Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 3, 6:32 AM
Jan 2020
filthyfrank8142 said:
I mean considering how good the first 2 seasons were I’m actually thinking that this will reach heights that no other anime from this year will reach.

Bro has not watched Frieren.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Oct 3, 7:39 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to Nafis_Syed
@WaterMage That's a fair judgment I suppose. I myself am too a biased fan but for Re:0, so I can understand and respect your appreciation for Oshi no Ko, as it's indeed a very fantastic series. As for the first episode, it arguably went through the most tamest part of the volumes yet to be adapted for S3, as the content that people say is what makes Re_Zero so good for us LN readers will essentially begin in the next episode and I expect it to continue trending upwards from here on out per se.

As for the answer to your question, the first cour is essentially the first half of arc 5 whereas cour 2 will be the second half. Arc 6 is leaked to be 22 eps and be split into either 2 courses with 11 eps each or in one sitting for a third cour. Also, if I am being really truthful here, while I do believe that Arc 5 has the potential to do very well with the anime crowd (especially for the shonen fans), and could make for a great contender for AOTY, Arc 6 is however what many of us readers perceive to be the one to have the best chance of winning AOTY as it has certain content that makes Re_Zero really stand out, even more so than the other fan-favourite Arc 4, which sadly was not as perceived well because of its poor anime production quality.

I hope this answers your questions, and if you have any more, please feel free to say them to me. I look forward to seeing your reactions to S3, so I sincerely hope that you will enjoy this overall ride mate.
@Nafis_Syed ah yes I got it I heard next 2 cour will come next year we will eat good.

Nafis_Syed said:
As for the first episode, it arguably went through the most tamest part of the volumes yet to be adapted for S3

The last 10 minutes gave me that feeling I hope it won't be as brutal as S2 Cour1 for Suabaru's sake, but that was great story.

Nafis_Syed said:
anime crowd (especially for the shonen fans),

They will still rather more care about Mid leveling and generic shits like that. But I understand what type that is.

Nafis_Syed said:
even more so than the other fan-favourite Arc 4, which sadly was not as perceived well because of its poor anime production quality.

I am surprised to hear that S2 cour2 felt very well done to me. They studio did 30min episodes and animation was great too. Although as I said I have no clue about LN. I loved cour1 the most because of certain witches specially the greed oneπŸ˜“ and best character development was during that time but cour2 capitalised the build up and delivered a good neat conclusion. I didn't knew people hated that.
Nafis_Syed said:
I sincerely hope that you will enjoy this overall ride mate

I enjoy every Isekai it's my favourite. I heard mixed reception before watching this (2 months ago lol). And introduction bit was kinda slow but since great-whale everything has been excellent to me. It's not my favourite Isekai like MT or Slime but it's right after that. Thanks for you answer.
WaterMageOct 3, 7:48 AM
Oct 3, 7:45 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to WaterMage
@Nafis_Syed ah yes I got it I heard next 2 cour will come next year we will eat good.

Nafis_Syed said:
As for the first episode, it arguably went through the most tamest part of the volumes yet to be adapted for S3

The last 10 minutes gave me that feeling I hope it won't be as brutal as S2 Cour1 for Suabaru's sake, but that was great story.

Nafis_Syed said:

They will still rather more care about Mid leveling and generic shits like that. But I understand what type that is.

Nafis_Syed said:
even more so than the other fan-favourite Arc 4, which sadly was not as perceived well because of its poor anime production quality.

I am surprised to hear that S2 cour2 felt very well done to me. They studio did 30min episodes and animation was great too. Although as I said I have no clue about LN. I loved cour1 the most because of certain witches specially the greed oneπŸ˜“ and best character development was during that time but cour2 capitalised the build up and delivered a good neat conclusion. I didn't knew people hated that.
Nafis_Syed said:

I enjoy every Isekai it's my favourite. I heard mixed reception before watching this (2 months ago lol). And introduction bit was kinda slow but since great-whale everything has been excellent to me. It's not my favourite Isekai like MT or Slime but it's right after that. Thanks for you answer.
@WaterMage Just for precision:

Arc 1 = S1 episodes 1-3, LN volume 1
Arc 2 = S1 episodes 4-11, LN volumes 2-3
Arc 3 = S1 episodes 12-25 + S2 episode 1, LN volumes 4-9
Arc 4 = S2 episodes 2-25, LN volumes 10-15
Arc 5 = S3 episodes 1-16, LN volumes 16-20
Arc 6 = S3 episodes 17-38 (if the leaks are true), LN volumes 21-25
Oct 3, 7:47 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to QcDiablo
@WaterMage Just for precision:

