Forum Settings
Forums

7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! Discussion

New
Jan 7, 10:03 AM

Feb 2019

https://myanimelist.net/anime/56352/Loop_7-kaime_no_Akuyaku_Reijou_wa_Moto_Tekikoku_de_Jiyuu_Kimama_na_Hanayome_Seikatsu_wo_Mankitsu_suru

Plot Summary

Being reborn once may sound impressive, but Rishe is already on her seventh time around! She has had all kinds of excitement in her previous lives, from peddling goods as a merchant to locking blades as a knight, so now she's determined to kick back and enjoy. But to savor the high life, she first has to marry the handsome prince...the same one who happens to be her murderer! It will take six-plus lifetimes of experience and skills for Rishe to break the time loop and make her extravagant dreams come true!

(Source: Sevens Seas Entertainment)

Other Information

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Aired: Jan 7, 2024 to ?
Premiered: Winter 2024
Broadcast: Sundays at 23:30 (JST)
Producers: Pony Canyon, DAX Production, Overlap, APDREAM, Kusanagi
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Studio Kai, HORNETS
Source: Light novel
Genres: Fantasy, Romance
Theme: Reincarnation
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 10:04 AM

Feb 2019
Is putting "villainess" in the title obligatory for these "girl gets to redo her tragic life" stories. In what way was she ever a villainess?
Jan 7, 10:12 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 1

Rishe is in quite a tough spot there as no matter what good she does, she ends up being killed in a war someplace. And every time she dies, she's back at the moment her marriage to Dietrich is annulled. The 6th time, she was killed by Arnold, and that's the first person she meets when Dietrich annulled the marriage. Rishe is pretty headstrong there, realizing that nobility is not for her and that she would rather do something good there. But this time, she's deciding to live a lazy life. I have to think that she ends up in a war come age 20, but this time she finds a way to survive, which is something for another day. In any case, an interesting start, and Rishe has really established herself as somebody who has acquired a lot of knowledge through her time loops and use it for good.
Jan 7, 11:00 AM

Sep 2019
So this time around Rishe gets to see Arnold's side of the story. I suspect Arnold has very good reasons for going to war, considering what we've seen of Dietrich. The show seems promising so far, despite the misleading title. I'll keep watching.
Jan 7, 3:25 PM

Apr 2017
Can't get killed by Hitler if you marry Hitler.

What was up with her lives though? She had a bunch of good ones but for some reason she spent one life overworking herself as a maid? Why? She could have made money with her previous herbalist skills and knowledge of being a merchant.
Jan 7, 6:53 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to runec

What was up with her lives though? She had a bunch of good ones but for some reason she spent one life overworking herself as a maid? Why? She could have made money with her previous herbalist skills and knowledge of being a merchant.
@runec She mentions that in each life she is caught up in the war and killed at roughly the same point in time. I suspect the whole point of this series is to get her past that point and alive and to stop the war from happening.
Jan 7, 7:00 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to LouieGrandie
@runec She mentions that in each life she is caught up in the war and killed at roughly the same point in time. I suspect the whole point of this series is to get her past that point and alive and to stop the war from happening.
@LouieGrandie Well, I get the sense that the war will still happen despite trying to get on Arnold's good side. Only this time she will survive it thanks to all the bonds she has made. That's where I see this going as in shows like these the MC knows what's coming, but is caught off guard by something that has them experiencing the same problem, but does something differently to get by.
Jan 7, 7:21 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to GridironOtaku
@LouieGrandie Well, I get the sense that the war will still happen despite trying to get on Arnold's good side. Only this time she will survive it thanks to all the bonds she has made. That's where I see this going as in shows like these the MC knows what's coming, but is caught off guard by something that has them experiencing the same problem, but does something differently to get by.
@GridironOtaku I got a feeling he just wants to get laid which is why he started the war, with the marriage that point is avoided.
Jan 7, 8:04 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to LouieGrandie
@LouieGrandie Yeah, so why work as a maid? I'd want to be as far away from nobles as possible in the event of a war.
Jan 8, 12:30 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to runec
@LouieGrandie Yeah, so why work as a maid? I'd want to be as far away from nobles as possible in the event of a war.
@runec Maybe she wanted to see what life was like for the servants since she'd been on the other side. She might have gone to work for someone in a small country that she thought wouldn't get too caught up in that war wither. Who knows.

