Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2014 8:40 PM
Oct 2013
What's everyone looking forward to watching during Spring season?

Right now I'm thinking that Captain Earth looks pretty good. May give Irregular at Magic High School a watch too.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 23, 2014 10:39 PM
Mar 2014
I'll come back here in a week after I touch on part of this in the podcast. I'll only have four to point in the 'cast, so I'll have plenty to comment on.
Mar 27, 2014 2:02 PM
Mar 2014
I'm thinking Selector Infected Wixoss, whatever that Volleyball anime was called, and Black Bullet. I didn't look too closely at the list though, so maybe something else will catch my eye.
Mar 31, 2014 11:03 PM
Mar 2014
Now I can talk!

Will be Watching:
Selector Infected Wixoss
-Cautiously interested in this one
-Series Comp: Mari Okada (AnoHana, Nagi no Asukara, Toradora)
-Character Designer: Kyuta Sakai (Steins;Gate)
-Director: Takuya Sato (Steins;Gate)
-J.C. Staff (Railgun, Golden Time, Witch Craft Works)
-Good Pedigree, good chances

Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara
-Also known as Gaworare
-Sounds like a fun romantic comedy
-Lampshading flags, I'm sold

Date a Live 2
-My brain is ready for melting
-Should be fun

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
-Translated: The Irregular at Magic High School
-It could be fun. It could be good... but it's by madhouse
-I expect top notch animation with a passable plot execution

Possible pickups
Knights of Sidonia
-Mech show
-May be dark and interesting
-Netflix!?

Captain Earth
-Bones production
-Mechs
-Good animation, but I'm not sure on generic Bones plot though

Gokukoku no Brynhildr
-Psychological and bloody, but all the PVs are experiencing extreme mood dissonance
-It's an interesting concept, I very well may be watching

Akuma no Riddle
-Yuri action series with people dying
-I expect insanity and I damn well better get it.

Interested
No Game No Life
-Entertaining adventure with comedy

Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi
-Anime of the Game
-A show about alchemists. That's all I got here

Black Bullet
-Action and sci-fi

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
-Ecchi... okay...
-Propensity for comedy

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
-Slice of Life romantic comedy
-Reason for mentioning: I haven't hit my romantic comedy quota this season

Hitsugi no Chaika
- Action adventure by Bones
- Comedy, fantasy, romance
-Weird mix to be sure and the premise is weird sounding.
dexomegaMar 31, 2014 11:40 PM
Apr 3, 2014 1:12 PM
Mar 2014
Do guys have a link to a page or site that has updated short descriptions of all the shows in the upcoming season? I usually wait until the recommendation lists come out on TAY and Kotaku, but I know everybody has to be getting their info from somewhere.
Apr 3, 2014 1:35 PM
Mar 2014
Richard puts out his mega-list around this time, so watch for that. Other than that, I tend to gleam a lot of information from Crunchyroll's newsfeed as well as other news channels I follow.

If you want a list, Anichart isn't bad, but it isn't amazing either. Sometimes Anichart gets things spectacularly wrong, but it's a good enough resource for the average person.

I've come to the conclusion that Gokukoku no Brynhildr is either going to be glorious or tank worse than Magical Warfare. There is no middle ground.
dexomegaApr 3, 2014 1:40 PM
Apr 3, 2014 7:05 PM
Mar 2014
Oh! I can't believe I forgot about Mekaku City Actors. Hopefully CR picks it up.
Apr 4, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2013
Just curious but is it usual for it to be this late to hear where a lot of series will be streaming for us?

Upon further review, I'm definitely think Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou and Black Bullet are interesting along with Captain Earth and One Week Friends. I'm lukewarm on Irregular at Magic High School but will likely give it a shot. I'll likely give a lot of other shows shots based on what Ani-TAY is saying though.
Apr 4, 2014 7:19 PM
Mar 2014
I'm pretty sure most announcements are made the day of or the day before the shows air, that's how it's been on crunchyroll for quite a few series. Some were announced a couple of days in advance though. The point is most announcements are made shortly before the shows begin. I have a premium membership for Crunchyroll and for Funimation and both seem to do it the same way.
Apr 5, 2014 4:30 AM
Mar 2014
Ok so today I will be trying out on this fine saturday:

On CR
Irregular at Magic High School
The World Is Still Beautiful
Blade and Soul

On Funimation
Dragonar
Daimidaler (I think CR said they have this too, but doesn't show up under spring 2014 tag yet)

I will probably drop a lot of these after one or two episodes, but you never know. Usually I also pick up more of the comedy/slice of life stuff after it gets recommendations. Still awaiting who will be simulcasting Hanamonogatari (which is my only sure thinge) though I'd imagine Crunchyroll will get it.