Arc 1 = S1 episodes 1-3, LN volume 1
Arc 2 = S1 episodes 4-11, LN volumes 2-3
Arc 3 = S1 episodes 12-25 + S2 episode 1, LN volumes 4-9
Arc 4 = S2 episodes 2-25, LN volumes 10-15
Arc 5 = S3 episodes 1-16, LN volumes 16-20
Arc 6 = S3 episodes 17-38 (if the leaks are true), LN volumes 21-25
@QcDiablo ah got it. Thanks
Oct 3, 8:48 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to Confused_100
alex11123111 said:
Anime of the year is such a tough choice! So many incredible series have dropped this year, but I’d have to say "Attack on Titan" really stands out with its intense storytelling and character development. Plus, if you're in France, you can catch some great anime series on Peacock TV in France! It’s a fantastic way to explore different genres and find new favorites. What are everyone else’s top picks for anime this year?

I dare to say Re Zero has a better storyline than AOT. It has mystery, great characters and development. The difference is clear though, Re Zero is more of a novel than a manga. So it is more difficult to adapt to an anime. However if done correctly, would win AOTY easily
@Confused_100 bro's replying to a bot

I dare to say Re Zero has a better storyline than AOT

delusion is really high these days with rezero fans, the 1st 2 seasons has been just generic waifu bait isekai with probably the most annoying mc out there, my man cannot go 2 seconds without barking "emilia tan" blaah blah blah. ofcourse there are some scenes with good potential, but then again its just still potential which we can find in every mid anime
Oct 3, 8:51 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to watchkeepe_r24

delusion is really high these days with rezero fans, the 1st 2 seasons has been just generic waifu bait isekai with probably the most annoying mc out there, my man cannot go 2 seconds without barking "emilia tan" blaah blah blah. ofcourse there are some scenes with good potential, but then again its just still potential which we can find in every mid anime
watchkeepe_r24 said:
probably the most annoying mc out there

Not to mention his crying and dying abilities. Bro is one of the most annoying mc I've found.
Nothing else against the series though. Just this guy.

Also staying on topic. This series is not even close to top 50 of the decade for me.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Oct 3, 9:05 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Confused_100
LIVI___ said:
It's either jjk or frieren. I would vote for jjk

You should reconsider JJK after that mid writing of an ending.
@Confused_100 ?? Season 2 doesn't cover the ending of jjk. It's the adaptation of the shibuya arc. The ending is indeed bad but the shibuya arc is really great and aoty deserving.
Oct 3, 10:01 AM
Feb 2023
watchkeepe_r24 said:

Then you never watched the series or heard the dialogue lol. In first season alone, Subaru, Emilia and Rem developed along with introducing characters that are still relevant and are used more than half of what AOT cast was. Every character is important in some shape or form in Re Zero. So call it delusion, I call it understanding the writing and characters more

Btw the account got removed, I didn’t know I was replying to a bot account lol
Confused_100Oct 3, 10:05 AM
Oct 3, 10:03 AM
Feb 2023
LIVI___ said:
@Confused_100 ?? Season 2 doesn't cover the ending of jjk. It's the adaptation of the shibuya arc. The ending is indeed bad but the shibuya arc is really great and aoty deserving.

I think even then S3 of Re Zero has more impact that Shibuya arc by miles. The difference will be that S3 won’t be done till next year which is a big advantage JJK has.

Frieren is gonna get it though
Confused_100Oct 3, 1:40 PM
Oct 3, 10:36 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to Confused_100
watchkeepe_r24 said:

Then you never watched the series or heard the dialogue lol. In first season alone, Subaru, Emilia and Rem developed along with introducing characters that are still relevant and are used more than half of what AOT cast was. Every character is important in some shape or form in Re Zero. So call it delusion, I call it understanding the writing and characters more

Btw the account got removed, I didn’t know I was replying to a bot account lol
@Confused_100 my original comment was about story aspect which you completely ignored and you start yapping about "character development"

introducing characters that are still relevant

by relevant you mean how rem was completely removed in s2 or how emilia was bitch crying in some temple for like 80% of s2.

yes bro this is peak character writing, I KNEEL

half of what AOT cast was.

idk why you are bringing AOT here, especially the charecters which i never touched upon, my original comment was about how generic the story of rezero is in general, its the same time loop shit which has been used like trillion times before and done way better in shows like steins gate
Oct 3, 11:30 AM
Feb 2023
watchkeepe_r24 said:
@Confused_100 my original comment was about story aspect which you completely ignored and you start yapping about "character development"

by relevant you mean how rem was completely removed in s2 or how emilia was bitch crying in some temple for like 80% of s2.

idk why you are bringing AOT here, especially the charecters which i never touched upon, my original comment was about how generic the story of rezero is in general, its the same time loop shit which has been used like trillion times before and done way better in shows like steins gate

Okay again you said false things like Emilia crying 80% when literally whole 2 episodes dedicated only for her development without subaru. She develops on her own and becomes independent. She went from depending only on subaru to depending on herself and everyone she trusts. Her backstory has so much trauma and mystery which was discussed heavily in S2.