I noticed she never said what she did the fifth time around.
Don't drive a car when you're dead - Tom Waits
Jan 8, 4:02 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to runec

runec said:
Yeah about that ...
Jan 8, 5:29 AM

Feb 2019
Reply to marklebid
runec said:
Yeah about that ...
@marklebid I mean unless you count a suicide pact
Jan 8, 1:35 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to RMikami
So this time around Rishe gets to see Arnold's side of the story. I suspect Arnold has very good reasons for going to war, considering what we've seen of Dietrich. The show seems promising so far, despite the misleading title. I'll keep watching.
@RMikami

Seems like the only place it can go, she's hardly going to marry a murderous thug.

Same here, there was enough there for me to want to keep watching despite the nonsensical bits.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 8, 5:46 PM

Apr 2020
Those "But then... I got swept by a war" parts almost felt like a running gag for the episode. Also, loved those parts with the prince just getting reversed Uno'd by his own break-up, in 6 different timelines.
I'll check this out, out of curiosity about the Male MC's backstory. Unless it becomes simply a Hot-Girl-Loves-Bad-Boys then, to the Drop list it goes.

I'm curious if they intentionally skipped the 5th life when she was talking about her other lifetimes for story-telling reasons for later events. She mentioned the 4th then skipped to the 6th.
Also, I wonder why it has "Villainess" in its title. She doesn't seem to be the villain of the story.
Jozuwa-_-Jan 8, 5:50 PM
Jan 8, 6:03 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Jozuwa-_-
Those "But then... I got swept by a war" parts almost felt like a running gag for the episode. Also, loved those parts with the prince just getting reversed Uno'd by his own break-up, in 6 different timelines.
I'll check this out, out of curiosity about the Male MC's backstory. Unless it becomes simply a Hot-Girl-Loves-Bad-Boys then, to the Drop list it goes.

I'm curious if they intentionally skipped the 5th life when she was talking about her other lifetimes for story-telling reasons for later events. She mentioned the 4th then skipped to the 6th.
Also, I wonder why it has "Villainess" in its title. She doesn't seem to be the villain of the story.
@Jozuwa-_-

Seems a case of the other girl spread rumors about her and turned her into the 'bad guy' in the original timeline.

Though she didn't show us anything of her actual past before the throne room.

And for the fifth life I'm betting on 'magic user'. Just because fantasy.
marklebidJan 8, 6:10 PM
Jan 14, 7:54 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 2

Now that Rishe and Arnold have hooked up, she plots out her course of life to just laze around this time. But even so, she's putting what she learned in her previous time loops to good use as she helps some wounded soldiers get back on their feet. And then, it's off to the Galkhein where Rishe uses her maid skills to tidy up the abandoned palace. One of the maids Elsie was bullied, but Rishe was there to stand up for her. All while Rishe tries to read Arnold, which she finds out is not so easy to do. But Arnold is giving her free reign to do what she needs to. An interesting relationship certainly is developing.
Jan 14, 1:38 PM

Apr 2017
"Marry me."
"I'm not going to do a damn thing and you can't touch me."
"Sure."

Figured the touch one wouldn't last long.

Let's see if she revitalizes the country by introducing mayo.
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to runec
"Marry me."
"I'm not going to do a damn thing and you can't touch me."
"Sure."

Figured the touch one wouldn't last long.

Let's see if she revitalizes the country by introducing mayo.
@runec revitalizes the country by accepting his mayo....
Jan 14, 3:46 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to HOOfan_1
@runec revitalizes the country by accepting his mayo....
@HOOfan_1 That will be a few episodes yet I imagine.
Jan 15, 6:58 AM
Nov 2022
"I want to live a life of luxury and idleness!"

