Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 30, 9:26 AM

Aug 2020
I mean considering how good the first 2 seasons were I’m actually thinking that this will reach heights that no other anime from this year will reach.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 9:34 AM
Jul 2022
Going off of what I know happens. It has an insanely high chance. Arc 4 maybe the best overall. This has some of the best and darkest moments imo.
Mar 30, 9:38 AM
Feb 2020
I’d say maybe. This year we have 3 other big ones that are HIGHLY anticipated. Mushuko Tensei S2 P2 (idk how to spell it), Konosuba S3, and lastly the one that has been anticipated and asked for almost 10 years now after the OG s2 dropped Spice & Wolf. This remakes is supposedly to be way more faithful to the source material as the original 2 seasons were not so much but both still scoring well about an 8 on mal. Plus the LN are ranked higher than Re:Zero source material by about 2 ranks on Mal at #31 in regard to all manga and LN. Spice and Wolf has been highly anticipated and in terms of all anime coming out this year is the only one besides Mushuko and Konosuba to actually rival Re:Zero (tho I will say I’m a lil biased but again keep in mind that light novel rank if they do well)
Mar 30, 9:40 AM

Aug 2020
Astrid_Bear said:
I’d say maybe. This year we have 3 other big ones that are HIGHLY anticipated. Mushuko Tensei S2 P2 (idk how to spell it), Konosuba S3, and lastly the one that has been anticipated and asked for almost 10 years now after the OG s2 dropped Spice & Wolf. This remakes is supposedly to be way more faithful to the source material as the original 2 seasons were not so much but both still scoring well about an 8 on mal. Plus the LN are ranked higher than Re:Zero source material by about 2 ranks on Mal at #31 in regard to all manga and LN. Spice and Wolf has been highly anticipated and in terms of all anime coming out this year is the only one besides Mushuko and Konosuba to actually rival Re:Zero (tho I will say I’m a lil biased but again keep in mind that light novel rank if they do well)

I doubt that those animes will even get close to re:zero and Ngl I’m more of a konosuba fan so I’m not even biased here tbh I also enjoy jobless reincarnation.
Mar 30, 9:41 AM
Feb 2020
filthyfrank8142 said:
Astrid_Bear said:

I doubt that those animes will even get close to re:zero and Ngl I’m more of a konosuba fan so I’m not even biased here tbh I also enjoy jobless reincarnation.

Either way it’s gonna be a damn good season. But we all know that crunchyroles rigged ass “anime of the year” ain’t even gonna acknowledge these 4 lol
Mar 30, 9:56 AM
Nov 2015
We'll see. It's only winter season, but Dangers in My Heart season 2 is right now at 8.83. Higher than any season of Re:Zero. And I believe that Konosuba and Spice & Wolf may get high scores as well.
JustifierMar 30, 9:59 AM
Mar 30, 10:03 AM
Jul 2022
Six more hours of a little boy crying = anime of the year for you? 🤣
Mar 30, 10:07 AM
Oct 2020
Justifier said:
We'll see. It's only winter season, but Dangers in My Heart season 2 is right now at 8.83. Higher than any season of Re:Zero. And I believe that Konosuba and Spice & Wolf may get high scores as well.

Kingdom is even higher in rank, but no one's talking about that, just cause how niche it is
Mar 30, 10:13 AM
Oct 2020
Public opinion? Maybe? Idk, there's konosuba and of course demon slayer and possibly one punch man, well can't say anything about that since it's not confirmed when it's coming out

Personal opinion? Not even close, we have kingdom that's already out, and in terms of the ones that are not out, I'm more excited for animes like bartender, kinnikuman and isekai shikakku, re zero however I cannot say anything until I watch it
Mar 30, 10:54 AM
Dec 2021
For sure, this already is my aoty
Mar 30, 11:11 AM

Aug 2020
Justifier said:

Eh dangers in my heart had less viewers though, it’s not really a fair comparison also re:zero season 2 by the time it was airing also had like an 8.7-8.8 rating but the rating went down by the years. Also dangers in my heart season 2 is like a 8/10 realistically while ppl are calling it peak 10/10 even saying that it’s better than love is war, when it does the bare minimum and doesn’t come close to love is war.
filthyfrank8142Mar 30, 11:20 AM
Mar 30, 11:18 AM
Aug 2021
Even if it doesn’t win aoty, it’s still my aoty you feel me
Mar 30, 11:24 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to filthyfrank8142
Justifier said:

Eh dangers in my heart had less viewers though, it’s not really a fair comparison also re:zero season 2 by the time it was airing also had like an 8.7-8.8 rating but the rating went down by the years. Also dangers in my heart season 2 is like a 8/10 realistically while ppl are calling it peak 10/10 even saying that it’s better than love is war, when it does the bare minimum and doesn’t come close to love is war.
filthyfrank8142 said:
Eh dangers in my heart had less viewers though, it’s not really a fair comparison also re:zero season 2 by the time it was airing also had like an 8.7-8.8 rating but the rating went down by the years. Also dangers in my heart season 2 is like a 8/10 realistically while ppl are calling it peak 10/10 even saying that it’s better than love is war, when it does the bare minimum and doesn’t come close to live is war.
I agree some people overpraise Danger in my heart in this forums. I hope Re zero also doesn't turn out like that so I will try to keep my expectation low.
Mar 30, 11:41 AM

Jan 2018
I'm as excited as anyone for Re:Zero Season 3 but let's not get carried away.

The best part of the season will be in the second half and it will more than likely air as a second part in 2025.
Mar 30, 12:14 PM

Jan 2019
Since it adapts the most action-packed (Arc 5) and best arc (Arc 6) of the series in 37-39 episodes, 2025 AOTY is very easy.

However, I'm afraid award shows like Crunchyroll often overlook Isekai due to its bad reputation and instead directly choose the most popular shounen of the year.

I don't have doubt many places other than Crunchyroll, Re:Zero will easily have AOTY.

Even the first 13 episodes (Arc 5) are better than anything in 2024, anyway.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Mar 30, 12:28 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Justifier
@Justifier Dangers In My Heart 2 has only received 35,000 votes.

If any season of Re:Zero had received 35,000 votes, its rating would be above 9.0.

Calculations don't work that way. Moreover, Re:Zero is an insanely popular yet niche seinen series that receives a lot of hate. People who wouldn't like Dangers In My Heart simply don't watch it, but haters continue to watch Re:Zero.

Re:Zero Season 3 will easily have 9.0+ rating, if it split to 3-cours all 3 Parts will have 9.00+ rating.

Mar 30, 12:41 PM

Apr 2022
Well yes, but as it airs in Fall, it will be eligible for the title in 2025
Mar 30, 12:50 PM
Apr 2021
season 3 part 2 will clear 2025 easily
Mar 30, 2:11 PM
Mar 2023
has everyone forgotten that Frieren is counted as an anime from this year?
Mar 30, 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
From what I read of arc 5 that might be pretty likely. As of now my main aoty goes to Mashle s2 though.
Mar 30, 3:27 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Jmob1
has everyone forgotten that Frieren is counted as an anime from this year?
@Jmob1

1- How Fall 2023 and Fall 2024 anime will be in same awards? Crunchyroll is the only one does that Fall counted as next year shit. Even though JJK won AOTY with 4-5 episodes, lmao.

2- Re:Zero >>>> Frieren

Anyway Frieren does not count because for Crunchyroll Frieren will be 2024 anime while for others it is 2023 anime.
Same goes for Re:Zero, Re:Zero will be 2025 anime for crunchyroll. Not even need to mention Cour2 and Cour3 of Re:Zero will be in 2025 as well.

Mar 30, 3:30 PM
Mar 2023
Okeanix said:
@Jmob1

1- How Fall 2023 and Fall 2024 anime will be in same awards? Crunchyroll is the only one does that Fall counted as next year shit. Even though JJK won AOTY with 4-5 episodes, lmao.

Anyway Frieren does not count because for Crunchyroll Frieren will be 2024 anime while for others it is 2023 anime.
Same goes for Re:Zero, Re:Zero will be 2025 anime for crunchyroll. Not even need to mention Cour2 and Cour3 of Re:Zero will be in 2025 as well.

yh that's what I meant. Frieren is gonna be in the crunchyroll anime awards 2024. when you say anime awards, it's not like ur thinking of cbr's list or something, it's crunchyroll. so maybe frieren won't be on personal lists for 2024 or other places ones, but for the main ones, Frieren and Shibuya will clean out probably. though I haven't read Re zero so I can't be sure, but even after watching s1 and 2, I doubt it's gonna beat the show that's a whole .3 above the competition rn
Mar 30, 4:01 PM
Mar 2023
people who will say solo leveling is the anime of the year are 🤡🤡🤡
Mar 30, 4:15 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Jmob1
Okeanix said:
@Jmob1

yh that's what I meant. Frieren is gonna be in the crunchyroll anime awards 2024. when you say anime awards, it's not like ur thinking of cbr's list or something, it's crunchyroll. so maybe frieren won't be on personal lists for 2024 or other places ones, but for the main ones, Frieren and Shibuya will clean out probably. though I haven't read Re zero so I can't be sure, but even after watching s1 and 2, I doubt it's gonna beat the show that's a whole .3 above the competition rn
@Jmob1 In Crunchyroll AOTY, Solo Leveling will win anyway since it's their most watched and highest rated anime in the CR, 3x more votes than Frieren and maybe 5x more viewers.

