Forum Settings
Forums

Do you actually read through a thread before responding?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2014 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
I read the OP as long as it's not tl;dr, but when I make a thread I tend to read almost all the posts.
Jaguer91Feb 19, 2014 7:46 PM
I luv u
Feb 19, 2014 7:37 PM
Nov 2008
FreshPrinceofMAL said:

And then there are people whose posts I just ignore by default or stop reading after they have reiterated themselves a bazillion times.

Question: Why not just set such users to blocked? I've noticed this response more than once.

no-thanksFeb 20, 2014 1:14 AM
Feb 20, 2014 12:38 AM

Sep 2011
Like any other threads, I tend skim through the OP's long paragraphs. Sometimes I read the whole thing. But I mostly get lazy of reading the whole thing. Also, I only read the first page and the last page if the pages are long.
Feb 20, 2014 12:56 AM

Apr 2010
a good 35% of the time i only read the thread Topic Title.
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Feb 20, 2014 1:26 AM

Jul 2011
Tachii said:
A list of what I usually do when I forum:

1) Skip one-liners. They're usually pointless. (If you want to be read, write more than 10 words, but don't write like, an insanely large paragraph without punctuation.)
2) Read the topic and opening post: make a judgment if people will actually post interesting replies. If yes, then read the first and last page if people are actually posting interesting replies. If yes, read the middle bits.
3) Ignore certain users' posts. You know they won't have anything better to say anyways. Conversely, always read certain user's posts. They usually have something valuable/interesting/entertaining to say.

Pretty much sums it up for me as well. The exception is when a thread starts going over 10 pages, in which case I will read the first couple of pages and the last, unless a significant debate is going that captures my attention. I rarely post on these though unless the topic significantly interests me as by the time you start reaching that amount of pages someone has already hashed out anything you would have said.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
28 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

27 by Rhaelynne »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

42 by cyandaqil »»
1 hour ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

69 by neol3 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

63 by cyandaqil »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.