"Seeing all this mess and dirt makes my maid blood pump!"

She's got some conflicting interests.
Jan 21, 7:49 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 3

Rishe shows off her ballroom dancing skills there seeing that she has danced with Arnold before, albeit under much different circumstances that Rishe is looking to avoid. She notices that something's amiss about Arnold's left side, and he has an old scar on it that hasn't healed one bit since the time he got it. So with that, Rishe picks the maids who will serve her, and she goes with the young and inexperienced ones rather than more established maids like Diana, pointing out that their skills are better utilized elsewhere, and not to mention Diana hasn't been a good leader. Rishe really means business.
Jan 21, 10:26 AM
Oct 2022

Pretty good dance, not as good as Fern and Stark but pretty good.
Jan 21, 1:14 PM

Apr 2017
He seems like the sort that would have the other girls executed for pranking his fiancee. I wouldn't be surprised if he destroys their families or something.
Jan 25, 12:41 PM

Sep 2018
This continues to be a pleasantly enjoyable watch.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 25, 9:52 PM

Dec 2014
This is quite interesting. I like her character and dialogue. Perhaps for the same reasons as the crown prince.
Jan 28, 7:54 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 4

Rishe sneaks out to make a trade deal with Kaine, one of the guys who would later instigate a war with the Hein Kingdom in one of the timelines. She puts her merchant skills to use as she manages to get Kaine's company to procure wedding goods. And then she returns home being greeted and scholded by Arnold to sneak out. Next day, she meets her brother-in-law to be, Theodore. All sorts of interesting characters are showing up.
Jan 28, 4:46 PM

Apr 2017
Younger brother is the most up to something of all up to somethings. She should have ignored the invite. It was obviously from him.
Jan 28, 5:46 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to runec
Younger brother is the most up to something of all up to somethings. She should have ignored the invite. It was obviously from him.
@runec Adolf gave the most helpful of warnings. "Stay away from him. Just because."
Jan 28, 6:12 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to marklebid
@runec Adolf gave the most helpful of warnings. "Stay away from him. Just because."
@marklebid It wasn't the most helpful warning but the I'd be wary of any dude that will sleep in a garden just to get to me and switches personalities at the drop of a hat. Where one of those personalities is an over the top 6 year old. While stressing he is second in line to the throne.

Dude is up to something and meeting him alone at night is a bad idea. Heck, even if he wasn't suspicious, meeting your fiance's younger brother alone in the dead of night at a secret location is a bad idea for the optics if nothing else.
Jan 29, 3:46 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to runec
@marklebid It wasn't the most helpful warning but the I'd be wary of any dude that will sleep in a garden just to get to me and switches personalities at the drop of a hat. Where one of those personalities is an over the top 6 year old. While stressing he is second in line to the throne.

Dude is up to something and meeting him alone at night is a bad idea. Heck, even if he wasn't suspicious, meeting your fiance's younger brother alone in the dead of night at a secret location is a bad idea for the optics if nothing else.
@runec That's probably why she feels she has to deal with him. She wants to stop the country from going to war in the next several years and the second prince seems influential.

But more immediately: How else is she going to add him to the harem?
Jan 29, 3:59 AM

Apr 2020
I like that part with the merchant. Even with a massive cheat code of already spending years together and knowing so much about him from a past life, Rishe's plan still didn't go as smoothly as she likely imagined. It shows that a smart businessman will always be a natural negotiator. it doesn't matter if you came in prepared, or did research ahead of the meeting, they'll speak based on the flow of the conversation and not on the presumed interest.

Rishe better know something about his 6-time killer's brother or I'll face palm hard. That's 6 lifetimes she had. No excuses for not spending time learning more about the country that caused the war that keeps leading to her death, in at least one of those lifetimes.
But I'm assuming she learned things about it during her 6th life when she became a knight, and presumably during her mysterious 5th life that was not-so-subtly skipped during the backstory monologue.

