletemal »»
Sep 16, 2009 10:06 AM

» ::CLOSED:: THIRD-PLACE PLAY-OFF

deletemal - Aug 28, 2009

34 by deskrabbit »»
Aug 29, 2009 4:01 AM

» Half-Blood Prince: Your verdict?

deletemal - Jul 16, 2009

3 by -Chrissi-chan- »»
Aug 28, 2009 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.