In part 1 of S2, you see what happens to her because of her dependence on subaru. Part 2 shows you her determination and that she needed to be encouraged to face her past to move forward.

Rem? S1 she got alot of development as for relevancy, better wait before saying anything lol. She is relevant again, there’s a reason why she was taken out because she was taking spotlight from even her sister who got spotlight in S2 and will get more in S3.

I am waiting for actual good reasons here. I was mentioning AOT because of original reply I replied to, thought you were annoyed by that, hence why I compared but won’t anymore.

Now if you want story, we can go for that too since apparently the sanctuary’s purpose went over your head in S2. Or even The world building in S1. Everything is built for a reason in Re zero.
Oct 3, 1:43 PM
Nov 2023
Dandadan just started. Re:Zero can only be 2nd at best now…
Oct 3, 3:17 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Okeanix
@Jmob1 In Crunchyroll AOTY, Solo Leveling will win anyway since it's their most watched and highest rated anime in the CR, 3x more votes than Frieren and maybe 5x more viewers.

Nothing can beat Re:Zero S3, specificially 37-39 episodes of peak.
@Okeanix OK, but how did you kinda predict the episode count?

Although it isn't official but just a leak, how though
Oct 3, 5:43 PM

Oct 2014
this anime is overrated in my humble opinion. good anime but 7.5 atleast. a 9? its too much
Oct 3, 7:13 PM

Jul 2024
Looking good so far.. definitely gonna win AOTS/AOTY at this rate.
Oct 3, 7:16 PM

Jul 2024
Reply to Gazz
this anime is overrated in my humble opinion. good anime but 7.5 atleast. a 9? its too much
@Gazz Well, I'm glad Re:0 finally getting the treatment and spot it
really deserved.
Oct 3, 7:36 PM

Jul 2024
Reply to FutoiOtaku
@FutoiOtaku Dandadan is a great anime but I'm leaning more toward Re:0. If Dandadan surpasses 9.00 rating then we can say it has a chance to win anime of the year title.
Oct 3, 7:59 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to WaterMage

Nafis_Syed said:

Nafis_Syed said:

Nafis_Syed said:

Nafis_Syed said:

@WaterMage No problem, and eh, who knows tbh, it may not be your favourite isekai now at the moment, but it can be in the future. Also, in terms of brutality plus horror, I think I am gonna have to keep my mouth very shut for this one (Arc 6 still scares me to this day lol). I like S2 cour 2 as well, but it certainly could have been better, although the staff delivered well on what they could, which was respectable IMO.
Oct 3, 10:19 PM

Feb 2011
helllll nooooo. Not even close in my opinion.

Oct 3, 11:15 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to Confused_100
watchkeepe_r24 said:

Okay again you said false things like Emilia crying 80% when literally whole 2 episodes dedicated only for her development without subaru. She develops on her own and becomes independent. She went from depending only on subaru to depending on herself and everyone she trusts. Her backstory has so much trauma and mystery which was discussed heavily in S2.

In part 1 of S2, you see what happens to her because of her dependence on subaru. Part 2 shows you her determination and that she needed to be encouraged to face her past to move forward.

Rem? S1 she got alot of development as for relevancy, better wait before saying anything lol. She is relevant again, there’s a reason why she was taken out because she was taking spotlight from even her sister who got spotlight in S2 and will get more in S3.

I am waiting for actual good reasons here. I was mentioning AOT because of original reply I replied to, thought you were annoyed by that, hence why I compared but won’t anymore.

Now if you want story, we can go for that too since apparently the sanctuary’s purpose went over your head in S2. Or even The world building in S1. Everything is built for a reason in Re zero.
@Confused_100
Okay again you said false things like Emilia crying 80% when literally whole 2 episodes dedicated only for her development without subaru

so what? it is the execution that matters, which was straight up snorefest with barely any memorable moments

She went from depending only on subaru to depending on herself and everyone she trusts

yeah good for her but it was still snorefest, we dont need entire 24 eps for that, they should have finished all that crap in s2 p1 itself and given payoff in s2, but what we got was underwhelming finale.