This is a pretty interesting Anime so far.
Feb 3, 9:19 PM

Feb 2022
Weird thought - What if during every loop/life, she was also his wife (Loop 0)?

The reason she never made it to Galkhein is because people would have recognized their princess/empress in town acting like a merchant, herbalist, etc. Rishe said herself that she would have jumped at the chance of a new backer after the engagement was annulled. Arnold seems to be trying to improve the lives of the people without wealth/power. Not wanting change, some nobles there and in other countries made a move that leads to her death and the war. She lived all these lives to gain the experience she needs to survive (illness/physical attack) and hopefully prevent the war. So Loop 7 is closing the circle and may be the last one.

Yup. Probably overthinking it.
Feb 4, 12:56 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to Hi-mi-tsu
Weird thought - What if during every loop/life, she was also his wife (Loop 0)?

The reason she never made it to Galkhein is because people would have recognized their princess/empress in town acting like a merchant, herbalist, etc. Rishe said herself that she would have jumped at the chance of a new backer after the engagement was annulled. Arnold seems to be trying to improve the lives of the people without wealth/power. Not wanting change, some nobles there and in other countries made a move that leads to her death and the war. She lived all these lives to gain the experience she needs to survive (illness/physical attack) and hopefully prevent the war. So Loop 7 is closing the circle and may be the last one.

Yup. Probably overthinking it.
@Hi-mi-tsu I'm making a wild guess here but the rumour that he murdered his father the emperor/king might not be entirely true. We can then assume he goes on a tear across the other nations to rip them out of the ground as revenge.

I'm eager to hear what his little brother has to say next episode.
Feb 4, 6:03 AM

Feb 2022
@Xuhybrid
That also crossed my mind. If the aide he was speaking with on the stairs is right, the current emperor would side with the nobles. So I can only guess that little brother has something to do with the death and rumor. Maybe the other countries were sanctioning Arnold by restricting trade and travel to Galkhein. That could be another reason Rishe never made it there.

All I have are questions and guesses. We don't have a full picture of what she learned about what was happening in the world (besides the war) in those 5 years.

I'm looking forward to the church scene too.
Feb 4, 7:49 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 5

Arnold took control of the situation quickly, and now Rishe explains to Arnold about her past time loops, passing them on as dreams. And then they kissed after Rishe said she's resolving to be his wife. Next day, it's back to the negotiation table as Rishe has a plan that involves using people from the slums to work to mass-produce goods an tells Kaine something he said in another timeline to choose customers. But just as Kaine was about to shut her down, Rishe counters by saying she will cultivate customers, and that she's aware of her sister's illness that Rishe is currently making a cure for. With that, Kaine has secured an agreement, but not long Rishe collapses and is abducted by Kamil and Elsie, who are working for Theodore. They got to do something about Theodore seeing that he has his own agenda and having Rishe and Arnold getting married is the one thing he can't afford to have happen.
Feb 4, 11:53 AM

Sep 2019
Well, Theodore's a dead man walking, isn't he?
Feb 4, 1:33 PM

Dec 2014
Reply to RMikami
@RMikami I'd be more concerned with Elsie and that guard. Blackmail or not, doesn't matter to me.
Feb 4, 1:45 PM

Sep 2019
Reply to Xuhybrid
@RMikami I'd be more concerned with Elsie and that guard. Blackmail or not, doesn't matter to me.
@Xuhybrid
Yes, I'm worried about Elsie, but I'm sure Rishe will try to help her out.
Feb 4, 4:01 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to RMikami
@RMikami For real. For a guy that thinks his brother will murder anyone at the drop of a hat he's really trying to get murdered at the drop of a hat.
Feb 5, 1:58 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to runec
@RMikami For real. For a guy that thinks his brother will murder anyone at the drop of a hat he's really trying to get murdered at the drop of a hat.
@runec "Let me push all of his buttons then i can call him a homicidal murderer."
Feb 8, 11:10 AM