Nothing can beat Re:Zero S3, specificially 37-39 episodes of peak.

Mar 30, 4:26 PM

Aug 2014
Okeanix said:
@Jmob1 In Crunchyroll AOTY, Solo Leveling will win anyway since it's their most watched and highest rated anime in the CR, 3x more votes than Frieren and maybe 5x more viewers.

S3 hasn't even come out and you are talking like it has been out for some years knowing everything about it. Just get a life already, not everything revolves about Re:Zero.
Mar 30, 4:46 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to GTRaijin
Okeanix said:

S3 hasn't even come out and you are talking like it has been out for some years knowing everything about it. Just get a life already, not everything revolves about Re:Zero.
@GTRaijin Discussing Re:Zero in a thread titled 'Is Re:Zero Going to Get AOTY?' is not allowed?

It seems you're not aware of the topic at hand, I guess.

Also, I've read the source material. Therefore, Season 3 will be better than the first two seasons combined, which sets a bar no other anime can surpass. Winning AOTY will be easy.

Mar 30, 4:57 PM

Aug 2014
Okeanix said:
@GTRaijin Discussing Re:Zero in a thread titled 'Is Re:Zero Going to Get AOTY?' is not allowed?

Also, I've read the source material. Therefore, Season 3 will be better than the first two seasons combined, which sets a bar no other anime can surpass. Winning AOTY will be easy.

Do you even read what you write? Are we forgetting the fact that you went all the way to comment on every Frieren related post just to shit on it and worship Re:Zero? At this point I guess we should count on you, not the studio who is making Re:Zero because it feels like you know more than them.
Mar 30, 5:31 PM
Nov 2022
filthyfrank8142 said:
Justifier said:

Well I agree it’s not as good as my second fav anime under Rezero, which is kaguya, it doesn’t mean it’s not a 10/10 series
Mar 30, 5:35 PM
Nov 2022
GTRaijin said:
Okeanix said:

Do you even read what you write? Are we forgetting the fact that you went all the way to comment on every Frieren related post just to shit on it and worship Re:Zero? At this point I guess we should count on you, not the studio who is making Re:Zero because it feels like you know more than them.

Why would you shit on frieren it’s a peak series a masterpiece but I’m a Rezero fan I know it’s way better but it does stop frieren from being peak, 2023 frieren saved fantasy but remember 2016 Rezero saved isekai and fantasy, it’s all good both shows are masterpieces
Mar 30, 5:36 PM
Nov 2022
GTRaijin said:
Okeanix said:

Why would you shit on frieren it’s a peak series a masterpiece but I’m a Rezero fan I know it’s way better but it does stop frieren from being peak, 2023 frieren saved fantasy but remember 2016 Rezero saved isekai and fantasy, it’s all good both shows are masterpieces
Mar 30, 6:07 PM

Jun 2021
@GTRaijin

That guy is a rare case. Don't take him too seriously. He convinced himself that there is nothing better than Re:Zero in the world, and he is repeatedly trying to push his beliefs on other users.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Mar 30, 8:09 PM
Nov 2020
it's not a frieren or rezero thread without Okeanix
Mar 30, 9:16 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Miyukikurogane
filthyfrank8142 said:
Justifier said:

Well I agree it’s not as good as my second fav anime under Rezero, which is kaguya, it doesn’t mean it’s not a 10/10 series
@Miyukikurogane I mean you have like around 50 shows as a 10/10 my judgement is way different than yours. A 10/10 to me is a special score that are reserved for stuff that is like a once in a life time show, a show that changed my life, or just a show that I felt that was truly special and made me feel something for the characters.
Mar 30, 10:38 PM
Mar 2021
I have a feeling that Frieren gonna take AOTY.
Mar 30, 10:40 PM
Mar 2021
Jmob1 said:
Okeanix said:
@Jmob1

Shibuya doesnt count in 2024.
Mar 30, 11:03 PM
Feb 2024
filthyfrank8142 said:
Astrid_Bear said:

well mt still has a pretty big fanbase so it could be tough
Mar 31, 3:24 AM

Mar 2024
No.