As an aside, over the past few days I've been watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, which was mentioned in the Ani-TAY podcast. It is available for stream on the Manga.com site (which has a surprisingly fast buffer-free player, probably from lack of traffic). The hilariously terrible OP and ED are amazing, they will shoot you back to the early nineties. The show is dubbed, overall it is strangely charming. It is dated though, so beware if you are used to modern anime styles.
Apr 5, 2014 10:09 AM
Mar 2014
The more I see, the more interested I am in Gokukoku no Brynhildr. I really hope they manage to pull it off.

I've been watching Cross Game since Aestevalis mentioned it on the 'cast. Very nice slice-of-life indeed.
Apr 5, 2014 6:49 PM
Mar 2014
Early Returns on Funimation shows (no spoilers)

Dragonar Academy - surprisingly not terrible, standard HS stuff with dragons and some tech, more serious than the OP and ED seem to suggest (in 1st ep so far). The ED is slightly reminiscent of Haiyore Nyarko-san for some reason.

Daimidaler - sort of bad, though voice cast is full of people I like, and humor pretty offbeat w/ antagonists. Like a giant mech version of Is this a Zombie with the protagonist of High School DxD (no nudity though).

I'll post up any thoughts on the CR shows probably tomorrow.
Apr 5, 2014 7:22 PM
Mar 2014
Good lord, Crunchyroll has gotten almost every show this season.
Apr 5, 2014 10:01 PM
Oct 2013
I'm glad Crunchyroll has pretty much got everything, I'd rather not have to subscribe again to Funimation. And they got Brynhildr too which I'll definitely give a shot based on Dex's interest in it.
Apr 5, 2014 10:24 PM
Mar 2014
I, for one, welcome our new Crunchyroll overlords.
Apr 6, 2014 7:34 AM
Mar 2014
It would be easier if Crunchyroll had everything, they have the best interface by far. I pick up funimation for a month or two at a time and then drop it until a new series I want to marathon gets completed. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago for Noragami. I just can't stand watching on Hulu, because of the commercials. I'd pay extra if Hulu had a commercial free option.
Apr 6, 2014 11:10 AM
Mar 2014
Funimation's video streaming service kind of sucks. I have no trouble with using the app on my phone, but when I try to stream on my computer, it always stops to buffer. Funimation is pretty much only good for watching series that have already aired anyways.
Apr 6, 2014 11:29 AM
Oct 2013
Yup, funimation streaming sucks. If they had a console app, I'd love them because I like watching dubs while I work out (subs don't work nearly as well for this)
Apr 6, 2014 12:38 PM
Mar 2014
Yeah there is something wrong with Funimation on Browsers, and the dedicated App for android has a terrible interface, but no problem streaming. I guess you can chromecast the app to a TV... It would be great if they had a console app or set top box app (I just got a Fire TV yesterday, that thing is screaming fast).

But man I can't live with commercials when marathoning (its ok for simulcast one offs).
Apr 6, 2014 2:16 PM
Mar 2014
The interface on android sucks, but it's much better if you add shows to the "my shows" list. It's still a pain to find the actual show first though. And honestly, Funimation is missing out by not having a console app, considering the fact that most of the people who watch anime also play video games.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» MAL Challenge Help

Kikoku - Feb 13, 2016

1 by Gugsy »»
Apr 30, 2016 5:40 PM

» AniTAY 2016 MAL Challenge Forum

Gugsy - Jan 10, 2016

14 by TheOwlWeeb »»
Feb 15, 2016 9:57 AM

» The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behaviour - Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

mdubs - Apr 10, 2014

3 by jonuiuc »»
Jun 15, 2014 5:14 AM

» Black Bullet Discusssion [Spoilers}

jonuiuc - Apr 8, 2014

6 by dexomega »»
May 11, 2014 9:14 PM

» Captain Earth - Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

mdubs - Apr 7, 2014

3 by mdubs »»
May 7, 2014 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.