Apr 2020
That twist was pretty interesting. Guess they'll use the 'blackmail' reasoning for Elsie and Kamil's involvement in Teddy's schemes. But I'm hoping they give at least one of them a more interesting motivation for why they were involved.
Also, they have an agreement about "touching", right? Arnold gestured to her a favor in exchange for physically touching her the first time. I'd reckon a sudden kiss would cost much more? xD
Feb 11, 7:42 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 6

So it turns out that Riche was playing along seeing that she knew that Theodore just wanted to help those in the slums, but just needed to be taught a lesson that there's a much better way to get what he wants. The fact that he want after Riche rather than his big brother was his one big mistake. Arnold claims to not care about him, but that couldn't be any further from the truth as he saved his little brother just when he was about to take his own life. So in the end, Theodore's heart was in the right place, but his mind wasn't, and it's thanks to Riche and Arnold that it now is.
Feb 11, 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
That played out a lot better than i expected. And she even managed to get the two stubborn brothers to communicate honestly.
Feb 11, 1:01 PM

Apr 2020
Great emotional episode! I was initially dismayed with the pay-off for the previous episode's twist ending up being one of those protag's-one-step-ahead cliches with Rishe already knowing stuff about Theodore (not because of the loops but because she looked into him). But since they executed the episode so well, I just moved on from it.

I think having 2 separate conversations with Theodore was a good idea, with the first one being the part for exposing/confirming his true agendas, and the second one being the opening-up point.
It might just be me but, I teared up a bit during that scene when Theodore found out his brother remembers that moment he holds so dear. I think Theodore's transition from a dishonest/in denial mischievous younger prince to the open and emotional little brother during those 2 separate convos was enough build-up for me to grasp a bit of the feeling that the character has been harboring this entire time.

Also, I noticed that Arnold might have found some cracks with Rishe. She may already have knowledge about him from things she already knows from her past lives, but when it comes to his true desires and purposes, she's still mostly guessing and going by what she observed from him so far, and I think Arnold might have caught that when she was psycho-analyzing him.

Liked this episode.
Feb 11, 1:20 PM

Apr 2017
I must have missed the life where she got a PhD in psychology.
Feb 11, 3:48 PM

Apr 2020
runec said:
LOL xD It's probably during the 5th life she didn't talk about.
Feb 12, 5:04 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to runec
@runec If she dies after 5 years isn't she like 55 years old? You'd be pretty wise about people by that age.
Feb 18, 7:43 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 7

Rishe decides to train with Arnold and the two have a sparring match with the two having their left arms tied behind their backs. As Rishe was a knight who fought Arnold in one of her past time loops that she anticipates his moves, but even so there was just no way she was beating Arnold as her technique is still a far cry from Arnold's. And then Arnold moves into his new room with Rishe using her experience as a maid to make sure Arnold has a good night sleep, and in the end she ends up sleeping together with Arnold not realizing what she did. With a wig arriving from Kaine's trade company that she puts it on and undergoes training as a knight. So here, all the skills acquired from working these different jobs through her time looks are coming together, and now her experience as a knight is about to be put to the test.
Feb 18, 2:37 PM

Apr 2017
No one will notice the knight candidate with the feminine figure, gorgeous face and luscious lashes.
Feb 18, 6:10 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to runec
No one will notice the knight candidate with the feminine figure, gorgeous face and luscious lashes.
@runec Worked for her in a previous life.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Mecha-Ude: Mechanical Arms Discussion

zkeleton - 4 hours ago

2 by Dosantsu »»
5 minutes ago

» Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister Discussion

GridironOtaku - Oct 1

25 by Dosantsu »»
32 minutes ago

» Good Bye, Dragon Life Discussion

runec - Yesterday

7 by runec »»
47 minutes ago

Sticky: » Post the Anime You've Watched Today ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

boldulysses - Oct 19, 2022

939 by GridironOtaku »»
5 hours ago

» Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon Season 5 Discussion

HOOfan_1 - Yesterday

12 by zkeleton »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.