Her backstory has so much trauma and mystery which was discussed heavily in S2.

just because she had trauma backstory doesn't make her interesting character. literally every anime has sad sobstory, just shoving sad story like demon slayer is not enough for me to care about her.

there’s a reason why she was taken out because she was taking spotlight from even her sister
you mean generic waifu bait 999 got popular and author didnt know how to further proceed with her, so he just threw her away

Now if you want story, we can go for that too since apparently the sanctuary’s purpose went over your head in S2

classic "you didnt understand the story bro, go watch shonen fight" ahh moment from cringe zero fan

The world building in S1. Everything is built for a reason in Re zero.

doesn't make the series better, infact in re zero you get bloated cast with uninteresting characters in already mid story.

so far rezero is just your typical isekai with annoying leads and repetitive plot, shows like mukoshu tensei, despite being far from perfect actually has unique flawed sorta realistic MC who is anyday better than cringefest annoying subaru
Oct 4, 5:26 AM
Feb 2023
watchkeepe_r24 said:
@Confused_100
Okay again you said false things like Emilia crying 80% when literally whole 2 episodes dedicated only for her development without subaru

so what? it is the execution that matters, which was straight up snorefest with barely any memorable moments

She went from depending only on subaru to depending on herself and everyone she trusts

yeah good for her but it was still snorefest, we dont need entire 24 eps for that, they should have finished all that crap in s2 p1 itself and given payoff in s2, but what we got was underwhelming finale.

Her backstory has so much trauma and mystery which was discussed heavily in S2.

just because she had trauma backstory doesn't make her interesting character. literally every anime has sad sobstory, just shoving sad story like demon slayer is not enough for me to care about her.

there’s a reason why she was taken out because she was taking spotlight from even her sister
you mean generic waifu bait 999 got popular and author didnt know how to further proceed with her, so he just threw her away

Now if you want story, we can go for that too since apparently the sanctuary’s purpose went over your head in S2

classic "you didnt understand the story bro, go watch shonen fight" ahh moment from cringe zero fan

The world building in S1. Everything is built for a reason in Re zero.

doesn't make the series better, infact in re zero you get bloated cast with uninteresting characters in already mid story.

so far rezero is just your typical isekai with annoying leads and repetitive plot, shows like mukoshu tensei, despite being far from perfect actually has unique flawed sorta realistic MC who is anyday better than cringefest annoying subaru

Yeah you are baiting hard because you aren’t even agreeing at one point lol
Oct 4, 9:16 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Confused_100
LIVI___ said:

I think even then S3 of Re Zero has more impact that Shibuya arc by miles. The difference will be that S3 won’t be done till next year which is a big advantage JJK has.

Frieren is gonna get it though
@Confused_100 I like rezero more than any shounen. I do agree that S3 might be better than entirety of jjk. However, the hype which S2 of JJK had was really something else. It was like a culture, It was too insane i've barely seen this much hype anywhere else, and the episodes were actually delivering the hype. All this helped me enjoy the episodes even more on top of the brilliant writing of that arc with it's godlike animation. it was generational
Oct 4, 10:33 AM
Apr 2023
I'd say one of the shonen or romcom anime will be anime of the year.

Re:Zero is very good, but not anime of the year worthy, at least from what I've seen so far.
Oct 4, 2:15 PM
May 2024
would this be counted for 2024 or 2025?
4 hours ago
Nov 2023
Tbh I really doubt that it will be anime of the year, re:zero is at best a great anime tbh I don't even know why people elevate this anime as a masterpiece when it is not
4 hours ago

Jan 2019
Reply to Ilias03x
Tbh I really doubt that it will be anime of the year, re:zero is at best a great anime tbh I don't even know why people elevate this anime as a masterpiece when it is not
@Ilias03x Re:Zero is true masterpiece and better than every show in your 10/10.

Example even peaks of Frieren is nothing compared to peaks of Re:Zero.

I don't know what masterpiece meant to you but Re:Zero is one.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
4 hours ago

Sep 2020
If it's as good as S2 then their is a chance but it's really hard to top Dandadan this year imo.
4 hours ago
Sep 2018
Reply to FutoiOtaku
@FutoiOtaku exactly and with this season of Re:Zero being censored ruining looks and potential of 2 great new characters there is no way in hell it will be number 1 this year unless they release uncensored director's cut later and those loud fans are actually right with how they praise this arc. Anyway off to enjoy Dandadan which has real potential at number 1.
4 hours ago
Sep 2018
Reply to Azuchi
watchkeepe_r24 said:
probably the most annoying mc out there

Not to mention his crying and dying abilities. Bro is one of the most annoying mc I've found.
Nothing else against the series though. Just this guy.

