Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 20, 7:14 AM
Aug 2020
So is Hachikuji's mother Tsunade alive or not ?
Jun 20, 8:17 AM

Jul 2023
There's not much detail or background of her mother. It just that Hachikuji want to meet her mother and since she went to met her so, it’s safe say that she was still alive back then. Rather than, there's no brief explanation about her parents.

Jun 20, 11:58 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to nirererin
There's not much detail or background of her mother. It just that Hachikuji want to meet her mother and since she went to met her so, it’s safe say that she was still alive back then. Rather than, there's no brief explanation about her parents.
@nirererin
From Hanekawa's reaction when Araragi asked her about Tsunade , it seemed like she knew something but didn't tell them. So i thought maybe Tsunade committed suicide after Hachikuji's death. That's why I was curious
Jun 20, 1:04 PM
Apr 2023
How did you come into that conclution?
Jun 20, 8:40 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to PurplePants
@nirererin
From Hanekawa's reaction when Araragi asked her about Tsunade , it seemed like she knew something but didn't tell them. So i thought maybe Tsunade committed suicide after Hachikuji's death. That's why I was curious
@PurplePants Hanekawa's reaction- I don't know for sure and there's any clarified logic, so it's just my theory that, when Hanekawa heard Tsunade, she might recall that they also had a family problem like her (Hanekawa) and there she understand why she can see her (Hachikuji). As we are familiar with Hanekawa's catchphrase- "I don't know everything. I just know what I know."

Both theories are aguemantally acceptable. So, wonder what happened actually unless the author says anything about it. But for me, I think her parents aren't died, they just accept their faults and reality.

Jun 21, 6:23 AM
Dec 2020
keinboesewichtJun 21, 6:31 AM
Jun 21, 6:35 PM
Apr 2023
nirererin said:
@PurplePants Hanekawa's reaction- I don't know for sure and there's any clarified logic, so it's just my theory that, when Hanekawa heard Tsunade, she might recall that they also had a family problem like her (Hanekawa) and there she understand why she can see her (Hachikuji). As we are familiar with Hanekawa's catchphrase- "I don't know everything. I just know what I know."

Both theories are aguemantally acceptable. So, wonder what happened actually unless the author says anything about it. But for me, I think her parents aren't died, they just accept their faults and reality.

Hanekawa and Araragi can see her because both don't want to be at home, but for different reasons in de case of Araragi is said in the chapter.
Jun 21, 6:41 PM
Apr 2023
keinboesewicht said:

I have read only the first arc. I started the second one actually the one you are mentioned, but there's a problem both the anime and the manga are adaptation and the manga is very different in some arcs and was published years afyer the end of the tv series. I haven't read any novel so I don't know, but if I am not wrong she sais tadaima.
rjherrerasJun 21, 6:47 PM
Jun 22, 1:26 AM
Mar 2019
rjherreras said:
keinboesewicht said:

I have read only the first arc. I started the second one actually the one you are mentioned, but there's a problem both the anime and the manga are adaptation and the manga is very different in some arcs and was published years afyer the end of the tv series. I haven't read any novel so I don't know, but if I am not wrong she sais tadaima.

Just went and checked, in the LN (cut down to the relevant parts) it says

“Looking toward the plot of land─where her home must have been. “Wa-a-a-ah─”
And then.
She dashed past me and ran.
“─I’m back! I’m home!”
[…]
What kind of scenery this place─a mere plot of land to my eyes and Senjogahara’s and no doubt nothing like it used to look─would show the Lost Cow, Mayoi Hachikuji.
[…]
Soon, the figure of the girl carrying the large backpack began to─grow dim, blurry, and slight...and before I knew it, I couldn’t see her.
Gone from my sight.

Gone.
But the girl had said, “I’m back.” It was the home of the family of her divorced mother, and in no way the girl’s now, just a destination that she was destined for─yet the kid had said, “I’m back.”
Like she’d come home.
And to me.
That sounded wonderful.
Nothing short of wonderful.”

So, she does say “I’m home” but it’s left ambiguous of if she’s saying to anyone in particular. I think it seems to imply that she said it because she saw her home from before she died. It doesn’t mention her mother anywhere though, so I think it’s safe to assume that she didn’t see her. Especially considering it goes out of its way to say “It was the home of the family of her divorced mother” instead of her mother’s home.
Jun 22, 1:43 AM
Mar 2019
I don’t think we’re ever told what’s happened to Maoi’s mother, but I think it’s safe to assume that her mother is still alive.

Spoilers for Owarimonogatari

Jun 22, 6:04 AM
Dec 2020
rjherreras said:
keinboesewicht said:

yeah thats why i was specifically talking about the manga.

obviously the LN is the version thats closest to the artists vision
Jun 22, 6:08 AM
Dec 2020
Thicc_Ink said:
I don’t think we’re ever told what’s happened to Maoi’s mother, but I think it’s safe to assume that her mother is still alive.

damn, she did say that

do we know if the manga has been adapted up to that part? and what does she say in there?
Jun 22, 9:40 AM
Mar 2019
keinboesewicht said:
Thicc_Ink said:

damn, she did say that

do we know if the manga has been adapted up to that part? and what does she say in there?

The manga finished up at Tsubasa Tiger so we unfortunately don’t get it’s perspective for that arc :(
Jun 22, 11:14 AM
Dec 2020
Thicc_Ink said:
keinboesewicht said:

damn, she did say that

The manga finished up at Tsubasa Tiger so we unfortunately don’t get it’s perspective for that arc :(

oh wow i didnt know that… i thought for sure it would adapt the whole thing
Jun 22, 1:22 PM
Apr 2023
Thicc_Ink said:

I didn't remenber this explanation, but it clatifies a lot. Thanks!
Jun 28, 6:58 AM
Jul 2023
is the hachikuji mother is alive?
Jun 28, 11:30 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to Kohikui
is the hachikuji mother is alive?
@Aoyamanachi
Read the replies

More topics from this board

» What to expect?! ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Sep 10

53 by towhid_69 »»
Yesterday, 7:19 AM

» Dub?

infinite_Shadows - Sep 21

28 by TwigzLIVE »»
Yesterday, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 18, 2009

250 by Kazamafox »»
Sep 11, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 31, 2009

359 by slayer70 »»
Sep 8, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

515 by Helios_0413 »»
Sep 1, 9:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.