Jul 2016
Trigun Stampede is a different flavor I will say I prefer the 90s vibes
May 18, 2:32 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Tomi3b
Merve2Love said:
@Tomi3b

Kay, set me straight then.
Explain to me why the Original Trigun isn't as good as the remake :)

I don't know. Cause you didn't say.

I am pretty sure I explained myself right there. If you're not convinced just scroll and keep going with your day, what can I say
@Tomi3b

Well you just didn't^^ "It's a mess" and "I was disappointed" do not describe what it was that put you off. Im sorry. It's just not a thought out point.
Since you made a Thread, I thought you were kinda open to discuss the specifics, you know.

But I seem to upset you quite a bit, by asking what you mean so....you're right. Let's get on with our day.
May 25, 4:02 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to LotteGiants
SafeEntity said:
OP, you didn't enjoy the original, maybe you just don't get it? It isn't a problem.

Why do people say stuff like this? Trigun is not complicated. It is very easy to not like something because you think its bad and not because its goodness is a secret that you'd have to be an idiot to not enjoy.
@LotteGiants Precisely. It's not complicated, yet you think it's bad because you don't get why so many people think it's great.
You are simply not the right person to appreciate it.

Nowadays I've seen plenty of trash anime that get good ratings because of animation. I also don't get it at all.
May 25, 7:29 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to SafeEntity
@LotteGiants Precisely. It's not complicated, yet you think it's bad because you don't get why so many people think it's great.
You are simply not the right person to appreciate it.

Nowadays I've seen plenty of trash anime that get good ratings because of animation. I also don't get it at all.
@SafeEntity Other people liking Trigun and my opinion that the show is bad aren't connected.

Not understanding a show means that you're missing some part of it. Watching Starship Troopers and thinking its an overly simplistic sci-fi war movie with too much silly violence is misunderstanding a piece of media. Watching Starship Troopers and thinking its a parody of fascist propaganda that makes war look very simple and comically violent is understanding a piece of media (whether you think its good or bad).

Trigun is a show about a strong guy that doesn't want to kill any people but has to stop other strong guys from killing all the people. It doesn't have any hidden message or secret politics or anything. I understand other people might think the characters are well done (while I don't) or that the comedy is funny (which I don't) but I don't think there's a person on Earth that could actually "not get" Trigun.
Jun 5, 11:22 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to LotteGiants
@SafeEntity Other people liking Trigun and my opinion that the show is bad aren't connected.

Not understanding a show means that you're missing some part of it. Watching Starship Troopers and thinking its an overly simplistic sci-fi war movie with too much silly violence is misunderstanding a piece of media. Watching Starship Troopers and thinking its a parody of fascist propaganda that makes war look very simple and comically violent is understanding a piece of media (whether you think its good or bad).

Trigun is a show about a strong guy that doesn't want to kill any people but has to stop other strong guys from killing all the people. It doesn't have any hidden message or secret politics or anything. I understand other people might think the characters are well done (while I don't) or that the comedy is funny (which I don't) but I don't think there's a person on Earth that could actually "not get" Trigun.
@LotteGiants I said that maybe you don't get, then I implicitly said "I don't get Trigun Stampede" and you still misunderstood me and thought I say you "didn't understand it".

Let's think here, if by "getting it" I meant "understanding the show" why would I say I don't get Trigun Stampede having watched Trigun? I wouldn't because that doesn't make any logical sense. I just included that sentence to clarify my meaning which I extensively explained in the following comment.
Yet you managed to completely disregard it all. You made no attempt at interpretation or you failed at it miserably so I will not even try to explain it to you again because you simply wouldn't 'get it'.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

80 by Dad2 »»
Sep 9, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

65 by Dad2 »»
Sep 5, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

210 by ANIk_003 »»
Aug 24, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 16, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

153 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 16, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.