Also staying on topic. This series is not even close to top 50 of the decade for me.
@Azuchi agreed, he's the worst part of this whole series, hoping he improves later if I will even still be watching it by then.
4 hours ago
Nov 2023
Reply to Okeanix
@Ilias03x Re:Zero is true masterpiece and better than every show in your 10/10.

Example even peaks of Frieren is nothing compared to peaks of Re:Zero.

I don't know what masterpiece meant to you but Re:Zero is one.
@Okeanix bait once were believable
3 hours ago
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to Akanekino
@Azuchi agreed, he's the worst part of this whole series, hoping he improves later if I will even still be watching it by then.
@Akanekino I planned on watching this third season to be honest. But I just said, f*ck it, I don't have time for something uncertain, not knowing what will happen. Ain't taking the chances of seeing this guy dying and crying over again.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
3 hours ago

Jan 2019
Reply to Ilias03x
@Okeanix bait once were believable
@Ilias03x You have Elfen Lied 7.46 rated show in your favorites, you are the one baiting :)
3 hours ago

Jan 2019
Reply to Azuchi
@Akanekino I planned on watching this third season to be honest. But I just said, f*ck it, I don't have time for something uncertain, not knowing what will happen. Ain't taking the chances of seeing this guy dying and crying over again.
@Azuchi Don't watch it, you can't comprehend Re:Zero anyway as you proved it many times.

Subaru is the best part of the Re:Zero and best MC ever written, anyone who can't even understand this should stay away from Re:Zero.
3 hours ago
Nov 2023
Reply to Okeanix
@Ilias03x You have Elfen Lied 7.46 rated show in your favorites, you are the one baiting :)
@Okeanix it's one of my favourite but I ranked it 7 , it isn't a masterpiece I just liked the idea
3 hours ago
Sep 2018
Reply to Azuchi
@Azuchi yea it's one of the rare sequels I wasn't hyped about especially not after finding out about censoring it will have. Usually I watch almost every other sequel the moment first episode drops. The previous 2 seasons weren't anything special or leave any amazing memory to make me want another one right away like other animes make me feel. Will eventually watch it if rating stays high at the end and they make it proper uncensored director's cut, but currently there are way better things out there that I'm more hyped about. I mean tbh the trailer for this season looked good, but not top 10 type good, maybe somewhere in top 20, if not for censoring then 10 sure, top 5 this year I don't think considering other stuff we had already and still getting.
Akanekino2 hours ago
2 hours ago

Sep 2020
Reply to Akanekino
@FutoiOtaku exactly and with this season of Re:Zero being censored ruining looks and potential of 2 great new characters there is no way in hell it will be number 1 this year unless they release uncensored director's cut later and those loud fans are actually right with how they praise this arc. Anyway off to enjoy Dandadan which has real potential at number 1.
@Akanekino Censorship in Re Zero have nothing to do with it's quality. They just made the outfit of kids less reveling which is great. Don't know about you but I don't want to see half necked kids.
23 minutes ago
Sep 2018
Reply to ZXEAN
@Akanekino Censorship in Re Zero have nothing to do with it's quality. They just made the outfit of kids less reveling which is great. Don't know about you but I don't want to see half necked kids.
@ZXEAN I don't consider them kids, but I just hate censorship in general and especially when it comes to outfit designs, they had a unique great looking outfit especially the crazy demon girl Capella which from the trailer was exactly the type of character I love and would have been one of my favorites from Re:Zero. Then I saw how much better she looked in LN with her original look, my dissapointment was unmeasurable and my day was ruined. They went from unique amazing look which lacks in the whole series to a boring same look like every other character.

For a series that had plenty of gore and blood from the start idk what they are afraid of showing a little bit of skin like it will matter, instead they chose to change a character to look boring for stupid reason when author originally made it look nice and unique in the show full of covered boring outfits.
Akanekino19 minutes ago
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 6

442 by Dragloncon »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » How many times do you think Subaru will cry this season?

DefeatingMe - Yesterday

16 by Sheol01 »»
42 minutes ago

» Episode 2 #leaks

DirtyOldGuy - Yesterday

25 by Kaze1214 »»
3 hours ago

» deleted

Okeanix - 3 hours ago

1 by Kaze1214 »»
3 hours ago

» Lowkey think I'm growing too old for this ( 1 2 )

AnaakJahad - Oct 4

68 by NiJaS »»
3 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.