Next question?
Mar 31, 5:35 AM
May 2020
Really going to come down to production. Not sure how must trust we should put in current White Fox. Could really go either way.

If they nail the production it’s a front runner for sure.
Mar 31, 5:59 AM
Mar 2023
Deadass69 said:
Jmob1 said:

it will. the jjk that was in the 2023 crunchyroll awards was jjk the hidden inventory arc. it's like splitting aot the final season part 1 and 2 for the awards, they just didn't make it very clear
Mar 31, 6:47 AM
Mar 2021
Jmob1 said:
Deadass69 said:

it will. the jjk that was in the 2023 crunchyroll awards was jjk the hidden inventory arc. it's like splitting aot the final season part 1 and 2 for the awards, they just didn't make it very clear

Hunh? So youre telling me a 4 to 5 eps arc won AOTY? I think youre mistaken. JJK stopped airing in 2023, so it doesnt count in 2024.
Mar 31, 6:47 AM
Mar 2021
Jmob1 said:
Deadass69 said:

Hunh? So youre telling me a 4 to 5 eps arc won AOTY? I think youre mistaken. JJK stopped airing in 2023, so it doesnt count in 2024.
Mar 31, 7:56 AM

Aug 2020
Deadass69 said:
Jmob1 said:

I’m pretty sure it did. The anime awards of last year and this year took out whatever aired in the fall season due to recency bias, which is kind of dumb there are shows that are very great to be called anime of the year despite it airing later in that year like jjk season 1. So yea jjk season 2, first arc, won anime of the year. Also let’s not forget that jjk 2nd cour was still nominated for anime of the year in 2022.
Mar 31, 7:56 AM
Dec 2022
N1nj4L1nk said:
Six more hours of a little boy crying = anime of the year for you? 🤣

trus bro (character limit)
Mar 31, 8:27 AM
Mar 2023
Deadass69 said:
Jmob1 said:

nah that's just how crunchyroll did it. it's weird af. I might be wrong but every video I watched during the awards like Gigguk said that it's not all of s2 but just hidden inventory. that's why specialz and the ed from shibuya weren't a part of the awards and where my blue is was
Mar 31, 8:28 AM
Mar 2023
Jmob1 said:
Deadass69 said:

nah that's just how crunchyroll did it. it's weird af. I might be wrong but every video I watched during the awards like Gigguk said that it's not all of s2 but just hidden inventory. that's why specialz and the ed from shibuya weren't a part of the awards and where my blue is was

and Yuji wasn't a part of mc of the year even though he would've been my vote for it
Mar 31, 8:40 AM
Mar 2021
Jmob1 said:
Deadass69 said:

Thats so weird then, like Hidden Inv over the likes of Vinland? Thats a joke.
Mar 31, 12:05 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to Deadass69
Jmob1 said:
Deadass69 said:

Thats so weird then, like Hidden Inv over the likes of Vinland? Thats a joke.
@Deadass69 honestly yeah. it could've partly been due to fans not knowing shibuya wasn't a part of it but the judges would've known. in fairness hidden inventory was still incredible for how short it was and deserved to be nominated but idk about winning
Mar 31, 12:07 PM
Mar 2021
Jmob1 said:
@Deadass69 honestly yeah. it could've partly been due to fans not knowing shibuya wasn't a part of it but the judges would've known. in fairness hidden inventory was still incredible for how short it was and deserved to be nominated but idk about winning

even if we count Shibuya, Vinland just hit the spot. I gave JJK S2 9/10 btw.
Mar 31, 6:07 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Okeanix
@Jmob1

@Okeanix I remember you saying that the frieren score was going to fall a lot after the anime ended what happened with that?
Apr 1, 6:47 AM

Dec 2020
if they somehow adapt arc 6 amazingly, particularly volumes 23 - 25, then honestly it would be an absloute juggernaut. in my opinion it has some of the most unique character development ive ever seen with some of my favorite moments in fiction, adapt that well and people are about to witness something special alright
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does some animators from Studio Bind will help White Fox ?

Baliste - Yesterday

14 by Casi0us »»
43 minutes ago

» Why did White Fox decide to release episode 1 early?

someone324 - Jun 6

9 by GeoXsf9 »»
Yesterday, 9:00 AM

» Episode 1 will be 90min LONG!

AshTheChamp - Jun 5

41 by MarshallLeeee »»
Jun 7, 8:30 PM

» New PV with theme song

Dbagas8 - Jun 6

12 by StyxParadise »»
Jun 6, 11:02 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

75 by Merve2Love »»
Jun 5, 3:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.